• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer roasts

On 6/23/2020 at 6:20 AM, minky said:

Any easy deer roast recipes?

just what i do.............i usually dont cut up my vension for roasts. the better parts i cut up for steaks. the rest i leave in chucks for jerky or trimmings for other things.

but. you could do this, and i do this with the necks. put in a roaster, add the dry lipton onion soup, onions some bay leaves along with water of course and ley bake till it falls apart. you would be surprised how much more meat you get from the neck doing this.

when its fall apart done break it apart, make gravy with the juice, put meat back it, heat and serve over spuds...........nummy!!!!!!!!!

57 minutes ago, smurfy said:

NOOOOOOOOOO.................. not boiled meat..........specially vension. ??

You channeling that guy that doesn't come around anymore?   Don't show your ignorance.  

16 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

You channeling that guy that doesn't come around anymore?   Don't show your ignorance.  

? not ignorance...........its my personal preference Del.......... i will choose a fry pan or grill 100% of the time. biggest question would be gas or charcoal!!!!!!!!!?

2 hours ago, smurfy said:

? not ignorance...........its my personal preference Del.......... i will choose a fry pan or grill 100% of the time. biggest question would be gas or charcoal!!!!!!!!!?

So, you have never even tried it but reject sous vide?   It works really well for some applications.  Like, do you want a tender venison roast or steak that is still medium rare?    Yeah you can braise it and cook the carp out of it to make it tender, but have you ever had a tender piece of venison that is still pink?    

Sous Vide can do that.   

Guys, I have a confusion to make. I cut the remaining roast up into bite sized pieces and did a deer stew. It was amazing! I work an early morning job. So I came home, put everything in the crock pot, 5 hours later, good eating! I know it's not hot stew/soup season, but it hit the spot!

1 hour ago, minky said:

Guys, I have a confusion to make. I cut the remaining roast up into bite sized pieces and did a deer stew. It was amazing! I work an early morning job. So I came home, put everything in the crock pot, 5 hours later, good eating! I know it's not hot stew/soup season, but it hit the spot!

I like it!!!!  good for you!!!  ?

2 hours ago, delcecchi said:

So, you have never even tried it but reject sous vide?   It works really well for some applications.  Like, do you want a tender venison roast or steak that is still medium rare?    Yeah you can braise it and cook the carp out of it to make it tender, but have you ever had a tender piece of venison that is still pink?    

Sous Vide can do that.   

Apparently your reading comprehension is lacking. Didn't I make it clear I don't do venison roasts. And no I have no interest in it. Don't need another contraption in the house either.

2 hours ago, minky said:

Sounds good ?!!

On 6/24/2020 at 6:58 PM, smurfy said:

Apparently your reading comprehension is lacking. Didn't I make it clear I don't do venison roasts. And no I have no interest in it. Don't need another contraption in the house either.

Then why were you spouting off "boiling" and stuff?   If you don't do roasts and aren't interested then maybe it is the perfect occasion to ignore the suggestion, since it doesn't apply to you.    

On 6/24/2020 at 10:16 PM, Big Dave2 said:

Yes. Just like I reject french kissing other men even though I have never tried it. ?

Now that is about the dumbest, weirdest analogy I have ever heard.   

On 6/27/2020 at 8:44 AM, delcecchi said:

Now that is about the dumbest, weirdest analogy I have ever heard.   

So you are saying it is impossible to reject something you have never tried?

8 minutes ago, bobbymalone said:

I'll work on the bowfin.  Maybe we can get Del to do the lukewarm soak for us.

Good thing you didn't say anything about boiling, that seems to trigger Del.

22 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

I'll work on the bowfin.  Maybe we can get Del to do the lukewarm soak for us.

When I was a kid, long ago, we used to go fishing and visit an old farmer buddy of my dad. Guy lived on fish lake, West of North branch.   Guy used to catch dogfish aka Bowlin and pressure cook them for his wife's cat.  Said it looked just like canned salmon.   Pressure cooking took care of the bones.