• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Luck Teddy!!

FISHINGURU

Agreed.

Bridgewater needs time to learn and develop.

His passing accuracy and poise were pleasant to see.

I also like that he isn't always looking to run.

It is going to help a tad once AP is in there also.

Should be fun to see how this plays out.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This 3rd preseason game will tell who they are ready to roll with as our starter,the QB starting that game will probably play 3 quarters.

More then likely Cassel will be our starter for the beginning of the season. I'm ok with that he's got the most experience with our core players on offense. Norv likes Cassel and supposedly wanted him last yr so he's probably a nice fit.

Our 1st team offense has been pretty good and we haven't even brought in the BEAST yet. I can't wait to see them spread it out and let AP run in space.

As for Teddy that last game was great, accuracy, touch, poise, audibles/protections, looking off defenders, scanning the field, hanging tight in the pocket, clock management, no turnovers. They weren't sitting back and letting him pick apart a zone either they were bringing heat from every where. That was a nice test and he answered on everything. I'm not saying he's arrived but that is everything you could ask for to see in a Rookie QB. Hopefully he can keep learning and progressing to be consistent.

Teddy needs to be the starter on day one. Cassel is a nice bit player but he has limited potential and doesn't come through in the clutch. Bridgewater delivers when the pressure is on and if he starts the season he will end up being the best QB in the division at the end of the year.

Teddy needs to be the starter on day one. Cassel is a nice bit player but he has limited potential and doesn't come through in the clutch. Bridgewater delivers when the pressure is on and if he starts the season he will end up being the best QB in the division at the end of the year.

Purple...did Walgreens run out of your prescription??

Teddy looked great last night but Rodgers is arguably the best QB in the league...let's not get ahead of ourselves quite yet.

I think Cassel is the starter day one...he's been very good this pre-season. I think the team "looks" at him as their starter and I think that goes a long ways in a teams confidence.

It was nice to see Teddy "break-out" so to speak...the next few years should be great watching him hopefully hit his potential!!

Purple is obviously kidding... No way best in division. Unless the other 3 division QBs go on IR, he is not better than Rogers, Cutler or Stafford and I have no love loss for cry baby Cutler or butter face stafford... Bridgewater is even behind the 4th best QB in the division and he is a marginal starter. We'll see how he does against a #1 defense... Instead of bubble players...

Good Luck!

Ken

All that talk about "bubble" players.... Who was Teddy playing with on his side of the ball? That's right he was also playing with bubble players ,making them look good. I am not going to lie, I don't want to see him start game 1 I didn't even like the pick when they drafted him, but he looked good last night under serious pressure. As far as the vikings go, their offense has look solid despite no AD but their defense looks horrible, first team or bubble players, it doesn't matter they look bad right now. Hopefully the learn the system more and look better when the real season gets here.

Purple is obviously kidding... No way best in division. Unless the other 3 division QBs go on IR, he is not better than Rogers, Cutler or Stafford and I have no love loss for cry baby Cutler or butter face stafford... Bridgewater is even behind the 4th best QB in the division and he is a marginal starter. We'll see how he does against a #1 defense... Instead of bubble players...

Good Luck!

Ken

Rodgers is china. Won't last 7 games.

I don't think how Bridgewater played in the second half changes who the starter will be game 1. Cassel has played OK definitely hasn't lost the starting job if it was his to begin with but Bridgewater certainly opened some eyes that maybe they finally have a cutthroat qb. Time will tell on that but he was sharp and the last drive was nice regardless of who it was against.

Exactly. Cassel has been simply moving the ball well, and that is without Peterson in the backfield to get 8 men into the box. No reason not to let him have the day one start. Either way, it is good to see there be competition because both played well, as opposed to both struggling.

28/36 | 322 yards | 8.7 avg | 3 TD | 0 INT | 1-8 Sack-Yards

I don't care who is throwing the ball, if our team passing line looks anything like that in a regular season game that is outstanding.

All that talk about "bubble" players.... Who was Teddy playing with on his side of the ball? That's right he was also playing with bubble players ,making them look good..

So he was just in another college game...you've already seen that! He looked good in college with the same talent level on his side of the ball against the same talent level on D. 1st team NFL defenses closing in on you every play will change your comfort level in the pocket...

Not saying he didn't play well... Just temper the love fest till he proves he can do it against a real NFL defense...

Good Luck!

Ken

I always love that one, if Vikings fans give props to their rookies they are love fests but if them same rookies don't do good all the haters are in the thread saying how their careers are going to be horrible based off the same preseason.

He dominated the "bubble" players, that's what a good rookie should do. I don't think many people here think he would of done the same type of thing against the Cards 1st team defense.

I know the Packer Backers and the Foosball lovers wanted him to lay another egg but he didn't.

I'm a packer fan... But like to watch all football... I like to seet rookies develop into players... Just saying, dont annoint him the second coming of Tark quite yet... It's one game... Against a poor defense.

Bigdave and LMIt are conspicuously absent. Right on cue.

Didn't see the game. Was busy folding socks and sticking my head in a giant vat of asphalt, which was much more entertaining and satisfying that listening to that dope Paul Allen. At least the next two games will be away so we'll get some professional announcers for once.

Teddy needs to be the starter on day one
I'm positive that I can go and find the same quotes from many on this forum about Ponder back in 2011.

No doubt that Bridgewater is looking good. I think that both QBs are benefiting from being in Norv Turner's system. The guy knows how to build QBs. He's also not prone to pressure so I have very little doubt that Cassel will start the season and hopefully finish it. Spielman only got Cassel to come back with the promise of getting a legitimate shot to be the starter.

The Vikings aren't on the verge of anything, so I don't understand the haste some have to throw him into the game. That works for some players but not for others. It's a complicated game especially at the QB system. Who cares if Cam Newton did it for Carolina as a rookie? I'd rather have Bridgewater be the man for the Vikings a couple seasons down the road then go through a Ponder or David Carr scenario.

Didn't see the game. Was busy folding socks and sticking my head in a giant vat of asphalt, which was much more entertaining and satisfying that listening to that dope Paul Allen. At least the next two games will be away so we'll get some professional announcers for once.

so you only "watch" the game when something happens that meets you shtick. Got it go back and bury your head in sand again.

BTW PA did the first game yet you were able to watch that one?

Bigdave I have always agreed the mauer and morneau deals were ridiculous. It hamstrung them since they weren't willing to spend more on other players to be competitive.

It's funny then how I was about the only one here arguing that position at the time.............