• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Random Daily Pics

On 11/28/2023 at 6:51 PM, leech~~ said:

Sounds like Silly Town!  :rolleyes:

I did hear that Mr. Mcfeely went on to become President though!  :D

About 20 years ago, through a strange and mutual connection of sorts, I ended up bar hopping with Mr. McFeely's real life daughter in Los Angeles.  She was pretty cute.  Also had a husband with her.

She said Mr. Rogers was basically an uncle.  And that he was exactly the same on and off TV.

Edited by bobbymalone

14 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Anyone up top seeing any Northern lights they have been talking about the last few nights?

Chaffmj?  

Haven’t looked and haven’t seen any FB group posts on them like normal.  Last winter/spring we tried to catch them but never saw a GOOD show.  But also the phones pick them up better than the actual eye does too so it’s hard to justify loosing sleep over.

Maybe soon on a lake somewhere?

40 minutes ago, bobbymalone said:

I was up until about 230am looking and didn't see schitt.  Got up to red about 1030 last night.

The Aurora tracker thing that NOAA or whatever operates showed it didn't blow up as far south as predicted.  Looked like it blew up deep in Ontario though.

My sister lives in Texas and is a Northern lights freak so she Facebooked us to try and see them, nope.  

She once did the Iceland or Greenland deal, only to have it cloudy for 3 days! 🥺

I used to take them for granted when up deer hunting by Walker when stepping out of the log cabin to take a [PoorWordUsage]s at 3am.  Oh cool! 😴

Just now, leech~~ said:

My sister lives in Texas and is a Northern lights freak so she Facebooked us to try and see them, nope.  

She once did the Iceland or Greenland deal, only to have it cloudy for 3 days! 🥺

I used to take them for granted when up deer hunting by Walker when stepping out of the log cabin to take a [PoorWordUsage]s at 3am.  Oh cool! 😴

I have never seen anything more than a super faint green glow one night on mille lacs..  The aurora gods like to make them happen on weekdays when I'm in the south metro. 

This winter is the year though.  The predicted northern lights is what made me take Friday off and head to red lake with the other 10,000 citiots.

21 minutes ago, bobbymalone said:

This winter is the year though.  The predicted northern lights is what made me take Friday off and head to red lake with the other 10,000 citiots.

*snort*

Have fun!

(probably looks like the Brainerd ice tourney on Red)

1 hour ago, Duffman said:

*snort*

Have fun!

(probably looks like the Brainerd ice tourney on Red)

Tomorrow will be the brained tourney on red for sure.  

Fish don't seem to be super hot anywhere that I can see.  Lots of beer drinkers catching more rays than fish.  It's a gorgeous day.

22 minutes ago, bobbymalone said:

Fish don't seem to be super hot anywhere that I can see

just another reason to get forward facing sonar 

sorry I couldn't resist lol

I need to make a trip to Red someday. I want to meet the famous Cookie and catch one of those illusive yet still catchable red lake crappie

1 hour ago, rundrave said:

I need to make a trip to Red someday. I want to meet the famous Cookie and catch one of those illusive yet still catchable red lake crappie

We are still planning on going next weekend.  I’m more interested in the crappies too and they are coming back a bit.  At least enough that they can be found.  The group I’m going with are walleye peeps though…. Bummer….

3 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

I have never seen anything more than a super faint green glow one night on mille lacs..  The aurora gods like to make them happen on weekdays when I'm in the south metro. 

Yeah, hard to catch this low.  After seeing them in the Arctic Circle I don’t ever expect anything as intense but I keep hoping.

2 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

Tomorrow will be the brained tourney on red for sure.  

Fish don't seem to be super hot anywhere that I can see.  Lots of beer drinkers catching more rays than fish.  It's a gorgeous day.

i'd be more concerned fishing on clear ice with no snow.....fish get real spooky from my experience!!!

23 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Anyone up top seeing any Northern lights they have been talking about the last few nights?

Chaffmj?  

Sorry for the late reply but I haven't seen any for a while and just got back home tonight from a trip. Also living were we do we just can't walk outside the house and see them; we have way too many trees.