• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The 2005 Detroit Tigers will.............

buzzsaw

santanna did lose--- but my golly, he gave up 2 hits!!! I'll take him any day over any pitcher in the ML.

as far as Chi-- the whole city hasn't been to a world series since 1959 (SUX) The cubs in 1945. That's pretty sad. Detroit and backerup--- nice hitting team-- but you have little or no starting pitching to get even close, let alone agst a div winner from another div. 8-0 agst the SUX says it all. Yes the Twins are not playing def like the past- but give it time and they will be near the top in fielding % and in hitting. With Moonshot Morneau and Maurer, this team has the sky as it's limit. Det-- forget about it. The SUX are the Twins challenger, and they fold quicker than a ice cube in the summer sun. Bring on May-June and the rest of summer. GO TWINS!!!!!!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Where are the Tigers? They rank 8th with 15 errors to the Twins 18 errors.

Yo dingleberry, are we counting errors now? I thought wins were what mattered! Keep trying! Let me get this straight, Minnesota has committed more errors than Detroit and were STILL kicking your butt in the standings??? Hmmmmm

Can't wait to hear your next chain of psycho babble....

oh and good luck vs the Red Sox... they are in a lull so you guys have a decent chance of winning the series...

Quote:

santanna did lose--- but my golly, he gave up 2 hits!!! I'll take him any day over any pitcher in the ML.

Hallelujah Mudcutter!!! Santana is THE man!!!! Garland may end up being the AL pitcher of the month by a pie hair over Cy Santana.

Garland over Santana by a "pie hair"? Must be one huge "pie". Garland ERA 1.38 Santana 3.29, Earned Runs Garland 6 Santana 15, HR's given up Garland 1 Santana 5. Complete games Garland 2 Santana 0 (both shut outs to boot)

Backherup, keep it coming, bro! Good luck in motown with the Carmines. Keep up the front against these Twinkie-eaters. Don't get them too mad though, they may go into a "roid-rage" like their reliever who will be "resting" for the next 10 games. Winners never cheat and cheaters never win! YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES! Windy

Windy

Anyways great game today against the Red sox... 3 hits another loss by Urbina (last years Tiger savior) to go 0-3 on the year for the Tigra's

Detroit is now 3 games under the .500 mark, not looking like a different team to me Cantbackitup.... shocked.gif

I can take a lot of things, but to convienently compare stats of John Garland to Santana right now is ridiculous and made me spit up a little in my mouth. Let's be realistic and compare them at the end of the year when Garland's ERA will be over 4.00 and Santana's will be under 3.00.

Santana has pitched seven or more innings in 23 of his last 29 starts, going 23-3 during that stretch!!! Thats amazing!!

So heres the way the weekend shapes up cantbackanythingupever! The Twins play a hot team (Devil Rays) who just spanked the Yankees, and you play the Angels who the Twins just took two out of three from and it could have been a sweep if not for Colon's gem... I just checked and Santana and the boys spanked the Rays 7-1 and your AAA impersonators were down 1-0 in the first inning... should be interesting.

P.S. All that world traveling making you anymore of a baseball know it all? grin.gif

Quote:

...So heres the way the weekend shapes up cantbackanythingupever! The Twins play a hot team (Devil Rays?!) who just spanked the Yankees, and you play the Angels who the Twins just took two out of three from and it could have been a sweep if not for Colon's gem... I just checked and Santana and the boys spanked the Rays 7-1 and your AAA impersonators were down 1-0 in the first inning... should be interesting...

Well, we took 2 of 3 from the Angels (in Anaheim), lost the one by one run and beat Colon to boot! grin.gif

Your Minnesota Twins have committed as many errors as the Detroit Tigers (22), and are lumped into the bottom 5 worst defenses in the A.L. (of which 4 of the teams are from the A.L. Central - A.L.Defensive stats ), so I don't want to hear how good you think the Twins are...all you have is Johan Santana...and I still think he won't last.smirk.gif

About the Tigers recent 4 game losing streak. 3 of the 4 losses were by 1 run and the other was a 5-3 loss. They've lost 9 games by one run and could very well be 23-7 or thereabouts. I'm not the least bit concerned. If they were getting trounced everytime they lost, then I'd be worried. The White Sox have beaten Detroit 9-1 and last Sunday 8-0 (but they're the best team in baseball), the Tigers came right back and crushed the Red Sox 8-3, in Boston the very next night. Other than those 2 losses and a 6 run loss to the Twins, they have been close in every other loss this year. That bodes well for the young pitching staff's confidence. Bonderman (5-2, 3.47 ERA), Maroth (3-2. 3.83), and Johnson (2-2, 3.93) are doing good and getting better. The surprise is their number 4 starter Nate Robertson (0-2, 4.18), who led them last season with 12 wins, has been struggling. But he'll turn it around. Their number 5 starter Wil Ledezma (1-3, 6.59) was struggling early but has been victim to the one run losses and little run support as of recent.

If this is as bad as it gets, I'm not worried at all!

Quote:

P.S. All that world traveling making you anymore of a baseball know it all?

I'm sure it has (world travel was during my musician years, now it's regional/national)...as a matter of fact, I get to go to Detroit in June (CCX, my employer is based in Ann Arbor, MI) and its company paid...so I will try to get to the San Diego or San Francisco Inter-League series...upon my return, I'm sure I'll know more about everything than you...but then again, I already do...and it doesn't take much more than an elementary education to accomplish that anyway! grin.gif

"Read-and-Respond" to you thugs, (if you're lucky) next week... smirk.gif

All that hot air and your 9.5 games back and were only like six weeks into the season.... keep dreaming mah boy, keep dreaming.... oh oh oh oh... we ONLY lost so many games by one run blah blah blah... Dude, you sould like a huge whinner, not to be mistaken with Winner! Bummer to take two out of three games from a good Angel squad only to lose ground in the division to both the White Sox & Twins!! Yeowwwwwch!! tongue.gif

Anyone with a substantial baseball IQ will tell you that a large amount of one-run losses means a team is simply getting out-managed. Is Trammel in any hot water out there Backherup?

Quote:

Bonderman (5-2, 3.47 ERA), Maroth (3-2. 3.83), and Johnson (2-2, 3.93) are doing good and getting better.

That should be "are doing well" not "good". Bad mistake for somebody that has put so many people down for their grammar mistakes before.

You also said..."I'm sure it has (world travel was during my musician years, now it's regional/national)...as a matter of fact, I get to go to Detroit in June (CCX, my empoyer is based in Ann Arbor, MI) and its company paid...so I will try to get to the San Diego or San Francisco Inter-League series...upon my return, I'm sure I'll know more about everything than you...but then again, I already do...and it doesn't take much more than an elementary education to accomplish that anyway! grin.gif"

I guess that means you know more than the writers at SI, ESPN, Peter Gammons, almost every paper in the country and just about any other analyst in baseball. These people all picked the Twinks over your Tigers. I had no idea you were so bright.

Lastly, I have never heard anyone say, " I get to go to Detroit in June". I have heard "I have to", "I am required" and "that he**hole" but never anything that would be taken as excitement.

Yeah the twins and tigers may be tied with the same amount of errors but please, its a nightly occurance too see Jones or Hunter on sportscenter making spectacular plays too rob people of hits. That DOES count for something. Its not in the statbook but anyone who knows baseball knows its there and knows that defensive ranking of the twins is not the whole story.

Hey Backherup,

Nice to see you back in action. Don't let these twinkie-eaters rattle you. It seems like we are always in a battle of wits with unarmed opponents when it comes to the Twinks. Nice game against Mr. Colon, nice to see a team that can actually hit and score on him. Twinks got their ARSE Spanked when Mr. Colon took Mr. Santana to the wood shed and taught him a thing or two about pitching. Keep up the good work my man, hey by the by, did you see how those powerful Twinks handled a pitcher with almost a 5.00 ERA tonight. All they could muster was three measly hits in getting SHUTOUT. Later dude, and as always...YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES! Windy

from the wisdom of windy...."Twinks got their ARSE Spanked when Mr. Colon took Mr. Santana to the wood shed and taught him a thing or two about pitching".......lol santana gave up 2 hits! he really taught him a thing or two johan can teach him on how to dust off his cy young award for him thats the closest he will ever get to one! keep your posts comming they are good comedy grin.gif

You guys are great relief. Anytime I'm depressed at work all I gotta do is read the banter on the baseball forum and it puts a smile on my face. God knows my Cubbies can't do it this year. Keep stirring Windy, but be careful who you are talking about being "unarmed". The anti-ChiSox group is giving you alot of rope!

PS I know you all think this is a rhetorical question, but anybody wanna trade for LaTroy Hawkins????

the Cubbie lovin' machine....

Quote:

Twinks got their ARSE Spanked when Mr. Colon took Mr. Santana to the wood shed and taught him a thing or two about pitching

If anybody ever was looking for a reason to believe Windy city had ANY brains, I would hope he wouldn't read that quote! Windy, quick go delete it before everybody see's it and you lose all respectability! oh wait, you already have! blush.gif

One game at a time...just when I said Robertson was going to turn it around...WHAMMO!!

Robertson, Tigers blank Rangers

Detroit starter pitches eight shutout innings

Gosh, when I heard the news I just had to make time to post today...

The Tigers just put Percival on the D.L. (retroactive to May 8th) and still...Ugie Urbina steps in and gets the save! What a team..."adversity" is a benign afterthought...

Oh, and the Twinchkins (the malignant afterbirths with leather mitts) get shut OUT!...what glorious news!!! grin.gif

I'm getting all giddy inside!!

Reading all you guys pumping each other up with eloquent and wistful postulation (look it up). It's very feminine. shocked.gif

"Thanks Buzz!"grin.gif

You go girls!!

Go on with your badselves!!grin.gifgrin.gif

Man, did you see the defensive stats I posted for you buzzardbreath? Not good. Especially that replacement at third...the "hot corner" is getting hotter. Cuddyer looks like he's handling a baked potato just out of the oven! grin.gifgrin.gif Man what a mistake it was not to re-sign Koskie...you're going to feel it the further the season progresses!

Tigers blank Rangers

Going to bed now (I'll get a good 3 hrs sleep, but that's ok, I'm as tough as they come!laugh.gif)...runnin' to Des Moines tonight...Sweet dreams girls...

Oh yeah, remember this...I'm one guy fighting all you Twinkies...and I'm standing tall...hey, do you hear the roar? I knew you would...wink.gif

It sounds like you need some sleep! not to mention medication! grin.gif I like how you said "I get to go to Des Moines" all I can say is that it couldn't have happened to a classier guy. blush.gif How many games back are the Tigers these days?? I just checked and your group of underachieving self obsorbed overpaid athletes are SILL under .500 for the season!! Whats up with that?? Can you answer that question or will you come up with some other useless factoid?! I want excusses, (I'll use some slang you'll understand) C'mon GOOD BUDDY??? whats the down low on the Tigers... Is Trammell that bad of a coach or do the athletes they have just stink????

Breaker breaker out!!

backerup, you and windbag crack me up

first off the twins got beat by a good team, they are 21-10 over .500 something you guys dont know anything about, we will hopefully play more cempetitive tonight,

your cellar dwelling kitty cats beat the rangers, whoopiee! why dont you go crash windbags sweep of the royals party!

apparently the sox celebrated a little too much, they got beat by tampa(12-21) who we just swept.

as far as our "Twins crowd", hey if you cant beat them join'em, however I am glad to see you not hop on any bandwagons, although feel free to throw in the white flag, like your team has already! If you dont like the trash talking, dont expect to come to fishingminnesota.com and root for detroit, cmon is it that hard to figure out

you mentioned you got giddy over a win, i used to get giddy when the twins won "A GAME", but then it started happening 90 times a year, its almost second nature now, kind of like those divison titles