• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

jgrimmz

Jerky Recipes And Cooking Methods?

4 hours ago, jgrimmz said:

Just curious, why do you add liquid smoke if you're dehydrating in the smoker? 

You may have misread that, I'm leaving that out.

On 11/19/2018 at 12:12 PM, eyeguy 54 said:

changing it up this year. the pork loin jerky is so dang good all the venny that isnt a steak is going to burger and sausage. :)  I hope to try your recipe bob on the pork. I bet it will be nice. I gotta go 24 hours tho for whole meat in brine.

Most of the time I just use the Dale's as a marinade. Brush it on before grilling. 

42 minutes ago, BobT said:

Most of the time I just use the Dale's as a marinade. Brush it on before grilling. 

I was referring to the jerky

3 hours ago, BobT said:

I've never tried pork jerky. Interesting.

you gotta try it. I buy them at sams for 189 per pound.  trim fat off then I partially freeze. Then run about 2/3 of it thru my slicer at a strong 1/4 inch. I cure them then on the dehydrator. when done I like to cut in half then shrink wrap. Inexpensive and great taste. 

So if I would go buy a pork loin, freeze then slice it, would I use the same method I did my venison? I bought the LEM backwoods hickory, then put it on the dehydrator?

I've had this.... enjoyed it.

1770318017_porkjerky.jpg.7d019203510156dccbacfa142c716002.jpg

So soy and some of that Korean gochujang maybe?   I saw that there are a whole bunch of different pork jerkys being sold while looking for that picture....

I've made pork jerky once and it was excellent, thanks for the reminder! That was several years ago and I completely forgot how inexpensive and delicious it is. I used my homemade generic Asian marinade. 

I've also made jerky out of a ham steak. Also delicious, but very labor intensive to ensure it doesn't dry out

high mountain hickory for me on the pork. sprinkle and layer them in a plastic container then I put in big bowl and mix all up then I layer them again and put in fridge at least 24 hours. then dehydrator. fantastic and cheap

Good weekend to make some pork loin jerky. I went with my own marinade. I am making Christmas jerky packs for gifts by request so I am using the old standby. I cut up 2 whole loins from Sams, 9lbs a piece. I trim all the fat off and the dark meat. the dark meat was last nights supper. Tomorrow I am going to add some fresh ginger to the mix on another loin to simulate the Dale sauce.

3lbs of whole meat 

1 c soy sauce

1 tbs Worcestershire

1 tbs garlic minced

1 tbs onion minced

1 tbs fresh ground black pepper

1-2 tbs brown sugar or honey

20181214_072430[2028].jpg

that looks good already!!!!!!!!!!!:grin: was thinkin of doing that too, why did you cut the dark meat off?????? just asking for future reference!!!!

lookin good bud!!!!

there's still time for ya to send some this way!!!  LOL!!!  🤣

your family and friends are lucky for sure!!!

5 hours ago, Grainbelt said:

Smurfy, I cut the dark meat off because it taste so good in the frying pan with butter and garlic salt. 😉

I let them swim for 2 days and now on the smoker. I am using apple and crabapple wood. 

20181215_093813.jpg

Got me convinced.

1 hour ago, Grainbelt said:

These go good with a Christmas beer Ho Ho Ho

20181215_143354.jpg