• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2014/2015 Regular Season

bbfenatic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the recent success is circular...you get good goalie play, and ours has been stellar since bringing Dubnyk in, then the guys play with more confidence and it leads to faster, more focused play (and we HAVE to play with speed as we can't win with size). When you have guys making the goalie's life easier, as we have of late, then his play elevates (he's starting out much better than I could have even hoped for). I hope this circle continues because we are steadily moving in the right direction in the West for once with a chance to sneak back into the pack. Awfully happy with our 2nd line right now...

10 points out of 3rd in the division, 5 points out of the last wild card slot with 2 teams to jump and tied with 2 more. Basically, we need to be hotter than all teams around us. Hopefully Doobie can keep up his performances even when the 5 guys in front of him are having off nights.

Anyone else thin Chicago was floating a lot early in the game?

The hawks did not look like their normal selves. They were shutout two games in a row. That hasn't happened in 9 years! Every player didn't look good even Toews who usually is very solid.

At any rate, I wont apologize for beating a team on their off night. It was a great win, convincing win and much needed win. That was a game that we have lost often this year. Great to be on the opposite end of that for a change.

Sounds like Cooke may be done for the season, Schroeder playing tonight...too bad it took an injury but Schroeder should have been playing for him long ago IMO.

Cookie is a HUGE Loss for us...and NO Schroeder should not have been playing for him already.....hes was just healing up, getting in shape and starting to move better. imo.

Cookie is a HUGE Loss for us...and NO Schroeder should not have been playing for him already.....hes was just healing up, getting in shape and starting to move better. imo.

LMAO...glad you are back Pier....keeps me interested. Cooke a HUGE loss for us haahahhahaha...he can hit if he runs into the player (then it is 50/50 who takes the brunt of it), he can skate fast but not sure where he is going, he can hardly catch a pass much less make a pass....decent Penalty killer but who isn't, IMO there are 3-4 other players in our system that could bring us more than Cooke at this point. He's making $2.5 Million this year & $3.0 Million next year and hopefully they figure out how to dump that salary and use it in better places IMO. Next you are going to tell us we need Kemps back in the net asap and that Fontaine needs to be playing 1st line center?. Pier...did I tell you I am glad you are back? smile

Doubt the Hawks will see Nevada for awhile lol, there's a twinkle in our eye, you can see it and sense it and maybe for once this season with the funerals and injuries a bit and boy did we need that all-star break, actually saw a few guys smiling again. I hope this extra gear we hit maintains.

I hope this extra gear we hit maintains.

+1

and no reason it shouldn't maintain...they certainly have big Mo on their side now after those 4 games and confidence should be at an all time high....odds are against them...but who knows.

Quote:
haahahhahaha...he can hit if he runs into the player (then it is 50/50 who takes the brunt of it), he can skate fast but not sure where he is going, he can hardly catch a pass much less make a pass....decent Penalty killer but who isn't

They are better team with Cooke, period.

Nice to see them smoke the Hawks on National TV. I sure wish NBC would pick up more of our games. Then MN fans would realize how bad our play by play guys are. The coverage is 100 times better than FSN IMO.

They are better team with Cooke, period.

OK, since you said "period" and it is just not your opinion I have to agree.....oh wait no I don't laugh! IMO compared to others that can fill his skates we have better offense capabilities with others, whoever replaces him will get more shots on net. Cooke avgs 0.852 SOG this year, least on the team for those who have played 25 games or more, Schroeder had 4 last night. What does Cooke bring to the team that others cannot do just as well or better? Check....maybe...but he's no feared player out there....IMO he's an ex goon type having to play under the NHL microscope and has not made the adjustment very well IMO....again I ask what is he so good at that we are going to be a worse team without him?

Nice to see them smoke the Hawks on National TV. I sure wish NBC would pick up more of our games. Then MN fans would realize how bad our play by play guys are. The coverage is 100 times better than FSN IMO.

Are you talking NBC broadcast in general or last night specifically? Granted the intermission analysis was good I like Milberry, but the play by play was atrocious and I think you would be the only one saying preferred over FSN.

FYI - the play by play guys last night were actually the Hawks' play by play guys, not NBC sports. I think that is kind of a slap in the face if you ask me. Its a Nationally televised HOME game for the Wild, why were the HOME play by play guys not used in favor of the AWAY team? I think that is lame.

Don't get me wrong, not a fan of Lapanta, but at least he would get our players' and THEIR players names right. He is at least professional enough to get that accomplished.

I ask what is he so good at that we are going to be a worse team without him?
IMO Cooke is very valuable in the locker room over and above what he does on the ice. I agree, he hasn't been playing well and isn't a big threat to score, but I think he is a guy you can throw out there on PK or against the top line and not worry about him. Last year he and Haula shut down McKinnon.

You realized that the feed last night was the Chicago announcers and not the national crew last night, didn't you?

Cooke is big loss for this team. Just look at last years playoffs. He is a great leader and locker room guy. You could definitely tell he wasn't playing at 100% most of the year though.

I also enjoy listening to doc and the nbc sports crew do the games. Was pretty disappointed last night cause those guys were awful, I didn't realize they were Chicagos announcers but makes sense now.

But I will say that he is right about the "normal" NBCSN hockey crew....so much better than what FSN offers for hockey announcers and color guys...but then again FSN's budget is a little less! And then whatever channel that does MN State Boys Hockey Tourney goes out and gets Gary Thorne, he is awesome....or did the High School League hire him?