• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Current Ice Report

Rick

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jughead - I drove by BE and WB yesterday. Looked like the middle of WB got blown open again with all the wind on Saturday. I did see one portable (very close to shore) in the western most bay (by VFW).

Saw another lone portable on BE. That one was farther out.

I headed up to Anne Lake (Mora) and was suprised to only find 4-5 inches of ice. Fishing was very slow

Bald Eagle had at least 4-5 inches on friday on the southeastern part of the lake I was fishing on friday. I havn't checked it since, or any other parts of the lake, but I did see some people farther out on saturday. There were a few people fishing the 10 foot hole on the south west part of white bear yesterday. I may go out today to scout wb a little more. I'll let you know what I find

the average ice around Montgomery area is 5-8 inches. That's on Greenleaf, Shields, Cody. Greenleaf is slow right now and shields wasn't producing much, my buddys pulled up some nice walleyes out of cody. I haven't been out yet but my school mates go out everyday. The only thing i've been doing is working on the ice house getting it done, got the siding done today, insulating and the paneling done. and everything is wired. It's getting closer.

We were out on Minnetonka this evening. Had 6 inches solid ice and very consistent. I think we were one of the first on the lake - as I drive by every day and have seen anybody out yet - and nobody else but us as far as I could see tonight. Didnt think we would even get out - initially just walked out to check the ice thickness - and was pleasantly suprised with 6 inches - went back to the truck and hauled out the portable and fished until evening - it was great to get out!

Duffer,

I am planning on heading out on Thursday as well. I have seen a few houses out by the grass island on Bald Eagle, and heard that the eyes are biting. School is a good lake but is a PIA because there is no place to park, at least not until the ice is thick enough.

Does anybody know of any lakes that the ice is thick enough to venture out on with an ATV? Specifically, Bald Eagle, Forest, Rush, Coon or any others that are safe for an ATV.

Thanks

As of 12/23, Bald Eagle has ten inches of ice. Fishing was terrible, three crappies in eight hours. We were able to locate them but they just weren't biting at anything we threw at them.

XoneD