• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The 2005 Detroit Tigers will.............

buzzsaw

Hey Backherup,

Should my beloved Pale Hose bring their bats and balls to The Cell tomorrow or just their boxing gloves? What the heck got into your boys Sunday? I see Kyle is up to his usually stuff, he would make a good wrestler, nice two leg take down there. He still has a million dollar arm and a 10 cent brain though in my humble opinion. I'm sure he will be getting a nice mini vacation compliments of the MLB, unpaid of course! Anyway, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do and my beloved have to do what they are going to. We will take the sweep in the series and you can take the fight after the game in the parking lot! LOL

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Geno,

It's getting awful quite on the board and it is kind of scary. My beloved play dead for 6 innings and then "Jo-Boo" wakes up bats and BAM it's another White Sox victory. Four times, we heard the Hawkeroo say, "YOU CAN....you know!

Combined with an Oriole extra inning beat down, (THANK YOU SLAMMY and MIGUEL) the magic number is (can you believe the Sox have a magic number? It's been too long) 59!

PS to Backherup, Sorry bout that, remember, it's not personal it's just business.

Windy

Hey Backherup,

Nice game tonight by Bonderman, I still can't believe he didn't make the All-Star team. I think Trammel would have let him throw 150 pitches tonight to avoid what happened last night when he went to the pen. Of all the Pale Hose hurlers, Contreras has to be my least favorite, by far. He is slow, stubborn and refuses to let AJ call his game. He is the total opposite of Buehrle and Garland and his record shows it. I'm not too worried about him though as I don't think he will see a start in the playoffs. Once again, congrats on achieving a rare feat, only the 6th loss to a Central Division foe for my beloved. Here's hoping the O's can continue their winning ways with the Twinks tonight, it's tied 2-2 right now.

Quote:

Hey Backherup,

...We will take the sweep in the series and you can take the fight after the game in the parking lot! LOL

Tigers Take Series From Baseball's Best

Hey Windygrin.gif...who's laughing now? Me, of course!;)

Kyle has 3 saves in a week's time. He had 2 saves for his entire career prior to that. I think we have a closer.

Sorry about being the second team this season to take a series from you at US Cellular, against the A.L.'s best pitching staff too! (The Tigers aren't bad either...6th in the A.L.)

To think that Twins fans feel they have a chance(!) when they can't score more than 2 or 3 runs a game. Since the All-Star break, the Tigers have scored 38 runs in 7 games (5.4 runs per game). The Twins have score a paltry 19 runs in 7 games (2.7 runs per game) in the same period. And they're considering seinding Justin Morneau down to the Rochester Red Wings!!!

The Tigers are the 4th best hitting team in the A.L. (and 7th in the Majors!) to the feeble hitting Twins (15th in the Majors and 9th in the A.L. behind the Devil Rays!) MLB Team Batting Stats...

Hmmm...4th best hitting team, 6th best pitching staff...and to think that Jeremy Bonderman (12-6, 4.05) is better than Johan Santana (8-5, 3.84)! Things are beginning to change in the A.L. Central.

P.S: Windy...think about this...if the Tigers sweep the Twins they'll be tied!!! LOL!!!grin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

Again, I have very little time and am going to make little effort to visit this forum anymore since you guys have bored me to death with your wisdom (or lack thereof) and predictable rhetoric. Your insults have now become repetitive and frankly I've become annoyed with your 6th-grade educations. There is another baseball
HSOforum
/forum that has been intriguing me, since it is filled with Tigers fans to go along with all the other MLB teams...far more engaging. Have nice lives...CIAO.

and............... heres another one....

Quote:

Ok, I admit it...I tried to resist. But I made my point now so I'll leave again...this time for good.

So let me ask the just a question..... does anything this man say have any credability? Does he not remember that his Tigers are STILL under the .500 mark??? hello!!! wake up! Did I mention HOW 'BOUT THEM SPURS!!! yeah baby! oh yes, Detroit chokes again. frown.gif

Oh and one more thing, whats up w/Kyle Farnsworth getting two saves and you thinking he's going to be the Rolaids relief man of the year! C'mon.... even Windy Isn't that crazy. grin.gif

This is all in fun backdastuffuppleeeeze......... blush.gif

Buzz,

Those were some pretty good old quotes. I am glad he doesn't stay away. It is a little disheartening though to have him only make an appearance on those good days to be a Tiger fan. I just don't understand how somebody beaten down so far can keep taunting the fans for the team ahead of him. It would be one thing to admit that "a week ago I wasn't too hopeful" before the taunting, but to come on and act as if there was never a doubt? Sheesh.

And I don't know about Windy's sanity, but as for me, I AM a Cub fan so draw your own conclusions. And I know the ultimate goal is the W/Series, but just remember who has at least made the playoffs more recently - Cubs not the Sox. That may change this year so I have to gloat over Windy while I still have bragging rights - Sox haven't won anything yet.

Quote:

So let me ask the just a question..... does anything this man say have any credability? Does he not remember that his Tigers are STILL under the .500 mark??? hello!!! wake up!

Remember, this is the guy who tried to tell us the Lions offense was better than the Vikes because they improved 4 spots (30th ranked to 26th)and the Vikes dropped 3 spots (1st ranked to 4th). His twisting of stats and numbers for his own benefit makes Windy look like a pure amateur. I got to admit I do like having him around as he is pretty easy pickings (although he is a world traveler and all set for the Rock $ Roll Hall of Fame). Oh, if only I had more than the 6th grade education Cantbackitup gives me credit for. Nice job on the quotes. I love the archiving on this site.

Quote:

To think that Twins fans feel they have a chance(!) when they can't score more than 2 or 3 runs a game.

Nice quote pal... how about ten runs on your great under .500 squad tonight!!

Quote:

P.S: Windy...think about this...if the Tigers sweep the Twins they'll be tied!!! LOL!!!

Guess thats not happening huh!

Quote:

Things are beginning to change in the A.L. Central.

Are they really?? What color is the sky in your universe?? Heres a sight from tonights game... it would be your boy getting yanked after getting shellacked.... blah ha ha tongue.gifgrin.gif

Jason Johnson getting beat down.jpg

I've got to admit, I was a bit overzealous and a tad confident. But the Tigers are playing better and at the right time too.

Quote:

To think that Twins fans feel they have a chance(!) when they can't score more than 2 or 3 runs a game.

Nice quote pal... how about ten runs on your great under .500 squad tonight!!

Well, how about the 12 runs we scored on you yesterday? Nice answer, huh? How about that one run you scored today? How about another loss to my favorite team? How about we're at .500 and climbing and are 4 games out of second place (and the final wildcard spot)!!

Tigers lead the series against the Twins...Tigers have the edge in the season matchups too...Tigers have outscored the Twins in this series 19-17 so far...Tigers have a better team batting average than the Twins...Tigers are 4 games out of second place and the final wildcard spot (did I say that already, well it needs repeating anyway), and the Twins keep back-pedalin'...

Yeah...there's change in the air...Gotta love it huh, Windy! grin.gifgrin.gif

Wait until they face the 2005 Detroit Lions...and Flip Saunders is actually going to have a chance at wearing the NBA Championship ring now...Yeah...there's change in the air...

Quote:

Ok, I admit it...I tried to resist. But I made my point now so I'll leave again...this time for good.

No really, what did you mean when you wrote this?? I guess you've got me confused???? again..............

P.S. Twins are up 5-1 on your Tiglets right now... it seems as though your team has a bit of Morneau-itis! grin.gif

Quote:

Tigers have outscored the Twins in this series 19-17 so far

After that 5-2 loss tonight to the Twins what is the series run total now? Not that I care, but since you like to break out the abacus and enlighten us with your math skills.

Quote:

and Flip Saunders is actually going to have a chance at wearing the NBA Championship ring now

What happened in game 7 vs Duncan and the boys? I haven't heard you break down that game yet... I'm pretty sure you watched every minute of it.... lay that world traveller wisdom on us. It really didn't surprise me that you went into hiding and never said a word about the Pistons losing in the finals... gotta be heartbreaking huh? I know if it was my team that lost in the finals it would just be a bummer... you know... go so far and then lose! Some people like to say stuff like, "atleast we got there and I'm happy with that" or "we won it all the year before so it's ok". Those must be the soriest people on the face of the earth to come up with garbage/lies like that huh? how did you feel? I'm guessing happy to be there and Ok with the fact you loss because you won the year before right? smirk.gif

P.S. Sorry the Twins had to split the series on the road at Comerica, I'll bet you'd have been on cloud nine if you could wake up Sunday and say "were finally above .500!

You guys can have Flip!!!! He wants the Pistons to score more. Get ready for a much softer defence!!!!

As for the Tigers they been losers ever since the late 80"s. Baseball should combine the Royals and Tigers together.

I heard the Loins want to draft a Wide Reciever in next years draft.

Brian

I heard the Lions are going to trade up to 1st overall to take a WR next year, just to make sure they get their guy.

I haven't really checked this post much because it is about the Tigers, now that I did I cant believe someone is trash talking backin up the Tigers. Anyone who would trash talk for the Tigers might as well be saying 'nuk' nuk' after every word.

Quote:

After that 5-2 loss tonight to the Twins what is the series run total now?

Let's see...we won 3 of the 5 games and scored 26 runs to your 24...we win. Oh, and we're only 4.5 games behind you slumpin' Twinkies...

Quote:

What happened in game 7 vs Duncan and the boys?

I haven't heard you break down that game yet... I'm pretty sure you watched every minute of it....

I don't care for basketball. Don't watch any of it. Was glad to see the Pistons were in the NBA Finals again, though (unlike your whining and bickering Timberpuppies, actually sounds a lot like you!). Between the Red Wings and the Pistons recent championships and consistent winning seasons, the Lions and Tigers have set the stage to make their run at their respective championships...all the signs are there. But of you guys are going to deny the inevitable, sucks to be you.

Buzzsaw...(and I quote) "you're one pathetic loser".

Your attempts at antagonizing me are childish at best, however I seem to curdle your skin and it gives me great pleasure. I go away for just about 2 months, come back to tease you and you pounce like a foaming hyena (with distemper). My power over you is unwielding. You cannot refrain from any of my posts and yet you try so hard to demean me. The funny thing is, all your other posting cohorts tend to believe they are as witty as you aren't...and just sound even more assinine than you!

Hey Windy...get a load of this dump!:

Quote:

Some people like to say stuff like, "at
/
least we got there and I'm happy with that" or "we won it all the year before so it's ok". Those must be the
soriest
people on the face of the earth to come up with garbage/lies like that huh? how did you feel? I'm guessing happy to be there and Ok with the fact you loss because you won the year before right?

P.S. Sorry the Twins had to split the series on the road at Comerica, I'll bet you'd have been on cloud nine if you could wake up Sunday and say "were finally above .500!

Ooooh....that hurt!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

The truth is...the Tigers are 4 games back and comin'! HA!!

s026-farnsworth-0705y_07-26-2005_0V7I50F

This is what a blackbelt in Tae Kwon Do looks like...

s026-ordonez-0705y_07-26-2005_PK7I54H.jp

This is what a guy on an 18-game

hitting streak looks like.

s026-bonderman-0705n_07-26-2005_0V7I51J.

...and this is what a 13-game winner

looks like.

Backherup,

You come in talking trash about a series you won 3-2 in your own park. Big accomplishment. Congrats though, we could have used that series. You talk about how you get under Buzz's skin and how he just can't resist you internet magnetism. I can't speak for him but from somebody who also responds to your posts frequently, I feel I can explain why. You give yourself no chance at credibility. You bring out stats that are spun so wildly it is kind of funny. You call us childish at the same time accusing us of only having 6th grade educations and similar compliments. You somehow managed to tell us you are smarter or more worldly because you traveled with a guitar. By the way, I would love to see your name on a CD jacket credits list. Give me a title and I will be happy to go purchase one. You only show up when your team does well or our team is in the tank. You tell us you are never coming back, yet do, only to tell us that this really is the last time, but yet come back again. Do all these threads occasionally get carried away with what goes on? Absolutely, and we have all been at fault in that, except DownToEarth, as he is far to reasonable and... down to earth with his thoughts. smile.gif But tell me, what it is about what you do in this forum shows that you actually deserve the credibility you ask for? I am not looking to start a attack on you but only trying to understand why you feel you should be treated any differently. Nobody knows who started what around here but if you want to take the high road, take it, stay there or don't complain about coming down into the mosh pit with the rest of us.

Very well written Fishyguy! Backherup, you made your quotes about staying away twice and when we call you on it you don't have much to say.... I just think your a little too sensative to things that are said about your Lions and Tigers... theres no Denying the Red Wings and Pistons recent success... but those first two teams have really done nothing and you can't deal with that in a normal healthy manner. Your arguements are wierd and always slanted and biased in your favor! Whatever happened to opening your eyes and taking in all the facts or giving credit where credit is due? Isn't the bottom line that your team is STILL in 4th place in the division?? Is that good?? you sound proud of that fact. They won't finish any higher than 4th place, mark those words. grin.gif

Lions and Tigers, and backerup....oh my!

your quite the character you know that, see below from 06/23/05, from this same thread:

Quote:

You see lockjaw (I mean buzzsaw), I told you the Twins pitchers weren't going to last (note: Santana is tanking it too).

The Tigers pitchers are getting stronger and more confident day-in and day-out. The reverse is happening to the Twins (as admitted by Twins pitching coach Rick Anderson on the radio postgame show)...gosh, its getting fun, huh Windy?

Quote:

2-1/2 games behind the Twins...and it's not even the All-Star break yet!!!

The Tigers should be in second place (behind the White Sox) by the end of the week...

"See ya...and now I really wouldn't wanna be ya!!"

Unless the Tigers get to second place...then Windy and I will tear you a new sphincter! (medical term)

gosh.... is it still getting fun?

just proves your logic, and how little sense it makes, none of your "Great Predictions" have come true yet, and probably never will.

The tigers ARE NOT in 2nd place, so why are you here?

grin.gif 3-1/2 games behind the Twins!

Magglio Ordonez extended his hitting streak to 19 games...

The streak is the longest of his career and fifth longest in the American League this season. The Tigers right fielder missed almost three months of the season with a hernia, but has returned with a bang, hitting .376 since being activated from the disabled list...

During the hitting streak that started on July 5, Ordonez is batting .413 (31-for-75) with nine doubles, two home runs and 16 RBIs. He also had an 18-game hitting streak in April of 2003 while playing for the White Sox...

fishyguy writes:

Quote:

You give yourself no chance at credibility. You bring out stats that are spun so wildly it is kind of funny.

"You bring out stats that are spun so wildly it is kind of funny"? The stats are from MLB.com...again, your feeble attempt to discredit the the obvious is what's "kind of funny." grin.gif

You're so self-righteous, you're blinded to what is transpiring to your beloved Minnesota teams. Case in point. The back-pedaling Twins! I'm counting them down.

As a matter of fact...I see them ending the season like this:

1. White Sox

2. Tigers (and a wild-card spot)

3. Indians

4. Twins

5. Royals

Your Twins really suck in all offensive categories and the pitching is starting to falter

(starting to falter!?blush.gif)...

Quote:

By the way, I would love to see your name on a CD jacket credits list. Give me a title and I will be happy to go purchase one.

Here's a clue...type in the name "Andy Kotz" (it's in my profile, mental genius) in any browser search engine you like!!!

and finally rundrave writes:

Quote:

gosh.... is it still getting fun?
YES!!

just proves your logic, and how little sense it makes, none of your "Great Predictions" have come true yet, and probably never will.

Oh yes they (the Tigers) are, day by day...we keep closing the gap and at the right time too!!

The tigers ARE NOT in 2nd place, so why are you here?
Because it's MY forum!!
grin.gif

ahahahahahahahahhaha, lmao

I just fell off my chair, and spit mountain dew all over my keyboard.

That was the best joke I heard all day, Tigers getting the AL wild card....

Quote:

Unless the Tigers get to second place...then Windy and I will tear you a new sphincter! (medical term)

if your logic was true, the tigers would have been in 2nd at the allstar break. sorry to say your gap closed along with your prediction, a few weeks ago

Quote:

ahahahahahahahahhaha, lmao

I just fell off my chair, and spit mountain dew all over my keyboard.

That was the best joke I heard all day, Tigers getting the AL wild card

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!

There is some good comedy going on! I can't believe (for once) that Backherup didn't come after me! blush.gif Is Andy Kotz your real name or is it Joe Satriani??? or Eric Johnson (ah via musicom)??

I haven’t piped in here much…I like to wait until after the all-star break to really see how things are washing out. It takes that long for the team stats to really level off and become meaningful. There are all kinds of stats…it is pretty easy to find some that will suit whatever needs you might have. But…there are a few bottom line stats that, over the course of a season, begin to give a pretty good picture of the teams. The stats, from MLB.com, on the Twins, the Tigers, and the White Sox…

Detroit has the higher batting average of the three teams, at .275.

The Twins and Sox are dead even at .264.

The White Sox have more runs scored, with 480 (7th in MLB).

The Tigers are next, at 462 (13th in MLB).

The Twins have scored a paltry 439 runs (21st in MLB).

For those unwashed heathen who think that home runs are where it’s at, the Sox have hit 123, the Tigers 91, and the Twins 86. While the Sox have hit about 40 more homers than the Twins, that has translated into…well…about 40 more runs scored.

Given all that, we would expect the White Sox to be the better team. But we would also then expect that the Tigers would be better than the Twins. But they’re running pretty consistently at two or three games back.

Team ERA finds the White Sox at 3.68…3rd in MLB, and first in the AL.

The Twins are at 3.72, 5th in MLB and second in the AL.

The Tigers are at 3.99, 11th in MLB and 6th in the AL.

The Twins' pitching is hardly 'faltering'.

The White Sox…statistically and record-wise…are by far the best of the three teams (at this point, anyway). And that has been translated into their won-lost record.

If we add Cleveland into the mix, they have a team ERA at 3.79, 7th in MLB and 4th in the AL. There is a strong argument that the AL central is the strongest division in baseball…but the NL Central is tough, too.

Given the Twins’ lack of runs scored, it could be argued that they are over-achieving, considering their won-lost record. As the Tigers are in the middle of the pack in terms of ERA and runs scored, we would expect them to be a .500 team. As they are.

So…the Twins’ edge in pitching (over the Tigers) has carried them further (about three games worth) than the Tigers’ edge (over the Twins) in hitting. Even though the Twins have wasted a lot of very good starts from their pitchers…there have been a lot of 2-1 losses this year…they remain in the thick of the wild card race. If they can add a good bat in the next week (before the trading deadline), they will remain serious wild-card contenders.

Final thought, then I will leave for a while again…It would take a considerable collapse on the part of the Sox for the Twins to win the division, even though they have 13 games remaining between the two. If the Twins were to win an extremely optimistic 9 of the 13 games, they would gain only five games in the standings. But the Twins will remain in the wild card to the end…but right now, it looks like Oakland will be the team to beat for the wild card (and I am assuming that the Angels continue to play well - which I expect - and win the AL West).

I'm not going too sit and try and pretend at this point in the season that i think the twins are going anywhere near the world series. They might get the wild card but i wouldnt put any $$ on it with the teams that are right there with them. I feel im looking at things pretty realistically. That is something im sorry i cant say for backherup. I really really dont think that tigers team is going too finish out in front of the twins for one. Possible yes i guess, this twins team doesnt seem too have it this year. But my god the tigers sure as he!! arent getting a playoff spot over all these other teams. Its time too look at things without the tunnelvision backherdude. That tiger team is not playoff caliber. Throw all the stats ya want up. I know the tigers have played head too head pretty well against the twins. Its a sad day when i have too say that because quite frankly the tigers just plain arent really that good. If the twins could just take care of business against those scrubs they would be sitting much better for the wild card.

I tell ya what i cant believe is that we havent heard the Joey Harrington for season MVP yet.