• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ponder-pic too funny not to post

haleysgold

Bridgewater looks like hes 16

Haha. I agree. Reports I'm hearing and reading indicate he works out like an adult. Has basically been here working out since he was drafted. He is working out at the U this week before training camp starts. If it were me, I'd be in Vegas enjoying my last few days of freedom.

I believe you have the wrong guy. That's where Johnny Football is and where he should stay...he might have a chance there.

I like what TB is doing. Keeping his nose clean and actually putting forth the effort a Rookie should be.

Beats the "I think I just shat my pants" expression on Blunders face.

I think TB is going to be really good....never had that feeling with Ponder at all.

It'll be an intersting camp this year in Mankato...my prediction is that TB will out-play Cassell at QB. Zimmer won't be afraid to start him game one either.

Looking forward to 2014 without the thought of Ponder leading this team!!

My prediction is way too many fans are buying into Bridgewater based on what he did at Louisville against defenses that were not that impressive. They are setting themselves up for a potentially huge letdown. I am going to let him get on the field and show what he can do against NFL defenses before I grab the crown and stick it on his head. I hope he turns out to be great but I am not guaranteeing it.

If you play the odds he won't be anything special. Year in and year out you have these teams searching for their QB with high hopes and barely any of them pan out. It's not that easy to be in the upper echelon of NFL QB's.

He's focused, puts in the work, and has some skills, hopefully it all comes together.

Cassel will be starting the season, if he stays healthy, and can sustain .500, he will be in the entire year. Teddy isnt ready to play in the NFL, and I am not sure he will ever be.

He's focused, puts in the work, and has some skills, hopefully it all comes together.
This is exactly why I like the guy. Now, if they come together he could be something special. Will be interesting to watch, but so far I like his work ethic.

Funny to read all the comments in this thread...the Vikes, like so many other teams, have struggled to find their franchise QB.

It's a crapshoot...everyone knows this...there have been very few guarantees.

Have to believe TB is, at least, above the curve according to our offensive coordinator...who has 30+ years in the league. He's not going to throw the kid under the bus...

He likes TB...has nothing but good things to say about him and I would bet he gets ample playing time this year. He's going to struggle for awhile...no doubt...but I think he has what it takes to compete in the North.

A whole new team this year...can't wait for it to get started!!

Funny to read all the comments in this thread...the Vikes, like so many other teams, have struggled to find their franchise QB.

It's a crapshoot...everyone knows this...there have been very few guarantees.

Have to believe TB is, at least, above the curve according to our offensive coordinator...who has 30+ years in the league. He's not going to throw the kid under the bus...

He likes TB...has nothing but good things to say about him and I would bet he gets ample playing time this year. He's going to struggle for awhile...no doubt...but I think he has what it takes to compete in the North.

A whole new team this year...can't wait for it to get started!!

Seriously- how many coaches have nothing but bad things to say about their first round draft picks at this time of the year?

Heck, even within the Vikings how many times have we heard that Ponder or Jackson had it figured out and were ready to be a starting QB?

You can't trust the lies,you can only trust your eyes and it will be a little while before we can see what he can do against an nfl defense.

Teddy isnt ready to play in the NFL, and I am not sure he will ever be.

Just wondering how you came to that conclusion? Not starting an argument, but I see no evidence to support that claim... I know we are 1,000 times bitten, 2,000 times shy as Viking's fans, and we have had no reason not to be with the T-Jacks and Ponders of our past, but due entirely to one lousy practice (which happened to be a pro-day workout, granted), TB fell from undisputed #1 pick to #32. That was a huge score for us, I believe. If he's not ready, don't rush him, but all evidence points to his skills translating to the NFL, and that this should happen much sooner than later. By all accounts he's quiet when he should be but vocal enough to ask the right questions. He's basically lived at the facility since the draft to learn the playbook, and he's one of very few QBs that ever come into the NFL with the ability to understand opposing defenses and make 2nd and 3rd reads (something Ponder still hasn't come close to doing). He knows what he needs to get better at, and by all accounts he works his rear end off trying to do just that. I'll say innocent until proven guilty based on everything I've read, everything I've seen, and the game tape I've watched...

+ 2 . I don't understand guys going into a new season, one in which we've actually MADE some big changes (like everyone, including me,obviously wanted) and some guys still have to look at the negative.

I'm not saying I see it all going from worst to first, but dang, lets at least give it a chance:)

I actually liked Cassell myself.......I think he will start and should get about 5-7 starts before the job is handed over to TB. But I will want to watch a bit more of training camp progression to see if that is the case. Heck if TB is that much better and far and away the #1 guy then by all means start him.