• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Current Ice Report

Rick

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere here that there was a car driving out last week, anyone have any other reports of this? Ive been seeing them parking out on the ice near shore in the channel between South Lindstrom and Chisago lakes. Btw Merry Christmas Hope to see ya out on the ice!

Shawn

I drove around the chisago, lindstrom, and center city lakes. SOUTH CENTER lake had the most portables out on the ice. i'm not sure how thick the ice is for SOUTH CENTER, but the way it looks die-hard ice fishermen are very active up there. Does anyone know the current ice conditions for south center? i'd like to head out tonight and join in on the fun.

Mr. Fish

Shawnny B, I saw a full size pickup on Clear lake today. Don't know how much ice there is there, but you have to drive across the entire lake from the access to get to the spot he was at!

Yeah, I just drove down to the access by my house out here by Chisago channel, Lots of cars parked along the edge, not so close to the edge though, Id be willing to bet that if they did go threw that they would have water up to their doors or even above. One of the guys said he had about 11 inches where he was fishing, Dont know if id trust a full sized truck on that ..or Even my blazer

Shawnny B

confused.gif

Several snowmobiles and 4-wheelers and lots of portables on Crooked Lake (Coon Rapids) today. No bites. Beautiful sunshine. Who needs a portable on days like today?

Ice was close to a foot. Never did get an official reading.

Hi there Lost,

I was also out on Crooked Sunday evening......I was by trhe pier with a big group of fmaily and friends from New York.

10 inches of ice, but we had no luck in 20 ft of water. A couple sunnies and one northern between 8 people. It was a nice day, though. Got cold when the sun went down!

Best of luck.

Went out to Twin Lakes near Lonsdale yesterday. No bites at all. Most folks were not catching anything. There was about a foot of ice. Some guy in a full size ford out on the ice! I am not that brave, my full size extended cab long bed Chev tips the scales at 5,868 pounds. Need more ice for me to be that brave! N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Made it on Tonka last night on a wheeler. Wheelers are all over and some perm houses are out. Didn't "EXACTLY" measuer the ice, but looked to be about 8-10"

Oh and a lot of sniffers with only a fingerling walter to show for our efforts. Well a missed flag and broken line on a tip up for my buddy. It was nice to be out again.

Jughead,

Too bad I had to leave before the sun started setting. Were you in that big group that had the sled dump items off while coming down the hill by the fishing pier?

I started at 10 feet and worked my way down to 18 feet off to the right (away from Hwy 10) of the pier.

Left several holes open for ya. tongue.gif

Hi Lost,

That was indeed my brother in law. I was at the bottom of the hill. And my sister in law. And father in law. And many other brothers in law....

Thanks for the holes...they didn't work! But they did allow us to check depths.... no one caught anything that day.

My friend lives right off the lake. He and his daughter will be there Thursday night after work (same spot by the pier) and I may join him. Otherwise, we are watching the Vikes potentially blow their playoff opportunity from that spot Sunday.

You can't miss my tent- It's a purple otter with multi colored patches (from laying my auger on top of it during transportation last year!)

Maybe we will see you. Anyone will be welcome to stop in and have a beverage and check out the scores....

best of luck to everyone and happy new year.

Jug

Fished West Rush on Sunday night, a few crappies but not alot of luck. The lake had 13 inches and numerous full-size trucks and vans and cars. i drove my s-10 blazer and a trailer out there, planning on bringing a 16 foot trailer style house out there with a full size truck this coming weekend.

hitthebricks I just started fishing Big Marine last year. Nice lake to fish cause of its size and does not get much pressure in the winter. I fish the south end for northerns and have excellent success. This year I know the south end a little better and will try and track down the crappies and walleyes. I will be out this weekend for sure. How about yourself any interesting to share. If so and you don't want to post on the forum I will give you my e-mail address.

FM