• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Peterson Indicted for Child Abuse

LMITOUT

I am just not sure that what ones does in his private life should have a bearing on his job, maybe some jobs but not football.

I could see if you were a police officer or a teacher or something along those lines but not other jobs.

I simply do not believe ones personal life issues should make a person lose their job.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the public is being asked to fund 2/3 of the stadium for the Vikings of which Peterson is an employee I think they have that right. Just heard Nike is pulling their Petersen models off the shelves in Minnesota. The largest sponsor in the NFL has also posted a very stern message to the NFL as well.

No different than Charlie Sheen getting fired by CBS a number of years ago.

I am just not sure that what ones does in his private life should have a bearing on his job, maybe some jobs but not football.

I could see if you were a police officer or a teacher or something along those lines but not other jobs.

I simply do not believe ones personal life issues should make a person lose their job.

When one's actions put their arse in jail/prison for any period of time, their job performance is affected. When one's actions put them in the negative spotlight in the media and the general populace, their job performance is affected.

I was surprised the morning shows who are usually a bunch of jock sniffers were ripping on AP pretty good.

For anyone that chooses to take the high road and throw stones with this how do you know what kind of employees there are behind the doors of any given business you may patronize each and every day but may notknow about.

Did he make mistakes, absolutely, is the NFL or vikings legally bound to dismiss him, absolutely not.

Wild fans, how many of you are boycotting the team because of the player and team doc who gave boogard the overdose?

And peterson has not been found guilty of anything under the law yet.

Doesn't have to be found guilty under the law. Peterson signed a contract with the NFL under the collective bargaining agreement and he is in violation of the code of conduct of that agreement that stipulates the degree of suspension he should serve. Plain and simple.

Doesn't have to be found guilty under the law. Peterson signed a contract with the NFL under the collective bargaining agreement and he is in violation of the code of conduct of that agreement that stipulates the degree of suspension he should serve. Plain and simple.

Considering your background/knowledge of the inner workings, personally it's good to see your stance. Thanks!

THAT depends on "the code of conduct" and any verbage under it,just like ray rice appealing his now.

Themajor problem of the NFLPA contract is I highly doubt it can cover every possible stupid scenario any player could possibly run into. As has been seen visibly their "deal with it as it comes" mantra aint workin very well anymore.

When the public is being asked to fund 2/3 of the stadium for the Vikings of which Peterson is an employee I think they have that right. Just heard Nike is pulling their Petersen models off the shelves in Minnesota. The largest sponsor in the NFL has also posted a very stern message to the NFL as well.

No different than Charlie Sheen getting fired by CBS a number of years ago.

Public is payin 1/3 of stadium cost

Sheen is completely different, he personally told his bosses to go to hell. Peterson not so much.

Sponsors are dropping now. Nike, Anheuser-Busch and Covergirl have joined Radison in dropping out of sponsorship. Someone better step up and suspend him. I'm glad sponsors are standing up and saying we are done with these thugs and gangbanger wanna be's.

Nike has not dropped, just pulling his jerseys (in our market

Busch has not gone anywhere, just publicly denouncing the NFL and its handling of current issues while still having no problem continueing with its 50 million dollar league contract (cough hypocrisy).

Facts people

I have been a huge Vikings fan for many years. This is the darkest time ever in their history. Thanks to Adrian. I have been a huge fan of him too. He has that nice smile and seemed like a wonderful guy. Obviously there is a dark side to Adrian. He snapped and too bad for that little boy he was there when Adrian lost it whether it was his fault or not. Adrian apparently is a very simple minded person who can't handle anything outside of football. And that is even questionable sometimes. Most of us work from paycheck to paycheck or close to that. We need our jobs to survive. People who earn millions each and every year should be set for life. Him losing his job is just no more entertaining us. It is not like us losing our way of financial survival. I am feeling bad about watching the game with him involved this weekend. I think of my 3 year old grandson who I love dearly and how anyone could take that much time to break off a branch, stuff leaves in the little boys mouth, and then take much more time and hit the kid with that branch at least 15 times. That all took a good amount of time. This was not just a quick bad moment of judgement. It was an ordeal that had many stages and Adrian never stopped himself and thought he was doing wrong. That is scary. He should never be able to be around any child for the rest of his life without supervision. Just like a pedophile, he will probably do it again. Sorry Adrian but that is what i feel.

I have been a huge Vikings fan for many years. This is the darkest time ever in their history. Thanks to Adrian. I have been a huge fan of him too. He has that nice smile and seemed like a wonderful guy. Obviously there is a dark side to Adrian. He snapped and too bad for that little boy he was there when Adrian lost it whether it was his fault or not. Adrian apparently is a very simple minded person who can't handle anything outside of football. And that is even questionable sometimes. Most of us work from paycheck to paycheck or close to that. We need our jobs to survive. People who earn millions each and every year should be set for life. Him losing his job is just no more entertaining us. It is not like us losing our way of financial survival. I am feeling bad about watching the game with him involved this weekend. I think of my 3 year old grandson who I love dearly and how anyone could take that much time to break off a branch, stuff leaves in the little boys mouth, and then take much more time and hit the kid with that branch at least 15 times. That all took a good amount of time. This was not just a quick bad moment of judgement. It was an ordeal that had many stages and Adrian never stopped himself and thought he was doing wrong. That is scary. He should never be able to be around any child for the rest of his life without supervision. Just like a pedophile, he will probably do it again. Sorry Adrian but that is what i feel.

And until you walk in the shoes of a mindset such as his, you can never possibly understand.

That is right amateur.. Hard to understand and I am sure there are many layers of issues in his head and life that led up to this. I feel for him and the little boy. He needs help. I am sure he has been used for football and that is it in his life. BUT I would never leave him alone with my grandson....