• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

276 parasite wolves killed because there are too few of them

Channel 5 just had a story about the wolf season being closed and a final kill of 276. Then they cut to the idiots protesting the wolf hunt outside DNR headquarters and the leader of the group says,

Quote:
The reason they killed the wolves so fast is because there are so few of them left.

crazy

Something about my simple math skills tells me that more wolves makes it easier to kill them quickly while fewer wolfs makes that much much harder.

On the bright side by this ding-bats logic if we keep killing off the deer close to the point of extinction it should be much easier to harvest that buck of a lifetime.

Bucky you gotta get off that road your on, if you keep it up it's going to drive you crazy, if it's not the wolves than it's the dang government and the DNR that kept you in the cabin this fall rather than the tree stand where you could have seen and killed a deer.. If you just get out in the woods instead of sitting in front of the TV you'll find there are alot more deer and fewer wolves in your neck of the woods than the internet tells you.. Hoping for more doe permits in the longville area next fall. ( We seen alot of Does this year)

Saw it Buck, the people holding the protest signs haven't seen a pine tree in 40 years. Maybe if this protest was in Bemidji or so one could tune in slightly better lol. Just seeing the few protesting tells me we're doing the right thing with the hunt/trapping. I've seen larger protests of people wanting to stop gardening cuz the hoes are wrecking the soil.

Literally saw more wolf tracks than deer tracks again this year at the shack. Had pics of them all over the cameras before and throughout season. One pack had around 9-10 from the sounds of it. They were 80-100 yds from dad one night but he couldn't get a shot.

I couldn't imagine having family relative that could be a protester. I would not sit at the same table during Christmas time. I just don't have time for idiots like that.

I've been fortunate to have seen over 10 wolves go by my stand one day (shot a nice buck out there that year as well). It was a very cool thing to see. I was also fortunate to have seen 3 while grouse hunting one time.

I'm all for making sure these animals are kept in check and if by hunting them helps balance the population then its a good thing.

But to call them a parasite and wanting to kill them all is foolishness.

I'm all for making sure these animals are kept in check and if by hunting them helps balance the population then its a good thing.

But to call them a parasite and wanting to kill them all is foolishness.

I agree, most parasites feed off their host without killing it. I don't think anybody wants to kill them all, but anybody who believes the DNR when they tell us there's only 2,500 of them in the state is just as foolish.

Is it possible for this to go to the Supreme Court?Or can Congress come back with anything?

I think it will have to. I'm not sure everyone is going to stand around and take the ruling from one little pizz ant judge! wink

Deer hunting in zone 1 is a thing of the past now.... thats a shame. Feel bad for everyone in those areas.

Our group has hunted in the heart of the wolf zone for 52 years. It's no worse now than it was back then. When a pack is working your area it can make hunting tough but they move out and the deer settle back into their routines. I'd feel more sorry for people in areas that wolves have more recently moved into. There are more deer in the transition zone and that means a higher carrying capacity of wolves. That's where the wolf numbers are increasing. There was one in Lake Elmo recently. http://kstp.com/article/stories/s3654265.shtml

Is it possible for this to go to the Supreme Court?Or can Congress come back with anything?

This is what I'm really confused about, too. How did this happen without more of a fight? Where are the hoops they need to jump through to pass this? What is needed to happen to reverse this decision?

They should have killed a lot more and faster. Now that they are back on the list my neighbor lost cattle to the wolves and this is considered the north metro,about 6 miles east of Isanti on county road 5. I also had a bunch of big puppy tracks during muzzleloader season chasing deer,I thought it was a Shepard or husky but now I know it was wolves.