• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LOCALS UP IN ARMS; HIT-AND-RUN LEAVES MOTORIST BATTERED

This just in....

A local man (a coworker of mine) was out minding his own business yesterday afternoon and enjoying the beautiful weather on his ATV when suddenly out of nowhere a deer slammed into him at a dead run from the left side rolling him and his ATV. He suffered a nasty abrasion on the top of his head and the upper left side of his face and forehead are a mass of burned flesh, torn muscles on his rib cage, and a fractured clavicle not to mention the damage to his machine.

Be advised, this is an extremely hot situation. The perpetrator left the scene of the accident as fast as it could and didn’t even stop to render aide. Local authorities are baffled saying the suspect is not known to be part of such an aggressive group of individuals but obviously this may change our understanding. Authorities issued a statement urging restraint for the local residents who are anything but sympathetic, calling for an area-wide deer hunt in search for the offender. The leader of the posse was reported to have stated, “Hit and run is what they do! They all look alike so we have no choice but to round them up and turn ‘em into table fare!”

Now back to your regularly schedule events of the day....

Probably just some young buck out causing trouble. You really have to ask yourself where are the parents in all of this. With all of the absentee fathers can you really expect anything different. I'd really like to take a good shot at the father and really nail him to the wall. Make an example out of him.

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago.

I'm driving down Larpenteur avenue in St. Paul, minding my own business, when a deer T bones me in the driver's side rear door of my Honda. Pretty sure he was speeding too, since he just hopped a 6 foot fence about 30 yards before he hit me. I stopped but he left the scene. Or at least he tried. He made it 50 yards.

The incident is true, although I did not find out for sure which day it actually happened. Apparently he was knocked unconscious for a while. He said when he was riding it was daylight then he got hit and the next thing he knows it's dark. It happened on a township road so not much traffic. I think he lives up near Perham or thereabouts. He's pretty sore today.

Not as much as this, a couple blocks from me...

Authorities ID Rochester Motorcyclist Killed In Deer Crash

May 25, 2015 3:11 PM

ROCHESTER, Minn. (AP) — Authorities have identified a motorcyclist who died in a collision with a deer on the northern edge of Rochester.

The State Patrol says 40-year-old Timothy Myhre southbound on Highway 52 when the Harley-Davidson motorcycle was unable to avoid a deer that was crossing the roadway about 7:15 p.m. Friday.

The Rochester man died at St. Marys Hospital.

PS it was southern edge.  Can't trust the media for a second.  

US 52, near US 63 intersection.

Edited by delcecchi