• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Random Daily Pics

12 minutes ago, chaffmj said:

It really doesn't bother me too much, but I will think about it sometimes when I am out on the trails by our house. I have come across some fresh wolf kills out in the woods where the blood hasn't sunk into the snow yet and I get this feeling that something is watching me. Here are a couple of pics that I took from the living room in late March a few years back at about 8:00 am. I had heard a noise at about 4:00am, looked out the bedroom window and thought that I saw a fox running across the yard.  I went back to sleep and woke up to this when I opened the curtains.

DSC00710_(2).thumb.jpg.2d5cd4ec14725f8c20074021644e8a08.jpg

DSC00711_(2).thumb.jpg.cc73fdb7abc57d6e3fa9e6f16e630e05.jpg

DSC00709_(2).thumb.jpg.2331f07902ede1c405ef8fd928536c1d.jpg

Wow, do you carry a little backup when your out hiking by yourself? 😬

14 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Be interesting in his response to Leech. Been going up to the northland for  near 57 years. I keep thinking about getting some sort of pistol for those kind of reasons, but can honestly say I have yet to come across a situation where I feel I've been threatened to need some sort of backup 

16 hours ago, leech~~ said:

I don't.  I have given it some thought. Once I was really freaked out when I was looking at a fresh kill and heard a noise that came from behind me. Luckily that turned out to be a turkey vulture.  

I'll have to say for the most part when I'm in the woods I'm carrying a gun so not to worried. 

But if I live up by Ely and out in the woods taking pictures of Ladyslippers! ⚘

I dont think throwing a camera at a Bear or Wolves is much of a deterrent! 😆

I wonder if Foss ever carrys? He gets out there. 

Edited by leech~~

47 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Yer the baddest m f r out there man, own it! 😅

Hey now, that's my line when folks ask about solo camping and the scary stuff.

Same attitude you best be having walking the cities after dark. ;)

And yea, no worries on wolves except for the hound.

1 hour ago, Mike89 said:

didn't I see that on the news too???  

Okay it wasn't me! 😉

A drawing of a fox appears on the frozen Pitkajarvi Lake north of Helsinki, Dec. 4, 2021. An architect-designer in southern Finland has returned to a frozen lake with a snow shovel to draw a large animal on the ice for the sixth year in a row to create a short-lived artwork that he hopes will “make people happy and encourage them to go out to hike in a beautiful nature.” The size of the fox is about 90 meters (295.3 feet) from edge to edge.