• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Current Ice Report

Rick

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the ice report from Reel Fishing and Tackle in Madison Lake, MN. On Madison Lake in East Bay and around Grassy Island there is about 3 inches of ice. The West end of Lake Francis, Lake Ballantyne and Eagle Lake also have about 3 inches of ice. On Duck Lake there is 3-4 inches, same with Mud Bay on Lake Washington. These reports are near shore. The middle of some of these lakes are still open so be cautious venturing out.

All of our lakes have finally frozen over. Gull was the last, it took a while with all of the wind lately. Give it a few days and she should be fishable. Or smaller lakes are in good shape now that cold blast really helped. By Christmas we should be in full swing.

Jason Erlandson

Devils Lake is totally frozen over. The main lake areas only have a couple of inches but the smaller bays have fishable ice. Mission bay, South end of Black Tiger Bay and six mile bay all have 5-7" of ice. The best perch fishing spots are still hard to get to so we have been spending most of our time fishing walleye and pike. Walleye fishing has been hit and miss but the pike fishing has been excellent. Most pike are ranging in size from 3-6 pds and saturday we had one monster hit the 20lb mark. Hopefully it will get cold so we can start hitting the perch.

Gray's and the eastern section of Wayzata were iced, though I couldn't see the bridge area. There were a few potholes in the ice on Wayzata bay visible from teh ice access west of the yacht club, but the ice was no more than 1/2" thick there. At least there's no snow on it. Going to be at least several days and we have warmer weather coming. Go north, young man.

ice

I checked the ice at arcola bridge, spring park landing and cooks bay landing and the ice was less than 1 inch thick. And as stated above the main lower lake is OPEN from spirit island west to brackets and big island. mad.gif

just read report from highbanks and they said there was 5 inches out there for about a mile and a half. ive been trying to get up there myself so if anyone has any definite info we would like to hear from you thanks! be safe everyone

Monday I saw a guy getting minnows to go out on Bald Eagle Lake, But I dont know where he was headed. Today on my way to work I saw 2 guys doing the bucket thing 75 to 100 yards out from the boat launch. Anybody else been out on Bald Eagle or other Lakes close to there?

And scince I'm a new guy --- HELLO EVERYBODY!

Did you catch anything while sitting on your buckets? How thick was the ice in that area?

I need to get out. The ice fishing gear has been in the truck since October. This Friday I might be able to check a couple of the more local to me lakes. Sunday, I'm thinking there will be good ice in most lakes.