• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Luck Teddy!!

FISHINGURU

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teddy looked pretty good again last night. Yeah yeah, I know...preseason, he's playing against scrubs who will be working at Mcdonalds next week....whatever. He's doing what they want him to do in the situations they put him in, right now that's good enough for me to give him a thumbs up.

And 3 picks? By the Vikings?? Gotta LOVE to see that!

That will be great for the Vikes if Cassel is a Pro Bowler this year. The one nice thing about him is he's not afraid to let it rip down the field.

If Teddy don't see the field at all this year in regular season that is a good sign for the team. I have a feeling we will be seeing him at some point this season though.

I like what I'm seeing from this squad already, the score doesn't matter in preseason but how you execute and play with passion does.

It's nice to have some real coaching and systems out there, we are keeping it vanilla and it's already more exciting then anything we've seen the past few years on both sides of the ball.

If and when Cassel has a bit of a rough stretch, I see Teddy in for some experience maybe depending on the score.

Our O line has been pretty good so far and the D has also been doing a better job.

I cannot wait to get AP into the mix as that will give the oppositions D a lot more to worry about.

A lot of the credit can go to our new Coaching staff in total, it looks to have given the players a new hope.

Least this season, there is some hope and one can see improvements on this team.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe TB is actually putting up more points, and more yards then Cassel. Kansas City kind of shut down Cassel in the second quarter, but when TB came in the offense started moving the ball down field almost effortlessly. Cassel put up a few points, but TB's crew humiliated KC's defense!

I could certainly be wrong, but I sense a real confidence in our O-line with TB at the helm. He's got a distinct feel for what's going on out there, and he reacts accordingly. Pretty impressive for a rookie.

Canopy, I dont think you are wrong in saying that at all. In fact, I was going to comment that aside from the 53 yard pass play to Patterson, I thought Cassel played average. He made some bad passes. TB has put up more points, but at the same time I think he has been on the field more too.

I am encouraged by what he has shown though. Definitely progresses each week. It is so nice to see a guy (regardless of rookie or not) stand in the pocket and make MULTIPLE reads on a play. Not laser in on a receiver and take off running if the play isnt there. His pocket presence has gotten better as well. Mistakes he made in the first game have disappeared.

Its preseason, so there is a long way to go yet. I wonder if he is going to play much on Thursday? I know Ponder will get some extended time, but how much will Teddy get?

Clearly you understood what I was getting at LMIT.

I'm not sure about that. He did say he was sticking his head in a vat of asphalt... can't imagine the fumes from that do anything to help one's understanding of anything except what "lightheaded" feels like.

Sounds like the vikes named Cassel the week 1 starter.

Never thought I'd say this... but I'm okay with that. He's exceeded my (admittedly and quite biased low) expectations this preseason.

I agree with FOM though, real test will be the defense. Our defense was quite terrible last year.

It's obvious by now that Cassel is going to be the go to guy. But again, last night TB moved the ball extremely well, worked the pocket with confidence, scrambled only when he needed to, and commanded the offense with relative ease.

Ponder came in and his performance was right on par with previous years. Field goal, field goal, field goal.... laugh

I like Teddy. I hope we get to see more of him on the field this year then most seem to expect. With our schedule early season our defense is going to have to be stellar. Otherwise we're going to have to put up points like a slot machine! eek

All of our guys including Teddy have played well so far on the road and in bad weather conditions. Not much for penalties or turnovers either, them kind of things help you win football games.

We can beat any team in the NFL if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot all the time like in the past.

Forgive me Dave, but I honestly don't know what that means? IALTO? I'm almost 50 yrs old man, and not too "cool" anymore. smile

I'm hopeful, but it remains to be seen how we stand up against some of the superstar loaded offenses out there. We've got a tough division, and the early season schedule will test both our offense and defense.

3-5 games into the season will show us a lot more about what this new team is really made of. I'm extremely optimistic about the coaching changes though!!! I honestly think that's a HUGE part of why our early offense is moving the ball so well. Smart play calling! Something we haven't seen for many years. wink

The running game looks good, and we haven't even seen AP take the field. They could potentially put together an amazing run offense with him on the field, and with good arms, and good plays being executed, who knows?

It stands for I ALWAYS LOVE THAT ONE.

I thought it was common knowledge that any team can win any given game in the NFL. If you don't turn the ball over and don't get a lot of penalties and the other team does you are likely to win. There's probably even stats out there to prove it for ya Big Dave!!

It stands for I ALWAYS LOVE THAT ONE.

I thought it was common knowledge that any team can win any given game in the NFL. If you don't turn the ball over and don't get a lot of penalties and the other team does you are likely to win. There's probably even stats out there to prove it for ya Big Dave!!

Turning the ball over and committing lots of penalties is a sign of an inferior team. You make it sound like you could take a bunch of 7th graders and beat an NFL team as long as you don't commit penalties or turn the ball over. The reason a team turns the ball over and commits penalties is they are not as good a team as their opponent, the other team in most cases is in some way forcing these mistakes. If you have a better team than the opposition then obviously you will commit less of these mistakes.

Forgive me Dave, but I honestly don't know what that means? IALTO? I'm almost 50 yrs old man, and not too "cool" anymore. smile

I'm almost 45 and never was cool but I listen to the Common Man show on KFAN from time to time. It's a 20 year old shtick but I still find humor in it. If you don't live in the metro area you can listen online or podcast the KFAN shows.

We can beat any team in the NFL if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot all the time like in the past.

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

You can tell it's the beginning of the season when delusions of grandeur are never in short supply from the fan base.

Turning the ball over and committing lots of penalties is a sign of an inferior team. You make it sound like you could take a bunch of 7th graders and beat an NFL team as long as you don't commit penalties or turn the ball over. The reason a team turns the ball over and commits penalties is they are not as good a team as their opponent, the other team in most cases is in some way forcing these mistakes. If you have a better team than the opposition then obviously you will commit less of these mistakes.

Here comes the dynamic duo of Big Dave and LMIT with their GIFS!!

Sorry you take that as a 7th grade team can beat an NFL team if they don't turn the ball over or have penalties. You need to watch more PRO football if you don't see every week most of the games come down to a play or two. You get the occasional blowouts when one of the teams TURN THE BALL OVER and HAS A LOT OF PENALTIES.

That was my point, we haven't turned the ball over or had a lot of penalties, if you play that kind of football you can beat any team any given Sunday.

We'll find out soon when the Vikes take some of these first 6 games from some of the better teams in the NFL.

If the Vikes would of took Big Daves and LMITs advice we'd have Johnny Foosball right now and could come out of the gate 6-0. LMMFAO