• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

bbfenatic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I saw sorta the name Schultz at the top of this page made me think back to January 10th. Boy did Nick Schultz get boxed up by Adam McQuaid. 7 NHL fights and 6' 190 pounds vs 42 NHL fights and 6'5" 210. Threw a big check after the faceoff and McQuaid went after him immediately. Why can't the guy getting checked at least have the chance to get up and fend for himself. If that happens for or to the wild we have no 1 to answer the bell. We need was it Carl Racki from Youngblood lol. It's a voodoo season, hope for the addition of a few tougher blue liners next Oct and a goalie we can run out there and hopefully put a few shut outs on the board. Manny Fernandez or Roliie the goalie available ?

Agree on Dubnyk...up to this point he looks as good or better than any goalie I have seen on the Wild roster for a while, for a big guy he moves quite well, covers the 5 hole well....just solid all around......and thank God cuz poor Kemps gave up 3 goals 8 minutes in last night and 5 after 2 periods and was yanked down in Iowa....sure hope the kid can figure it out.

Wow, Keumps is a total head case right now. Too bad we didn't make the trade for Doobie sooner, but it takes a lot to make a move sometimes.

I would think the Wild can play a little more offensively minded now that they have solid backstopper. Take some O-zone chances that they wouldn't have before the trade. At the very minimum, the guys should be having a lot more fun out there.

The bench reaction after that breakaway save says a lot. The guys believe in him and that means a ton. Glad we are least getting NHL caliber play in net. This will help everyone's confidence since they won't have to worry about who's in the crease. They can focus on their own job.

Dubnyk definitely won that game. The Wild seem to be getting a little puck luck in their zone. If they had any in the O zone it might have been a 5-0 win.

Kemps I think is a product of 1)had a very good season last year,2) got the big contract, 3) to immature to handle that. Now he is in the minors pouting but still making the big money. We will find out soon how bad he wants to play in the NHL or just wanted the money.

Nice to see some W's, crucial stretch of game coming up and we seem to be going up hill the whole way, at least a glimmer of hope now that we have a tender that isn't swiss cheese. Should be a war for those wildcard spots.

I can't shake my Negative Nelly attitude. Probably years of MN sports letting me down when I start getting hopeful. I sit and watch the games expecting the worst and even posting here I want to throw out negatives but I won't because it's too easy to do.

On a positive I heard today Yeo's press conference and after the first question he said, "I'm just here so I don't get fined." Nice to have a guy with some sort of people skills and sense of humor. Seems like a guy who wouldn't fish right on top of you. (fyi, if you didn't know Marshawn Lynch's Super Bowl interview almost 5 minutes he repeated that quote to every question, juvenile)

Tough thing for the team is to just forget about the standings. The first half problems put them in a box with needing other teams to start losing in the 2nd half. But that can make you go nuts if it doesn't happen.

All they can really do is focus on each game they have in front of them and get the win any way they can. Pretty, ugly, no matter.

Sorry but I've never been a fan of our team name, the Wild cmon, what is that exactly. We choose an adjective for a team name ? I'm an old north stars guy here but it is what it is and I sure hope we can get to the point where you feel we have a chance every night, home or away and yes that requires a goalie the boys have 100% faith in. I hope we found something in this dubnyk guy.

Tough thing for the team is to just forget about the standings. The first half problems put them in a box with needing other teams to start losing in the 2nd half. But that can make you go nuts if it doesn't happen.

Ya a just peeked today after not looking for a couple of weeks, not looking good at all and even worse is our division is pretty much too good, everyone has a shot and we are at the bottom of the heap. We will pretty much to be the best team in the NHL over the last 30ish games to have a shot.

Agreed OTC, have never like "Wild" but I am over it now.

I feel the same way. Every dam team we have sucks! It would be nice if this states professional sports teams owners actually cared about winning instead of just being a form of entertainment. Seems to me they could care less because this states fans are stupid enough to shovel the cash to go watch mediocre at best teams, just because its something to do & theres tons of money in this state (for some). People fill the stadiums even when they suck, so why change anything? They aren't going to make more money if they have winning teams & fill stadium? I dont get it, "state of hockey"? Whatever...maybe they just dont get it when it comes to getting really good athletes here? If we do get good ones, we get rid of them & they go play somewhere else & are awesome. or we handcuff ourself with ridiculous contracts & the athlete wont lift a finger because because they are set for the rest of their life.

I get the frustration, but don't forget where the top teams in the league were ten years ago. Most of them were on the bottom drawing multiple top ten picks. We have never been so bad to get those kinds of picks. If you want Toews or Crosby you have to finish last. Is that what you guys want? Last place for a couple of years and hope we can time it with the next rising phenom?

Not me, if Detroit can build while winning so can we. I'm not sure on the unproven coach system we have chosen. Developing young coaches and young players at the same time seems tough. Maybe we should pursue proven coaches and stop with the rookie parade behind the bench. Combine the young coaches with RB emptying the cupboards trying to make Gaborik happy (Demitra anyone?) and you can see some of the challenges within the organization.

We got nothing for Gabby at the trade deadline knowing full well he wasn't going to be on the team after becoming an UFA but we sure gave up a lot of youth for a guy that took half the season off two years in a row before his miraculous recovery for the last 20 games before becoming an UFA. Then we unloadBurns and for what? All trying to make the fans happy now you guys want to dump them all again and start over? Fine but don't biotch when we spend the next fours years battling to keep last place, we'll get the next McDavid (cause those guys always work out, just ask Edmonton).

Name the last year chicago was last & got all these great players? we have good enough players to contend with chicago. I dont get what their problem is, they act like they are in the first week of just making a highschool team & cant quite figure out who should be playing who. They need more time to get chemistry, well the season is almost over & they are still trying to figure this carp out. I would like to see how chicago practices & what they work on. You cant tell me that if we practiced like them & worked on the same things, we wouldnt be alot better team. How can guys at the professional level look so terrible? I believe its the coaching & their philosophy that has more to do with this teams lack of success than the talent on this team. koivu is junk, vanik is junk & cook & brodzniak get rid of them. Last but not least, yeo is junk. Get rid of him & get some drill sargaent coach in here to kick these children into shape & get them playing at the professional level for crying out loud!

I couldn't agree more, as I said earlier in the thread if Lamaire was still behind the bench this team would definitely run a lot different. Sure he was a defensive style coach but he would not put up with the play when you want to mentality. He brought out the best in everyone on the squad, and that was what your finest coaching staff can do.