• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The 2005 Detroit Tigers will.............

buzzsaw

Yeah im not quite sure where windy is going with any of his quotes. Yeah the twins got blanked last night, but the sux scored 2 runs on a pitching staff that the twins just scored about 22 runs on in 3 games. You TRY too say something negative about the twins dude but your very sux just did the same thing.

Point blank dude your a fan of a club that has been one of the biggest laughing stocks of baseball for a very very very long time.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Another loss by the Tigers to an average Texas squad! I guess reaching that elusive .500 mark is next to impossible for those kitties eh?!
tongue.gif

Tigers take Series from Rangers...

MNTO10205140133-big.jpg

Texas Rangers' Mark Teixeira (23) and David Dellucci, right, congratulate Michael Young, center, after Young hit a two-run home run against the Minnesota Twins in the second inning Friday, May 13, 2005, in Minneapolis.

That "average Texas squad" spotted your Twins a 6-2 lead and the Twins still lost 9-6!!grin.gif At home!! (At least the Tigers spanked the Rangers in Arlington).

The Twins keep making errors in the field, which in years past was very uncharacteristic. But then again, they're not the Twins of the recent past. Neither are the White Sox and the Tigers! How does the humble pie taste fellas? I mean the White Sox are just running away with it...right now, anyway. They are showing no signs of letting up...unlike the Twins. Did you see Jacque Jones error in the outfield? It made SportsCenter "lowlights". How about that Cuddyer at third base? Keeps on choking. I like it. Joe Nathan got spanked last night too! grin.gif

Yeah...it's called "a changing of the guards". The Tigers are 3-1/2 back of the Twins, which is nothing considering they are without Magglio Ordonez, Troy Percival, Fernando Vina and now Bobby Higginson. When the 2 players (Ordonez and Percival) with the most impact return, the Tigers will have caught and passed the Twins in the A.L. Central standings and will be chasing down the ChiSox...(I'm guessing) probably around the All-Star break or soon after. The pitching staff keeps getting better with each game and they continue to gain confidence amidst the injuries. Today's doubleheader against the Angels is an important one-and-a-half game swing. GO TIGERS!!!

1.jpg

Carlos Pena's home run swing

Hey Backherup,

Glad to see you back in the saddle. I can see from your last two posts that since you were rained out, you had plenty of time to check out the Sox game vs. the POWERFUL O's and the Twinks vs. the LOWLY RANGERS that you just schooled. I am still cracking up about that play by Jones in right and Nathan's melt down. I guess they will all be sipping from the "magic juice" of Mr. Roid-Con to "muscle up" for the rest of the season. Funny how he gets a 10 day suspension while I am sure the effects of the roids will last a lot longer. What are you gonna do with a cheater? You will have to read my "Tale of Two Cities" thread. Good luck in today's double header and as usual....

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES! Windy

Quote:

Today's doubleheader against the Angels is an important one-and-a-half game swing. GO TIGERS!!!

Way to jinx your squad Mr. Lips !!! Pudge looked good behind the plate I see...

Quote:

Kennedy scored on Ivan Rodriguez's passed ball with two outs.

Los Angeles 4, Detroit 2 (1st game)

Then they go out a barely win the second game!! oh and they would have gotten all the way back to .500 with a win in that first game but nooooo

DET (17-18)

Tue May 10 2005 09:59 PM - buzzbreath writes:

Quote:

Another loss by the
(insert "Twins" here)
to an average Texas squad!

Rangers rough up Nathan in opener...

...then the genius proceeds to write:

Quote:

Way to jinx your squad
Mr. Lips
!!!

Silva dented by Rangers in fifth inning

Twins starter allows four runs in seven innings

By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com

MINNEAPOLIS -- The Twins dropped their third game in a row smirk.gif, as they were shut out by Kenny Rogers and the Rangers in a 5-0 blanking Saturday night at the Metrodome...

I'll just sit back and watch you (buzzbreath) insert your foot into your mouth the rest of this season...it's gonna be real fun watching this...I haven't yet found a liking for shoe leather or toe jam...must be an acquired taste, or a "Minnesota thing"... grin.gifgrin.gif

In Texas, brooms are going like hotcakes for a sweep by an "average Texas squad!" grin.gifgrin.gif

Oh, by the way...everyone gains on the Twins...KC, Cleveland and the Tigers (3 behind the Twins and 9.5 behind the ChiSox) all win...(sorry, frown.gif about the loss Windy)

6.jpg

The A.L.'s leading hitter...

Get ahold of yourself Canttakeanythingwithoutcryingloudly,

I was giving you a hard time because you said you had an important 1 1/2 game swing and so I said "you just jinxed your squad" How did you read this??? I don't understand your logic or thinking behind your post? I'm sure it probably had something to do with your lead paint intake as a child. I'll bet you guys give up 9 runs today and get blown out!! grin.gif

Isn't it amazing that cantbackitup is sooooo busy but always manages to free up when things are going well for his team and/or things are going poorly for our teams?

cantbackitup,

You like to think we are little off with our thoughts but whatever your opinion we are here nearly everyday win or lose, good or bad unlike you which in my opinion is where your credibility lacks (delusional thoughts aside).

Look Mr. Lips (Cantbackshizzleup) spoke and his team lost again!! AND the Royals gained a game on them today!! I looked at one point and it was 9-0 Angels... thats how you start a game!!

2 errors and 11 hits given up = LOSS frown.gifconfused.giffrown.gif

"Sloppy baseball stinks and today stunk," Tigers manager Alan Trammell said. "We played a very poor game. We made a lot of mistakes. Why it happened, I couldn't tell you."

Quote:

Los Angeles hadn't scored more than five runs since beating Oakland 9-5 on April 23, a span of 18 games.

It sounds like they found the cure today!! Tigers pitching... or BP whatever you call it.

Quote:

The Angels broke open the game in the third, helped by poor Tigers defense.

After Adam Kennedy's leadoff single, Robertson made a bad throw -- allowing Chone Figgins to reach first. Darin Erstad grounded into a force at second, and Vladimir Guerrero followed with an RBI single.

Garrett Anderson grounded to first, but Carlos Pena's throw to the plate was too late to get Erstad.

Keep it up Tigers and the Indians and Royals will catch you, and pass you!

Ok I take it all back! The Tigers are nice guys, they let Scott Kazmir of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays win his first game of the year tonight 6-2!! and the kitties still cannot climb above that .500 mark!! Go figure???

Oh Mighty Swamie, Viking Tom

As long as you can predict that the Twinks will win the two games that they HAVE NOT YET PLAYED, maybe you can give me the winning lottery numbers in tomorrows Mega Ball! Twink fans must be getting desperate when they can not even admit to being 5 games behind my beloved Pale Hose, not 4. Sorry, you don't get an advance on your win allowance.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES!

As of earlier today the lowly motor city kittoes dropped to 20-25... for the world traveler math wizard named backitup... that would be five games UNDER the .500 mark of mediocrity.... which by all accounts makes your squad just plain bad... debate it if you dare.... or just wait a while longer and pray that your team can turn it around.... oh and tell us that you've been too busy to visit this thread because you've been chain smoking in truck stops. grin.gif

Quote:

He must be in the football forum talking about the lion's. Wish I knew who he drove for. I'd watch the truckstops 4 him.
grin.gif

Title FishingMN Family

Total Posts 392

Homepage http://mywebpage.netscape.com/kotzandy/index.html

Occupation Truck driver for Conway (CCX)...

Hobbies Music, fishing...and raising my son.

Location Monticello, MN USA

Bio Formerly, a Los Angeles-based guitarist/world-touring musician (17 years), I now drive "big-rigs" and make Minnesota home. I'm still passionate about my hometown Detroit sports though. Go Pistons, Red Wings, Lions and Tigers!

ICQ Number

Registered on 05/29/04 12:00 PM

crappieflop1212 is a genius!!

That's right...I've been too busy. Building and finally, finishing my shed in the backyard. It turned out real nice. Freed up the (3-car) garage so I can actually park my car in there too. As of recent, only had room for the wife's car and the boat in the winter...now I should be able to park all three in there.

I've been spending time with my son (1-1/2)...he's growing so fast it is truly amazing...I miss so much working these long hours and then trying to get the shed done. Finally have some time to rest now...

As far as the Tigers go...I see they were swept by the Yankees frown.gif and then proceeded to sweep the Orioles (who are leading their division...go figure?confused.gif) grin.gif

Again, I have very little time and am going to make little effort to visit this forum anymore since you guys have bored me to death with your wisdom (or lack thereof) and predictable rhetoric. Your insults have now become repetitive and frankly I've become annoyed with your 6th-grade educations. There is another baseball HSOforum/forum that has been intriguing me, since it is filled with Tigers fans to go along with all the other MLB teams...far more engaging. Have nice lives...CIAO.

A goodbye memorial for Backerup:

I was one of those guys that always let the dorkier, less popular kids play with us when we were youngsters. I tried defending them and including them so they didn't feel left out. I never liked to see anyone get bullied around. BUT, when someone deserves it by flapping their gums too much, there's nothing I can do. And you got bullied right outta here because you just kept flapping. You just didn't know when to stop.

Anyway, hope you have a nice life too. It was nice having you around for fodder on the board. Since you got so much room now, why don't you hang your Tiger paraphernalia in that garage and start brain-washing your little guy now. It'll take many years to convince him you are always right and your opinion is the only one that matters IF you even can ever do that.

While your optimism is admirable, it is realism that shows sanity. I think I know a little about that, I'm a Cub fan.

We're gonna miss you, but luckily we still have Windy.

hmmmm...

I guess I'm a genius and all of you guys have 6th grade educations. Personally, I would say I have a 5th grade education, but I know how to take a compliment. So I must thank Backhimup, offer him a kleenex and wish him well. cool.gif