• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunting reports....

nbadger23

Bucks were moving great this morning. Between my brother and I we saw 5. I saw three, a little would be 8 point that was missing the other side, a very large 8 that was chasing a doe, and a big mature 10, at 12 yards...that I managed to miss because my string caught my equipment on the way...so I'm in rough shape right now, lol. At least it was a clean miss. Only one was actively on a doe

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from hunting, clothes are drying. Got to my stand nice and early this morning, quiet and comfortable by 5:30. Was hoping a couple of these bucks that have been on camera working scrapes early in the morning would stop by and keep me entertained until daylight. Unfortunately I was deerless all morning. Gonna be heading to another property in 30, good luck everybody!

I would love to hear more reports of deer moving. Got a few meetings friday morning at work then out to the stand by 9 to sit for the rest of the day. Would love to make something happen before saturday.

Sat from 6:30 am to 10:30 am yesterday and 11:30 am to 5:30 pm today and didn't see a thing.

This past Sunday my dad and brother sat on our two food plots and saw 13 different does and fawns.

Guess the bucks in our area aren't attracted to the opposite sex??? crazy

Brian

I was out last night and had 3 different pairs of does walk by with no bucks in tow. Sooner or later Mr. horny will be with one of them. I thought the wind was gonna knock my 3' oak tree my stand is on over. Never thought a big tree like that would move the way it did. Gonna give it a try again tomorrow afternoon.

Well your monicure is SmellEsox! laugh

I sat tonight in the snow, beautiful yet quite wet.

What a great night for seeing deer though, between 4:30-5, I had a train of 12 does/fawns work past my stand passing on all of course. For the first time on this property (this season) I did not see a buck. Kinda backwards considering the time of year.

I'll be back tomorrow for one last shot before rifle season kicks in.

Good luck to all.

Lots of bucks on camera right now, kicked up one deer walking in and one deer walking out, no deer on stand last night. Last sit this morning, strong winds have me less than optimistic but there is one on camera that has me going out no matter the conditions. Would love to get a crack at him this morning!

The wind does suck, it's the single worst element in all of hunting/fishing IMO.

That being said I don't think it will stop a buck if that sweet smell is in the air. I will be living in my tree the next couple days, I know it gets pretty tough to bag the big guy while sitting on the couch or staring at the computer screen!! grin

I was out Monday morning checking stand sites and the bucks were chasing the does around. In about 1/2 hour time period I watched 3 different bucks following does. The closest was about 20 yards away in open territory and he was oblivious to me being there.

I moved the stand I hunt most evenings about 30 yards the other day because it seemed that I was being picked out quite easily by passing does. At 3:30 he doe with the late fawn come by, along with another yearling doe they travel with. That darn lead doe picked me out at this new spot which surprised me. I as in a seated position in a tree that completely covers me and she picked me out from a trail behind me. The wind was in my favor as well. She's smart one!

5 does was the total for last night. I started to worry last week that all the does in my core area were bred last week given the activity that I saw. There was literally 1, if not more bucks with each doe that I saw. It's been a complete reversal this week with no mature bucks spotted and does back with fawns and no suitors with them.

I hope I didn't blow my chance last week. I will keep trying, that's for sure!

Guess I picked the wrong days to take time off this week, but I did that cuz I knew I would need to give my rear a rest prior to this weekends long sits. Made it to my second property around 12:30 yesterday, was still raining hard. As I was getting ready I had another nearby hunter drive by, and we chatted for about 15 minutes. Seems as though I talked him into hunting that evening. He said he wasn't seeing much throughout the week and didn't know if they would be on the move with rain. I hope he saw something, because the weather was garbage. Down poured the whole afternoon. It was fun talking with him though and he even offered to swing by after his hunt to see if I needed help dragging. He never showed when I was out of the woods, so I hope that meant he got something! Regardless, that is part of what makes bowhunting fun. We all have the same passion. Please remember that the next time you run into another hunter, be kind and who knows maybe you will learn a thing or two. I know I appreciated it, I was flying solo and it was fun to talk to another archer. I ended up seeing 1 deer on the day and that was at 5:10 about 80 yards out. Word is after that rain quit last night, the deer have been moving like nuts. Should make for a good weekend of hunting, if we have some moderate conditions without too much wind. I prefer to shoot one with my bow, but if daddy dandy provides me with an opportunity this weekend, I will take it. Good luck everybody!

My facebook page is lit up with friends and their big bucks from the last couple days, and here I am stuck at work. Just doesn't seem fair. frown I will be in a tree in a few hours though, so I guess there's hope, huh?

Good luck all!

Man oh man, Big Bucks are chasing here in SE MN for sure. Had a big big buck chasing a doe out in an open field that is about 100 yards in front of me around 8am. They both jumped into the woods I'm hunting and came in about 20-30 yards so they were about 70-80 yards away staring right in my direction, all I could see was rack going every which way with stickers and big huge clouds coming out of his mouth from the cold weather with the sun just reaching the tree tops.

I got paranoid that he could see the clouds coming out of my mouth so I quit breathing for a couple minutes lol. The doe started walking a different direction going away from me and he was following her so I went for the gusto and gave him a couple grunts and a grunt snort wheeze, the doe hated it and ran off back out into the open field with him chasing right behind her.

Sat until 1pm hoping and praying they would come back by or another mature buck but it never happened. Seen a nice doe and a fawn, then a medium sized single doe.

It got warm this afternoon and wasn't even windy where I was sitting, I thought there was this big mean cold front with heavy winds today? I'm heading out to the same stand in the morning to give it another try, it's the same stand where last year on the day before gun opener I seen 3 different shooters.