• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

bbfenatic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice start to the season but I thought the Ave's looked slow. We probably caught them at a good time.

I could still see the Wild trading some talent to get bigger depending on how they fare against LA and the Ducks, but that won't come around until the trade deadline.

Yeah, I see the size matchup issue too. The problem is, who would they trade for it? They can't take on any $$ since they have to resign so many RFAs coming up. We don't really want an inexpensive goon because they are effectively obsolete in this league. What you want is a gritty, nasty guy with a little size and the ability to play 10-15min per game. Problem there is that those guys are not cheap.

What about buying our Koivu's contract, or have we used both our our exemptions from the new barging agreement?

I am all for Keeping him but if it handcuffs 6.75mil a year until '18, I say buy him out. And hopefully we could resign him with a more affordable contract.

Oh I know this will be unpopular among some folks here but koivu's time is limited on the wild.

He sure looks "old" and slow out there for sure....hopefully he ramps up a bit but I won't be sad to see him go as stated before.

Parise is a beast out there but 10 SOG and it takes an empty netter to get one to go? Can't complain too much but jeez....gotta find something to nitpick about! laugh

If we're looking for things to complain about, why didn't we dominate like we did in game 1? grin

I'm surprised Roy didn't get a talking to by the league on trying to throw his 4th liners out with 3sec to go. Bush league move right there. Kind of scary that a coach at this level would go tell his guys to try to hurt people...because there's no other reason to throw your 4th line in that situation.

Right BB there is little to nitpick about this team. So fun to watch. Its early but if we can fend off the injury bug this will be a blast!

If zucker steps up his game in the d end I wouldn't be surprised if we make a trade there. Otherwise I don't think there would be many takers.

ESPN thinks our team is pretty good..

http://www.espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings

#2 Interesting....we will be able to score plenty...if tending stays good and D is OK no reason we can't stick in the top 5 anyways.

Okposo, Tavares, Boychuk, Nelson, Grabovski.....who is that at #7 heading in the right direction? wink

#2 Interesting....we will be able to score plenty...if tending stays good and D is OK no reason we can't stick in the top 5 anyways.

Okposo, Tavares, Boychuk, Nelson, Grabovski.....who is that at #7 heading in the right direction? wink

Isles look like world beaters right now. Nice to see that franchise maybe getting back to respectability again. Two huge additions on their blueline for sure.

On the other hand... The Oilers. Wow, what a mess they seem to be already. Not that the Kings are an easy match, but 6-1...youch. They're already -9 on goal differential. Very Sabres-ey.