• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

bbfenatic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lastly, why did they feel the need to change from Phoenix to Arizona? Really stupid.

My daughter works for the Yotes and they are trying to draw a larger audience than just Phx, that franchise is in a state of flux. They have to do a ton of Community and State wide PR to get crowds...it does pick up once the snowbirds arrive though!

If is fun to go to games in shorts throughout the season and they are competitive with some speed cool

Yeah I would guess snowbirds would be 1/2 to 2/3 of the fan base. Hard to get hockey going in AZ if hardly anyone played it as a youth. So I sort of get what they are trying to do. Still if our hockey team was called the St Paul Wild or the Bloomington North Stars in years gone by, I don't think it would affect our fanbase in the slightest. But I do realize the fan base is compeltely different.

Honestly, I don't know why they are still there. I've heard that a large portion of the people that do go to the games are there with free tickets.

Put ARI in Quebec

Put FLA in Ontario (somewhere near the Leafs)

Let the league make money in places they are definitely going to make money.

So, what's better, to keep Zucker on the 4th and keeping a scoring threat there or moving him up with better linemates but stiffer opposing lines?
IMO he's trade bait. I hope I don't regret saying this but he's a liability on defense. Yeah he can snipe some goals and has speed but in playoffs when it counts I honestly don't want him out there.

True but haven't you been one of the most vocal ones on physical play? He certainly won't bring it but trading him could get someone who can. I don't see much of a future for zucker on this team in 2 or 3 years. Better to trade high than low. If he keeps up this streak he could be worth something.

We'll I didn't expect this team to be as good as they are and Zucker leads the team with 4 goals without any power play time and 4th line minutes which is pretty impressive. I personally wouldn't build a team with a small speedy 4th line but here we are.

This team lacks toughness and that worries me. It's a long season and IMO, the toughest playoffs in sports.

What do you think they could get for him?

IMO he's trade bait. I hope I don't regret saying this but he's a liability on defense. Yeah he can snipe some goals and has speed but in playoffs when it counts I honestly don't want him out there.

He looked pretty good in the playoffs against the Hawks in 2012, I don't think we should be too quick to ship him off before he can show us what he can do. Defense can be taught, scoring and speed can't. He also doesn't look as lost out there as previous years.

He looked pretty good in the playoffs against the Hawks in 2012, I don't think we should be too quick to ship him off before he can show us what he can do. Defense can be taught, scoring and speed can't. He also doesn't look as lost out there as previous years.

He was arguably our best player in those playoffs. Yeah we could use some toughness, but I also think speed comes into play a lot more in the playoffs. We saw it with Haula last year. Also his D has gotten a lot better, and will continue to as he knows it must for him to stay up here. He's been pretty good on the pk aswell.

I think you have to keep him on the team at this rate.

Its a long way till the trade deadline and there are always a few good physical players on the block then. If we need to toughen up at that point then do it. But no need to out think ourselves already. Give it time.

I think you have to keep him on the team at this rate.

Its a long way till the trade deadline and there are always a few good physical players on the block then. If we need to toughen up at that point then do it. But no need to out think ourselves already. Give it time.

Oh by no means am I advocating trading him now. I think his stock is rising, but I think come the deadline there could be some serious interest. Who knows. I could be wrong on him. He has definitely progressed since last year. I would like to see consistency across a dozen or so games.

Regardless, this team is a blast to watch.

Is say keep him on the 4th for now. Not broken, don't fix it. If we need to send a message or someone gets hurt, then move him up. For now, 4 goals from a 4th liner is ok with me smile

If we do trade him some time this season, I'd wonder if it wouldn't be for picks. Decent 4th liners are a dime a dozen and we are going to be at the cap the next few years with all of our RFA signings.

The cap is something I have been worrying about as well. I do believe it is supposed to increase again next year, but nothing is official. As of now they are $12.4M under the cap with Haula, Granlund, Scandella, Folin as RFA next season. I hope they nab each one of them. After that they will need to fill some other space or resign a UFA they have.