• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

bbfenatic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kuemper allowed 5 goals not only in 1 period but on 20 shots in the whole game. Not completely his fault but he looked rattled. Suter struggled too. Our D was a disaster and I haven't seen a debacle like that in a long time.

Gotta love Parise coming back out after getting stitched up, that's hockey toughness!

I look at it more like kuemper gave up 5 goals on 9 shots since they all came in the 3rd. I believe it was the 5th goal was totally a defensive breakdown no one went after the puck Suter to blame IMO.

Worst loss in team history? Embarrassing yes but I think the loss to the oilers (I think it was oilers) two years ago when they had to clinch a playoff spot was worse.

I realized something last night. When the Vikings blow a game I get a chuckle out of it and it doesn't bother me one bit. Last night I got so bugged by the debacle going on I turned the game off so I would be able to get to sleep at a decent time. I'm moderately embarrassed by this but have now realized why after Vikes games the call in shows go on forever with really irate and upset fans.

Well, maybe this is a good thing. Next time we have a lead late in a game, Yeo can bring this up and say, "this is what happens if you stop playing." Hopefully it's motivation for the team moving forward to never take the foot off the gas.

That third was tough to watch. You could see it coming. We stopped skating, we lost battles, we coasted around our zone. Even Kuemper got a little lazy on one or two of those goals.

What was there 14 minutes of PP and we could not score....deserve to lose. Their PP does not even seem to get energized or much pressure....just hoping someone makes a shot. I thought we brought Andrew Brunette onto the bench to fix the PP?

Put the Zucker-Cooke-Carter line out on PP, they seems to be picking up a bulk of the scoring lately anyways. crazy

Zucker got some PP time when Parise was out.

Please no Carter. The guy takes stupid penalties, can't check and can't skate. I'd rather have Brodziak out there. We'll be seeing more of Brodziak in that 3rd line center role with Haula out too.

Quote:
What was there 14 minutes of PP and we could not score....deserve to lose. Their PP does not even seem to get energized or much pressure....just hoping someone makes a shot. I thought we brought Andrew Brunette onto the bench to fix the PP?

They dominated the first 2 periods and were up 3-0. Who cares if they score on the PP, they were up 3-0. They deserve to lose because their Defense and goalie fell apart in the 3rd.

at this point the only benefit of being on the PP is that the other team rarely scores during that time. As the power play woes go on it gets to be a mental issue more than a physical ability issue. It will come but is no fun until it does. One positive is our penalty kill, we're allowing less than one shot per PP and we're 3-4 in the league defending.

On a negative the Rangers were really doing poorly killing PP's...until last night.

As the power play woes go on it gets to be a mental issue more than a physical ability issue.

Agree 100% and either way it is an issue that needs to get resolved...and like you stated, not like NYR are juggernauts on the PK.

Need to bounce back tonight...chance to redeem themselves against Bruins.

Per Russo:

No supplemental discipline for Kreider's hit on Brodin

Moore to face in person hearing (minimum 6 game suspension)

If the league wants to send a message, give Moore 20 games. He's a repeat offender who did the exact same thing to Weiss in last year's playoffs. He got 2 games for that...which is a joke.