• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Luck Teddy!!

FISHINGURU

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norv has been stressing "getting the ball out quicker" all off-season long. I'm sure there is going to be some re-learning and adjusting to playing "faster" than he has in the past. Cassel the same thing...

Glad to see he's making the effort...mistakes should and almost HAVE to be made in order for him to take the next step.

A simple learning curve.....

Norv has been stressing "getting the ball out quicker" all off-season long. I'm sure there is going to be some re-learning and adjusting to playing "faster" than he has in the past. Cassel the same thing...

Glad to see he's making the effort...mistakes should and almost HAVE to be made in order for him to take the next step.

A simple learning curve.....

If the learning curve was easy Tarvaris Jackson would still be our starting QB

Purple...

I wasn't implying that the learning curve was easy at all...that's just what he's fighting thru right now.

In fact, as a rookie QB in the NFL, the learning curve may be the most difficult one to attain as any position in all of sport.

Norv's pushing him hard...he's asking him to do things that feel unnatural to him right now. Failure on a play in training camp can be more important than success in reaching his full potential. Failure is a great teacher.

That potential may not be realized for a year or two...just like most of the franchise QB's we have in the league right now.

I don't think anything was easy for Junkson, all you had to do is listen to the guy talk.

It's practice plain and simple, that's what practice is. They are looking to see what everyone can and can not do, they are running new plays, they are testing guys on the bubble. They are doing things they wouldn't do in a game.

If the coaches tell the QB to just throw it up because they want to see if this undrafted rookie WR can jump and fight for the ball and it ends up being an INT that isn't really on the QB. If the ball hits a guy right in the hands but pops out into the defenders hands that really isn't on the QB.

Now if he's over throwing the WR's by 10 yards right into the FS or SS hands, or making bad short throws right to a LB, that would be bad decisions and poor throws.

Saying a guy threw 2 or 3 INT's today in practice doesn't mean much.

If Johnny Foosball did it they'd be saying how daring and confident he is in his arm lol.

This is fun...

I think that even if Teddy doesn't throw anymore INT's in practice I'm going to report that he did just to see what excuses are trotted out here.

next time make sure the number exceeds the number we're used to seeing our QB's toss up during an actual game.

3? Shiiiiiiit that's nothing! I bet Cassel/Ponder wrecking crew can toss up more than that in a last minute game losing drive!

I don't think how Bridgewater played in the second half changes who the starter will be game 1. Cassel has played OK definitely hasn't lost the starting job if it was his to begin with but Bridgewater certainly opened some eyes that maybe they finally have a cutthroat qb. Time will tell on that but he was sharp and the last drive was nice regardless of who it was against.