• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Random Daily Pics

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

So, Bob.  Did you find um? 

It was a medium small doe.  I don't antler hunt, I freezer hunt. Double lunged at about 12 yards.  Just kind of walked away with no urgency.  She laid down in some switchgrass about 45 yards or so and that was that.  

9 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

It was a medium small doe.  I don't antler hunt, I freezer hunt. Double lunged at about 12 yards.  Just kind of walked away with no urgency.  She laid down in some switchgrass about 45 yards or so and that was that.  

Nice. 👍

Same, just looking for some good meat.   Although I could probably knock down this nice boy on my daughter land, if I begged hard enough. 🙂

IMG_68961.jpg

Edited by leech~~

9 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Same, just looking for some good meat.  

The tenderloins and backstraps were fantastic. 

Quartered the rest and dropped her off at center cut in albertville.  Got the call on Friday to come pick it up.  Kinda surprised they got it done so quick.  When I dropped off the Sunday before last there were about a million youth season deer going in.  Maybe skinning and quartering myself got me ahead of the line. 

42 minutes ago, chaffmj said:

Last Saturday this fox came into our yard and was kind enough to spend enough time browsing around for me to go from window to window trying to get a good pic.

DSC06685_(2).thumb.jpg.1c5307aaf999059a5195537d4ea0216e.jpg

chaffmj, living in God's country like that.  Do you ever get a little freaked out at night going to take out the trash or to the garage thinking about meeting a Bear face to face?  Or do you keep the yard well lite?  

It's kind of odd as much as I hunt I don't seem to worried going in and out in the dark but living there 24-7 you never know when their going to be sitting on the deck! 😯

we've had the cabin up north going on 57 years. in the early days before the electricity was put in why it was a rush going outside after dark, especially as a kid. only light was a flashlight. now not so much.

i can only think if 3 occasions that we had confrontations with critters. once my parents had made bacon earlier in the day, pops needed to take a whiz.....the only thing bewteen him and da bear on the little deck was the screen door. not sure who bellered more!!!!!

we had some of my wifes aunts and uncles up. i was down cleaning fish, again, 🤭, my wife and MIL where sitting by the fire pit and a bear wandered through the yard. never seen 2 women move that fast!!!!!🤗 later that night after dark, done eating my wife goes out to throw some table scraps in the woods. i remember here banging the pot and spoon together, no 2 minutes later someone went out and said the bear was where my wife just dumped the scraps........pretty sure she changed underwear!!!!

i was up bear baiting........had the bait in a shed with just a dirt floor. i thought something didnt look right at the bottom of the door. opened the door to find a skunk enjoying the smorgasboard. it did finally leave and the next timeup the old rotten boards got replaced!!!!