• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any deer farms in MN where I can buy deer to eat?

Might just haveta hit one at 55 :D.

So sitting in a tree is not an option?  If all your going to do is turn it into sticks, and sausage,  rh1 has some excellent recipes without venny.....if it's a problem rounding up some..

Edited by bobberineyes

Are there any deer farms in MN or close to MN where I can legally buy a deer to eat? 

Yellow Fever. Welcome to the forum.

Since this is a hunting and fishing forum, you can learn all you will need to know right here from others. Have you ever thought about getting a bow and taking your own Deer? I'm not saying it's easy but I think that I could tag a Doe with my bow just about any weekend if I needed the meat. That way you get good fresh wild meat and not some inbred Deer from a Deer farm!  :sick:

Edited by leech~~

Leech-  you know what's fun?  Purposely hunting does.  I've done it in So Dak with some youth and although we've been successful for some reason they become harder to kill when you're actually after them and it makes it pretty rewarding instead of the way it happens when you shoot one when you have a buck tag.

Anyway, if you want a deer just ask around and wait to see if someone comes through for you.  Over the years at work we made sure someone shot a deer for a homeless guy that lived in the area (he had kind of a shack of sorts) who looked out for our place.  One year he complained that I didn't skin the deer and the next year I skinned it and took the loins only out for myself, he complained that time too.  Kind of funny.

Leech-  you know what's fun?  Purposely hunting does.  I've done it in So Dak with some youth and although we've been successful for some reason they become harder to kill when you're actually after them and it makes it pretty rewarding instead of the way it happens when you shoot one when you have a buck tag.

Anyway, if you want a deer just ask around and wait to see if someone comes through for you.  Over the years at work we made sure someone shot a deer for a homeless guy that lived in the area (he had kind of a shack of sorts) who looked out for our place.  One year he complained that I didn't skin the deer and the next year I skinned it and took the loins only out for myself, he complained that time too.  Kind of funny.

Ha, ya their is a difference between the "Needy" and the " Wanty" ;)