• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Peterson Indicted for Child Abuse

LMITOUT

That is right amateur.. Hard to understand and I am sure there are many layers of issues in his head and life that led up to this. I feel for him and the little boy. He needs help. I am sure he has been used for football and that is it in his life. BUT I would never leave him alone with my grandson....

And no one would force, ask, or expect you to.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he will probably do it again.

He has already said that he will continue to discipline his kids. Unfortunately we now know what his idea of discipline is (felony assault). It will happen again. Whether or not the average person hears about it depends on how much $$$ he coughs up to mother #1, #2, #3, #4 or #5.

I am just not sure that what ones does in his private life should have a bearing on his job, maybe some jobs but not football.

I could see if you were a police officer or a teacher or something along those lines but not other jobs.

I simply do not believe ones personal life issues should make a person lose their job.

Incorrect captainmuskey, a member of the medical staff has been indicted for recommending, obtaining, and providing meds directy related to overdose.
cite your source wrong..http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/10/sports/hockey/man-indicted-on-charges-of-selling-prescription-pills-to-derek-boogaard.html?referrer=&_r=0

I have been a huge Vikings fan for many years. This is the darkest time ever in their history. Thanks to Adrian. I have been a huge fan of him too. He has that nice smile and seemed like a wonderful guy. Obviously there is a dark side to Adrian. He snapped and too bad for that little boy he was there when Adrian lost it whether it was his fault or not. Adrian apparently is a very simple minded person who can't handle anything outside of football. And that is even questionable sometimes. Most of us work from paycheck to paycheck or close to that. We need our jobs to survive. People who earn millions each and every year should be set for life. Him losing his job is just no more entertaining us. It is not like us losing our way of financial survival. I am feeling bad about watching the game with him involved this weekend. I think of my 3 year old grandson who I love dearly and how anyone could take that much time to break off a branch, stuff leaves in the little boys mouth, and then take much more time and hit the kid with that branch at least 15 times. That all took a good amount of time. This was not just a quick bad moment of judgement. It was an ordeal that had many stages and Adrian never stopped himself and thought he was doing wrong. That is scary. He should never be able to be around any child for the rest of his life without supervision. Just like a pedophile, he will probably do it again. Sorry Adrian but that is what i feel.

AP DID NOT snap...it's his way of disciplining his kids.

Deactivated

Finally some common sense by the team.

Quote:
Vikings deactivate Adrian Peterson indefinitely

The Minnesota Vikings placed Adrian Peterson on the Exempt/Commissioner's Permission list, requiring the running back to abstain from team activities during his child-abuse case, the team announced Wednesday morning.

His mindset doesn't preclude knowing right from wrong.

This is a blanket bad state statement.

First, his mindset. He has already testified he thougbt he was doi g the right thing as he was brought up. If no one ever told or taught him differently, his mind is exactly where it should be.

Second, the parameters of right and wrong change daily in our society right now. With these moving or updated rules of what deems to be legal or not ( let alone different places having difft laws), if you are brought up in an environment where this is publicly acceptable how would anyone know the difference unless educated about it.

Try and apply for a foster care license, see what you are required to do by the state, the loops you have to jump through,and the situations that can arise from them. You would be shocked. And im talking liberal minnesota here.

Quote:
n a differant situatuon say his kid shot up a school at 16

Youd all be sayin ' didnt he disapline his child growing up .

No, I would say he wasn't a good parent to his child. That's hard to do when you have umpteen kids to umpteen women scattered about the country. Giving them a good beating on the rare event that you do see them isn't the answer.

I'm glad the Vikings are doing the right thing but lets face the fact that it was pressure from their sponsors that tipped the scale.

In a differant situatuon say his kid shot up a school at 16

Youd all be sayin ' didnt he disapline his child growing up .

I'd probably say that the kid didn't receive proper socialization, or possibly proper parenting where an underlying mental health issue could have been identified.

I also would say that child abuse, such as being beaten at the age of 4, was likely.

This kind of "discipline" CAUSES violence in our society, it doesn't prevent it.

First, his mindset. He has already testified he thougbt he was doi g the right thing as he was brought up. If no one ever told or taught him differently, his mind is exactly where it should be.

Second, the parameters of right and wrong change daily in our society right now. With these moving or updated rules of what deems to be legal or not ( let alone different places having difft laws), if you are brought up in an environment where this is publicly acceptable how would anyone know the difference unless educated about it.

Try and apply for a foster care license, see what you are required to do by the state, the loops you have to jump through,and the situations that can arise from them. You would be shocked. And im talking liberal minnesota here.

Yep someone is going to waltz into court and say I know it was wrong to beat him bloody, but I did it anyways? Comon, you really believe that?

He already did waltz into a courtroom and admit what he did. The only difference is he didn't know/realize it was wrong. Based on everything that's been reported, Peterson obviously believed it was, at the very least, not illegal to punish his child to that extent.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/

When investigators questioned Peterson, they say he told them he regarded it as a normal spanking and not excessive. He told investigators, “To be honest with you, I feel very confident with my actions because I know my intent,” and when asked if he would reconsider using switches in the future, said he would never “eliminate whooping my kids … because I know how being spanked has helped me in my life.”

A grand jury seated earlier this summer decided not to charge Peterson.

The link in the story above even has a photo of AP showing investigators the tree the switch came from.

He already did waltz into a courtroom and admit what he did. The only difference is he didn't know/realize it was wrong. Based on everything that's been reported, Peterson obviously believed it was, at the very least, not illegal to punish his child to that extent.

B I N G O

Yep someone is going to waltz into court and say I know it was wrong to beat him bloody, but I did it anyways? Comon, you really believe that?

You dont have too but its already court and public record thats exactly what happened.

No it is court and public record that is what he said happened.

I can say pretty much anything I want, doesn't mean there is an ounce of truth to it.

So you're contention is that when AP spoke with police and testified in court that he did everything he's accused of, he was lying? If he was going to lie, wouldn't he say he didn't do any of those things.

You're making no sense here. Are you trying drag this into some sort of philosophical debate on if any of us are really "here"?

If you've read any of the stories, it's pretty clear AP isn't denying he did exactly what he is accused of doing. He just doesn't seem to understand that's not how you should discipline your children.

I think its hilarious when you see the Viking's statement that they have placed, and Peterson voluntarily agreed, to go on the exempt list. The Commissioner is the only one with authority to place a player on the exempt with commissioners permission, as it is known, list. Goddell, under pressure from league sponsors, called the Vikes and told them what to do. This is in the current CBA. When you are a billion dollar sponsor of the NFL you carry some major weight when it comes to influencing policy.