• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The 2005 Detroit Tigers will.............

buzzsaw

You have too believe the way all the twins starters are pitching right now that its a short matter of time before that 3 1/2 game lead by the sux is a 5 game lead for the twins. The sux havent had a start too a season like this for a long time and they have only a 3 1/2 game lead. The full 162 game season will show that the sux we have seen through 50 games is a total fraud. Night in and night out the twins are getting quality starts from all 5 starters, that is how titles are won.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geno,

That is the obvious rantings of a bleeding heart, tree hugging liberal out there in the land that elects "rastlers" as their Governor. Go figure. Makes you appreciate the Land of Lincoln, doesn't it. Good luck with the Jays, we get to try a little Rocky Mountain High for a few games. Later my friend.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES!

Windy

Yeah, actors, rasslers, whoever can sling the most gets elected. I still would have liked to see Perot as Pres.

Anyway, the Cubs are hot, but still a long ways from me flapping my gums yet. Maybe by the time I return from Cass (where I am sure to meet that Cardinal lover Vitt) the Cubs will have come back to Earth. In the meantime, I'll be hoping they can stuff a few birds (Jays). We don't get Halladay until Wed. so we have a chance to take this series.

Geno,

If they can't beat Chacin, they are gonna have "all they can eat" with Mr. Halladay. He's the real deal this year and I got a feelin that he is gonna feed the Cubbies about 8 or 9 innings of "bagels" if you get my drift. I could be wrong but I wouldn't bet against him. Good luck...UNTIL JUNE 24TH !

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES! Windy

Looks like the Twinskins are doing all the BackingUp!!

Here are a couple headlines I predicted would happen awhile back...you'll want to click on these links from your Twins HSOforum.

Santana loses control in finale

Twins bullpen wearing thin

Twins bats quieted by Lawrence

...sounds to me like the Indians are coming...oh, and I hear the roar of the Tigers too!

BTW: We swept the Padres and took 2 of 3 from the Giants...the Twins just lost 4 of 6 against the same 2 teams!! See ya! Wouldn't wanna be ya!! grin.gif

Backitup,

I thought you left because of our 6th grade educations. Now things go south for us, north for you and we are worthy of a baseball discussion again. In or out? Make up your mind.

Quote:

the Twins just lost 4 of 6 against the same 2 teams!!
See ya! Wouldn't wanna be ya!!
grin.gif

33-33 finally back to .500, and 12 games back, I wouldnt want to be you either, will see how this 3 game series between the twins goes

Our friend with the goatee is back... very predicatable. Great job getting back to .500! I always let you know when your team was close and by gollee you sure let us know when they got there! How many games out of first place are these pesky Tigers of yours these days?

I hope he reads this before the Tigers lose again and he decides to go back into hiding... or traveling the world.

Poster "rundrave" writes:

Quote:

33-33 finally back to .500, and 12 games back, I wouldnt want to be you either, will see how this 3 game series between the twins goes

Tigers roll over Twins in series opener...

Tigers pounce on Mays at Metrodome

Well...well, look at the Twins, 10 games out of first and dropping like their pitching staff. 11 base on balls issued in 2 games by Twins pitching!! While the 2 Tiger starters (Bonderman and Robertson) fanned 15 batters, walked 3 and pitched complete games!!

You see lockjaw (I mean buzzsaw), I told you the Twins pitchers weren't going to last (note: Santana is tanking it too).

The Tigers pitchers are getting stronger and more confident day-in and day-out. The reverse is happening to the Twins (as admitted by Twins pitching coach Rick Anderson on the radio postgame show)...gosh, its getting fun, huh Windy?

White Sox 49 22 .690 -

Twins 38 31 .551 10.0

Indians 37 33 .529 11.5

Tigers 35 33 .515 12.5

Royals 25 46 .352 24.0

2-1/2 games behind the Twins...and it's not even the All-Star break yet!!!

The Tigers should be in second place (behind the White Sox) by the end of the week... grin.gifgrin.gif

"See ya...and now I really wouldn't wanna be ya!!" grin.gifgrin.gif

Ok, I admit it...I tried to resist. But I made my point now so I'll leave again...this time for good.

Unless the Tigers get to second place...then Windy and I will tear you a new sphincter! (medical term)

hey glad to see you only post when your team starts winning!

thought you left a month ago with your tail between your legs because we were to immature or something along those lines.

I dont want to speak to soon because these words may come back to haunt me, but the twins scored 4 in the first today, yeah we got rocked the last 2 games, but dont expect a sweep.

Tigers, have come along way in the past 2 yrs, but second in the central? let alone by the end of the week?

Your 2 games over .500 and still in the basement of the division. But then again you havent much to get excited about the last 2 yrs, so enjoy this mediocre celebration while it lasts.

A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. A classic CureZone troll is trying to make us believe that he is a skeptic. He is divisive and argumentative with need-to-be-right attitude, "searching for the truth", flaming discussion, and sometimes insulting people or provoking people to insult him. Troll is usually an expert in reusing the same words of its opponents and in turning it against them.

While he tries to present himself as a skeptic looking for truth ... his messages usually sound as if it is the responsibility of other forum members to provide evidence that what forum is all about is legitimate science.

When trolls are ignored they step up their attacks, desperately seeking the attention they crave. Their messages become more and more foul, and they post ever more of them. Alternatively, they may protest that their right to free speech is being curtailed. Some trolls do have a creative spark and have chosen to squander it on being disruptive. There is a certain perverse pleasure in watching some of them. Ultimately, though, the webmaster has to decide if the troll actually cares about putting on a good show for the regular participants, or is simply playing to an audience of one -- himself.

Quote:

I told you the Twins pitchers weren't going to last (note: Santana is tanking it too).

The Tigers pitchers are getting stronger and more confident day-in and day-out. The reverse is happening to the Twins (as admitted by Twins pitching coach Rick Anderson on the radio postgame show)...gosh, its getting fun, huh Windy?

Yes Silva sure was intimidated by those kitties yesterday huh?? about as much as Manu Ginobili was of going past Ben Wallace to the hoop all night long! Boy was that a fun game 7 to watch!! I think the problem with the sputtering Pistons was Ben didn't have his hair down... corn rows just didn't help I guess. oh well, just like all the other teams who didn't win the championship... theres always next year right? grin.gif

Man on third, no outs, down one run.

I don't think they got it out of the infield did they?

Just when you Twin fans start to root FOR the Tigers, and they can't come through for you against the Sox. Figures!

Backherup,

Sorry to pile on here with my Cubbie-Loving brother, Geno but what is up with the Kitties? This is a team with no "stones". Last night with Pudge at third and nobody out was bad but tonight was horrible. Three times, at least, they had bases loaded and nobody out and could not score. My Pale Hose tried to give the game away and the Kitties would not take it. Ozzie got a stubborn streak and decided not to use his ace closer, Dustin, and won the game with Shingo. And what's up with The Big Hurt. 12 hits this year and 8 of them left the premises. Coupled with my "afternoon delight" today watching the Royals give the Twinks a "beat down" has left me a happy but tired camper tonight. See if my Sox will bring their brooms tomorrow afternoon. They have been playing some of the worst baseball offensively in the past 4 games but are looking for the sweep. Pitching and defense is ruling the roost (especially Uribe in the 9th, what a play!) Remember, Backherup, It's not personal, it's just business.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES!

And the problem with that is ?????

Now Windy, how nice of you to be kind of humble in your post. That was a great play in the ninth - very close call in my opinion. Those breaks make champ teams, and the Sox have it all rolling their way along with clutch-pitching and clutch-hitting and clutch-fielding which certainly goes a long way further than luck. Pretty nice for the PaleHose fans for a change. Great first half-season, and it looks like they really can do it this year - especially if the chemistry stays strong.

Geno,

I tell you what. If the ump had called the guy safe on that play in the 9th, I don't think I would have argued the call. I think the two things that lead him to call him out was, first, a great play by Uribe and a dead on accurate throw. Umps do like to reward good plays whether they will admit it or not. Second, the guy running to first dove head first. I used to umpire and I never liked it when a guy dove head first into first base, unless he was avoiding a tag when the firstbaseman was drawn off the bag with a bad toss. I think that it is showing "false hustle" when you dive into first because scientist have proven that you actully get to the base faster running straight thru the base. Not even leaping at the end of your run. Just straight thru the base. Those are the two reasons that I think the ump did not want to end the game on a play like that. Having said that, the Sox looked terrible offensively in the first two games vs. the Kitties and could have easily lost both, but they didn't and that indeed is what seperates great teams from mediocre ones. Today was another thing, what a gem by Garcia and the bats came alive. 10.5 games looks mighty fine right now but Oakland in Oakland worries me especially with the Twinks drawing the D-Rays. Hope to head back to the Windy City with one or two victories and hoping the D-Rays can get lucky at least once. Talk to you later, T-Minus 23 days to Cass Lake 2005.

Windy

Gotta hand can't back 'erk up a compliment: Kramerica Park is a beautiful setting in which to play baseball. Hope the Twins build one just like it, with a retractable roof.