• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Current Ice Report

Rick

Well, Like every other day I come home I had to go down to the lake access just up the road, And whatdayaknow, lights a glowing on the lake afterall! cool.gif So I ventured out and found a few holes open and Decided to check and whatdayaknow ..Almost six inches WOOHOOO and the temp read 17 degrees, Just thought Id write that in and let you know people will be fishing in the channel between South Lindstrom and Chisago Lake this weekend. BTW I also Heard that wonderful sound .....Of ice being made ..isnt it beautiful!!!! grin.gif

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Punched a couple of holes in Parkers Lake (in Plymouth) this morning and there were three solid inches. I didn't venture very far out and won't head out until there's a few more inches but there was no flex in the ice and no cracking. Good, clear ice that should be ready by next week if the temps get cold this weekend.

Been out on coon for two weeks now the west end of coon Chanel at the mouth. Thats where I have done my best. Fifteen flags in 4 hours!! Good fishing when you have 8 inches of ice. Thats nice! If you come out I will be in full camo with my radio on the ice. Plus my buddys will be there with me. Come say hi!

eurolarva

Wish I could Say Id be joining you, Gotta do the Christmas thing with some friends up in Princton, But, yall be right next to my house, take a peek at the Big Silver Fishhouse about 4 houses to the left of the access * as your heading to it from the lake* Ill be out fishing on Monday for sure with some other coworkers, My weekend Starts on Sunday WOOHOOO for me. BTW there are alot of holes out in the channel, Hope you get some look and are lucky, let me know what happens.

Shawnny B

I threw my spud bar at the ice on a couple of lakes today... Long Lake in New Brighton, and Moore Lake in Fridley. Both had about 3 inches of ice out about 10 yards. Didn't venture out any further. My girlfriend was cringing because I was on the ice and I hesitate until it's 6 inches.

Quote:

Been out on coon for two weeks now the west end of coon Chanel at the mouth. Thats where I have done my best. Fifteen flags in 4 hours!! Good fishing when you have 8 inches of ice. Thats nice! If you come out I will be in full camo with my radio on the ice. Plus my buddys will be there with me. Come say hi!

I'm not familiar with Coon but I do know where it is. What's this channel you're talking about and how do I get to it from the public launch?

I drove by Battle Creek in Woodbury this morning, There was about 10 people and a portable out and another group was just showing up. Not sure of the ice conditions Im guessing around 6", it did have skim ice that lasted through our warmup last week.

I really want to get out but I work tonight and tommorow. Ill be there monday though, unless Bald Eagle has good ice.

If you really want some safe ice, "Go north young man!" does'nt even have to be to far north and after the last couple of days, if you be careful, you can probably find something right around home that you can fish! I'd be willing to bet that there is fishable ice everywhere now.

I've been out 3 times between the Metro lakes and Kannebec co. you just have to pay attention to what is going on around you.

saw someone on forest lake this morning pulling a rather large permanent out with 2 atv's. checked the ice at the 3rd lake launch and there was 6 to 8 inches, didn't get an accurate measurement. don't think i would recommend using an atv but foot travel shouldn't be a problem. i'm getting ready to head out there right now off of willow point that seems to be the best spot.

On Friday afternoonI talked to some guys fishing on Lake Minnetonka, out from the beach in Wayzata, about 200 yds out. They said there was 2" to 3" out there, but open water another 100 yds out from there. A little risky for me. I did see skaters and portables on some of the other bays near Mound as well. After this weekend's cold it should really fill out with safer ice near the shores and hope to get out myself soon!!

Anybody out on Minnetonka catching anysthing yet?

Guys the walleyes are bbbiting good in Pulaski lake north of bbbbuffalo. Only 1 bbbbig problem, The lake is wide open all the ice bbbblew off to the east side with the high winds today.

The 17 to 21" walleyes were in 21 Feet. BbbuuRRR Honey, it's cold outside!

I check bald eagle yesterday. There was about 6 inches of ice in that bay where the boat launch is. Theres were some people heading out to fish, but they went around the corner and i couldn't see where they went. Its probably thinner towards the middle of the lake, but id think with this weather that whole lake will be getting thick enough pretty soon.

The Mississippi River had solid ice on it this morning. Being -6 will do that! No, I didn't try walking on it, but when the river freezes, it's nothing but good!! Lookin' forward to sticking the perm. out there! No, not the river :-)