• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Here We Go Again. Be Prepared!

leech~~

2 hours ago, smurfy said:

yea definetly ruined my new years weekend plans!!!!!!!!!!!?? was supposed to start Thursday morning!!!!!

Well "Be Prepared" to go just in case.  Frankie was off on the storm last winter and we didn't get near to anything! ?

11 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Well "Be Prepared" to go just in case.  Frankie was off on the storm last winter and we didn't get near to anything! ?

well the weather ladies I listened to were way more good lookin then ole frankie, even blondie I believe them!!!!

Shes pretty darn wet and heavy down here at the bottom of the hill-cities. Don't burn her down running in snow that may not keep her cool.  Good Luck have fun if it's good!

Edited by leech~~

12 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

about 6 inches here west of Long Prairie..

that the neighbor ladies place!!!!!!!!!?:wacko:?

had 3 inches of really wet, heavy snow in cold spring. when that stuff freezes its gonna be harder then a brick!!!!!!!!!! and instead of driving north fishing i'm at work!!!!!!??

just did the drive way and yes it's wet stuff!!!  it's a royal pain!!  and it will be worse when it freezes!!!  

and that is at my place ya clown!!!?  I don't know how much snow she got and that is south of here..

Edited by Mike89

The second round has been going strong in LF for a while again.  The NWS SitRep shows we should expect 6-8 through here by tomorrow; 8-12 from Brainerd to Bemidgi, then slacking off again.  6-8 over Red and only 2-3 at LOW.

All the bands are running SW to NE across the state with the worst (8-12) from Alex/Fargo, up through the Arrowhead.  Of the north coast could see 18!

Edited by Wanderer

dang Duff thats gotta be oh so close to us.  dont recognize that shoreline???????? i drove up and back there yesterday...........needed to get my fishing equipment back home just in case.

so how bad is it up there???????? a meeting got canceled in rapids tonight due to the weather.

I'd say the storm has dumped over 7" so far, and it is coming down a little heavier at the moment.

There was already about 5" of fluffy new snow when we arrived yesterday morning, so it's starting to add up. My bum knee agrees.

:)

So I'm calling it for fishing in 2018, it was a good year for me, may 2019 be just as lucky. 

Up on da’range, we have to have at least a foot by now, and it’s still coming down heavy. Definitely not good for ice conditions. Heavy, wet snow on top of the ice we have.... guaranteed slush fest! The winds are beginning to howl now, too, and are really supposed to get rippin over night and tomorrow. South/SE shore lines will be buried in drifts. 

Going to have to dig out the ole roof rake for this one!  It’s a mess up here!

Snowmobile trails will will be good tho!