• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Viking Season 2015

reinhard1

Its easy to second guess but I  think Zim have should have went for the field goal in that situation your  in Blair's range. I was sitting there thinking he was going to get sacked before the play happened. With that said I was expecting them to get blown out last night just going to have to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Wow. Without the 3 giveaways we would have won in their house rather easily, add to that a gravy pick 6 that Rhodes dropped.. Makes me think Arizona is not quite as good as their record may indicate just like the Vikes. That is with 3 of our best defensive players sitting out the game. It would be a shame if we don't win 2 of the last 3 especially if we get some guys back on the field. Keep things rolling and who knows maybe they can win a playoff game.

this was a game on paper that we should have been blown out in and we had a chance right up to the last few seconds. 

I thought it was a good game by the VIkings.  Teddy had better stats than Palmer in total yards and the banged up defense played well considering 3 of the starters were out.   Everyone thought this was going to be a blowout, and not even close including the announcers of the game. 

Like I said.........

I suppose that was another one of those Minnesota moral victories?

Nobody said it was except you Dave LOL.  There are no moral victories in football, only wins and losses.  The Patriots lost two games in a row without their two top recievers.  Arizona almost lost to a team that lost 3 of their best defensman.  Vikings are improving, that's all I know and even if they would have won, there would be some finding fault so they can troll this thread.  Who is the 3rd string QB of the Browns?  That must of been a moral victory in claiming he would be a great QB someday for those that thought so LOL.  good luck.

I just had to quote you because I could only like your post one time....

Great game by the Viking team.  Bridgewater threw for 4 td's and ran in for one.  Great game for him also.  Well we are 9-5 .  Heard that the cheeseheads clinched a playoff berth with the Giants loosing a close one to the Panthers so we should be in some senario to clinch as well, hopefully the division champs.  good luck.

Edited by reinhard1

Who is the 3rd string QB of the Browns?  That must of been a moral victory in claiming he would be a great QB someday for those that thought so LOL.  good luck.

Speaking of LOL............who is the starting QB of the Browns? Who just had a better crappy performance against Seattle than the crappy performance Theodore had against them? JF is outplaying Theodore despite being an alcoholic on a terrible team who hasn't had the opportunity to play much. Maybe Bridgewater should go out and party with Bieber.:D

Edited by Big Dave2

But Dave, did your superstar win?  You are going to judge him over a couple of games?  Did he have two full years as a starter? Or just at the bars LOL.  Hey, if he get's straighten'd out he could meet his potential. But it's a little early to judge your superstar or Teddy right now.  good luck.

But Dave, did your superstar win?  You are going to judge him over a couple of games?  Did he have two full years as a starter? Or just at the bars LOL.  Hey, if he get's straighten'd out he could meet his potential. But it's a little early to judge your superstar or Teddy right now.  good luck.

Did your superstar beat Seattle?

You also want to judge your QB over a couple of games. The couple of good games he has had and you find reasons to discount the bad games.

When will it be time to judge Teddy? For Ponder it was his 3rd year, right?

Edited by Big Dave2

Dave I have been critical of Teddy just like a number of us on here who are actually Viking fans.  We have been critical of aspects of the team [offensive line for example].  Not judging Teddy at all yet.  After the next season it should be time for couch potato experts like me to judge Teddy.  Guess we will have to wait longer on your superstar though since he is a off and on starter or fill-in.   Teddy, according to all I have heard had a great game.  If your man has a great game I would compliment him as well, but we are still waiting.  Ponder was terrible and the VIkings kept him around too long.  I am looking toward the future with this team and coaching staff and it looks a lot better than it has in the past.  I think we focus too much on the QB at times anyway when a team wins or looses.  It is a team sport and there is plenty of credit or blame to pass around as a fan.  good luck.

Dave I have been critical of Teddy just like a number of us on here who are actually Viking fans.  

Not judging Teddy at all yet.  

Huh?

Teddy, according to all I have heard had a great game.  

If it's compliments you are looking for, I already gave Teddy that.

If your man has a great game I would compliment him as well, but we are still waiting.  

Game
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

Edited by Big Dave2

Were those the only games the superstar played in.  Seahawks beat the Browns 30-13.  Superstar with one TD and the rest was 2 field goals.  Steelers spanked the Browns 30-9  One TD for the superstar and a safety maybe?  But the superstar did beat the 49'rs [which we couln't do on our first game], Got to give the superstar credit for that.  BTW that Manziel Debate thread sure dried up fast.  Other than that I do give you credit for taking pieces of my statements and applying them to your points you want to make. :Dgood luck.

RH- fair reasoning gets you holding your jock strap sometimes :)   I try it sometimes, doing my best to look at an issue from as fair a perspective as possible and then the King of the HS Debate team comes in and kicks your behind using whatever info suits the issue.  It's way easier to do it when you aren't having a real time discussion or face to face I'm sure you see.

It's easier to agree and go cook something sometimes.  

I actually was a debating champion in High School and I have debated folks in my local caucus and even given some speeches to large crowds.  Here in the sports world it's actually fun with the back and forth because none of us are experts, certainly not me.  Dave is actually pretty reasonable, and a good guy.  I've had back and forth in silly town with him, but this is more fun.  good luck.

Win or lose, STAND TALL & TRUE!

I'm a Vikings fan, have been from their1st year and every year since.   I'm behind them through the wins and losses.    A fan that gives up on their team and picks up another is tainted for life.  You'll never be a true fan and will always be know as a rat that jumps ship at the 1st sign of trouble.  Week in the knees and pees down their leg when things get tough.  A true fan takes a beating then gets up and fights again.   Know that when we win the jive talkers are hurt 10X by the words from thy slippy tongues.

Win or lose, STAND TALL & TRUE!

I'm a Vikings fan, have been from their1st year and every year since.   I'm behind them through the wins and losses.    A fan that gives up on their team and picks up another is tainted for life.  You'll never be a true fan and will always be know as a rat that jumps ship at the 1st sign of trouble.  Week in the knees and pees down their leg when things get tough.  A true fan takes a beating then gets up and fights again.   Know that when we win the jive talkers are hurt 10X by the words from thy slippy tongues.

Who are you talking about?

The intriguing thing about the Giants game being flexed to Sunday Night Football: it is entirely possible the game ends up being completely meaningless for both teams. If Seattle wins and Green Bay loses, the game means nothing for the Vikings (as a win @ Green Bay would put them the 3 seed and a loss the 6 seed no matter what happens vs the Giants), and if the Redskins win the Giants are eliminated from playoff contention. Depending on early game outcomes, the Vikings might sit some nicked up players.

Looks like Beckham may not play on Sunday as well because of his suspension.  That would be a big loss for the Giants.  Ya the odds are good for us getting into the playoffs just with different scenarios happening Sunday.  The Vikings have been winning without their top 3 defensemen so if they are not 100% they will maybe sit out again.  good luck.

its official beckham is out for the game. I bet the line in vegas just went up for the vikes.

it looks like we most likely will be in the playoffs, but let us do it for ourselves and win this game to go in blasing, instead of like years past were we seem to back in.