• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Teddy Bridgewater

klecker

Maybe the solution to those errant passes is better pass protection? I think part of the problem were his batted balls earlier in the year. Now he compensates more and that can lead to too high.

If we could draft a stud LT like that Kalil guy he would anchor the OL for a decade and make the whole offense look better.

I'm no expert but I've heard that 3 years is the average time to see if a guy is going to make it as a starter.  Lot's of variables also in judging the ability of a QB and giving him a fair assessment.  Bridgewater is the most hurried QB in the league with 48% of the time he's running for his life.  Even with that, the team has a good record.  If I remember right Rodgers took a couple of years before he took off.  Wilson I believe was good right off the bat in his first year and still great.  Carr was a great pick by Oakland and then Manziel  [sp]  has yet to prove he is the superman QB everyone was salivating over on draft day.  He could be good if he cleans up his off field issues.   I still have faith in Teddy, and I think he will improve as the offensive line improves also.  A good front line makes a lot of QB's look good.  good luck.

looks like AJ green was more responsible for that TD, not sure McCarron made the 2 steelers forget what tackling was.

Not a bad toss though.  Too bad he couldn't have made one or two more of those back 11/30/13.:whistle:

Definitely not sold on Teddy. Just haven't seen any major improvements whatsoever. I heard people say he had his best game as a pro against Arizona and the game ended with him losing the football and failing to even give his team a chance to win. Yea I know the line sucks blah blah

looks like AJ green was more responsible for that TD, not sure McCarron made the 2 steelers forget what tackling was.

Not a bad toss though.  Too bad he couldn't have made one or two more of those back 11/30/13.:whistle:

McCarron had as good of a game statistics wise in his first game of extended play than Teddy has had in 2 years. And he went in the 5th round.

This  weeks QB stats

NameTeamG QBRat Comp Att Yds Y/A Lng Int TD  Att Yds Y/A Lng TD  Sack SackYds  Fum FumL  
 Cam NewtonCAR1 153.3 15 21 265 12.6 74  1.3  19   
 Russell WilsonSEA1 139.6 23 32 292 9.1 49  6.0    
 Carson PalmerARI1 117.6 25 35 310 8.9 65  1.0  14   
 Jay CutlerCHI1 117.0 19 31 315 10.2 50  5.0  25   
 Tom BradyNWE1 116.8 22 30 226 7.5 45  10 2.5 13  29   
 Blake BortlesJAC1 114.6 16 30 250 8.3 80  17 4.3 15  24   
 Drew BreesNOR1 113.1 31 41 312 7.6 41  0.0  11   
 Ryan FitzpatrickNYJ1 108.9 21 36 263 7.3 69  23 7.7 19    
 Teddy BridgewaterMIN1 108.0 25 36 335 9.3 41  3.0  18   
 Kirk CousinsWAS1 104.2 24 31 300 9.7 32  13 3.3  25   
 Tarvaris JacksonSEA1 104.2 9.0  -3 -1.0 -1    
 Eli ManningNYG1 103.3 44 8.8 12  N/A    
 Aaron RodgersGNB1 99.5 22 35 218 6.2 24  27 9.0 16  13   
 Blaine GabbertSFO1 96.4 18 28 194 6.9 24  19 6.3 11  44   
 Johnny ManzielCLE1 92.1 21 31 270 8.7 34  15 2.1  19   
 AJ McCarronCIN1 90.6 22 32 280 8.8 66  2.7  18  0

.Not counting tonights game Teddy threw for the most yards over the weekend and had a better QB rating then both of your boys. AJ and Jonny football, So much for AJ being better then anytime Teddy has played...

Edited by Bobby Bass

This  weeks QB stats

I don't know if you're asking or telling but..........

McCarron had 2 TDs, something Bridgewater has only done ONCE this entire season.
McCarron had 280 yards, a number that Bridgewater has exceeded only 3 times all season.

Bridgewater is in his second full season. 
McCarron was playing in his first game and he didn't even start it. He didn't even play an entire game.

This  weeks QB stats

NameTeamG QBRat Comp Att Yds Y/A Lng Int TD  Att Yds Y/A Lng TD  Sack SackYds  Fum FumL  
 Cam NewtonCAR1 153.3 15 21 265 12.6 74  1.3  19   
 Russell WilsonSEA1 139.6 23 32 292 9.1 49  6.0    
 Carson PalmerARI1 117.6 25 35 310 8.9 65  1.0  14   
 Jay CutlerCHI1 117.0 19 31 315 10.2 50  5.0  25   
 Tom BradyNWE1 116.8 22 30 226 7.5 45  10 2.5 13  29   
 Blake BortlesJAC1 114.6 16 30 250 8.3 80  17 4.3 15  24   
 Drew BreesNOR1 113.1 31 41 312 7.6 41  0.0  11   
 Ryan FitzpatrickNYJ1 108.9 21 36 263 7.3 69  23 7.7 19    
 Teddy BridgewaterMIN1 108.0 25 36 335 9.3 41  3.0  18   
 Kirk CousinsWAS1 104.2 24 31 300 9.7 32  13 3.3  25   
 Tarvaris JacksonSEA1 104.2 9.0  -3 -1.0 -1    
 Eli ManningNYG1 103.3 44 8.8 12  N/A    
 Aaron RodgersGNB1 99.5 22 35 218 6.2 24  27 9.0 16  13   
 Blaine GabbertSFO1 96.4 18 28 194 6.9 24  19 6.3 11  44   
 Johnny ManzielCLE1 92.1 21 31 270 8.7 34  15 2.1  19   
 AJ McCarronCIN1 90.6 22 32 280 8.8 66  2.7  18  0

.Not counting tonights game Teddy threw for the most yards over the weekend and had a better QB rating then both of your boys. AJ and Jonny football, So much for AJ being better then anytime Teddy has played...

You're down to comparing Teddy to a first time ever starter and an alcoholic?

It's pretty bad that those are the best stats of Teddy's career and they're not that much better than McCarron's first ever game that he didn't come in to until the second quarter.

Hope the guy does well Dave, but's it's only one game to compare anyone too, not just Teddy.  I remember when Tommy Kramer came in for Fran Tarkenton in the 3rd quarter and threw 3 touchdown passes to win the game when we were behind and everyone thought he was going to be the next superstar [including me], but it was one game.  good luck.

You're down to comparing Teddy to a first time ever starter and an alcoholic?

But that "alcoholic" has had you sniffing his jock for years. He was going to be the next Joe Namath, Fran Tarkenton, Joe Theisman, Phil Simms, Joe Montana all rolled into one. The way you talked about him all NFL records should have been shattered by now. The only thing shattering about him is the fact that even after a rehab stint he still doesnt get it.

Yes, a quote I stand by. What of it?

Perhaps the fact that his one game stats weren't "as good" as Bridgewater's this week?

McCarron had as good of a game statistics wise in his first game of extended play than Teddy has had in 2 years. And he went in the 5th round.

The Arizona defense is certainly better than the Pittsburgh defense and a quick glance at overall total team defense and even team passing defense rankings Arizona is well ahead of Pittsburgh in both. I would say Teddy had a much tougher match-up.

Mn also had to play on the road with only 4 days rest and Cincinnati got to play at home with a full weeks rest.

I don't think anyone here would dispute McCarron had a nice game filling in. It will be interesting to see if he is still starting when the Bengals face Denver on the road on MNF in a couple weeks. The way its shaping up neither team will be resting starters and playing for AFC playoff seeding.

Hope the guy does well Dave, but's it's only one game to compare anyone too, not just Teddy.  I remember when Tommy Kramer came in for Fran Tarkenton in the 3rd quarter and threw 3 touchdown passes to win the game when we were behind and everyone thought he was going to be the next superstar [including me], but it was one game.  good luck.

Tommy Kramer was one of the best QBs in Vikings history............

But that "alcoholic" has had you sniffing his jock for years. He was going to be the next Joe Namath, Fran Tarkenton, Joe Theisman, Phil Simms, Joe Montana all rolled into one. The way you talked about him all NFL records should have been shattered by now. The only thing shattering about him is the fact that even after a rehab stint he still doesnt get it.

But this conversation, and my comments had nothing to do with JF, did they?

Perhaps the fact that his one game stats weren't "as good" as Bridgewater's this week?

Of course they were. McCarron didn't come in to the game until the 2nd Quarter, Teddy played the entire game. Teddy has never thrown more than 2 TDs in a game in his entire career.

Not until you brought him up it didnt.

Wrong again. You better read the thread again and see who brought him up. Here's a hint.........it wasn't me.

The Arizona defense is certainly better than the Pittsburgh defense and a quick glance at overall total team defense and even team passing defense rankings Arizona is well ahead of Pittsburgh in both. I would say Teddy had a much tougher match-up.

LOL

49ers, Raiders and Chargers are all lower than Pittsburgh in total team defense stats. How did Teddy do in those games? LOL.

But that "alcoholic" has had you sniffing his jock for years. He was going to be the next Joe Namath, Fran Tarkenton, Joe Theisman, Phil Simms, Joe Montana all rolled into one. The way you talked about him all NFL records should have been shattered by now.

I see CM is still playing checkers while we're playing chess... 

Heh heh. 

Love it. 

I see CM is still playing checkers while we're playing chess... 

Heh heh. 

Love it. 

More like you are playing jenga and just pulled the piece that just had the entire tower fall down.

I will wait for JM to have a breakout game so you guys can start waiving his flag again. Heh heh is right.

I will wait for JM to have a breakout game so you guys can start waiving his flag again. Heh heh is right.

You mean like the game he had against the Steelers where he had more passing yards than Teddy has ever had in a single game or the game against a common opponent (49ers) where he put up more yards and more TD's than Teddy did?

You mean like the game he had against the Steelers where he had more passing yards than Teddy has ever had in a single game or the game against a common opponent (49ers) where he put up more yards and more TD's than Teddy did against the same opponent?

More like you are playing jenga and just pulled the piece that just had the entire tower fall down.

So is that a "king me"? 

lolololol 

So far in 2015 -- essentially his second season as an NFL starter -- Bridgewater has passed for 2,733 yards, nine TDs and eight interceptions, through 13 games. The Louisville product has a 65.3 completion percentage and an 85.3 passer rating. 

Eerily similar. 

In what amounted to his second year as a starter, in 2012, a 24-year-old Ponder performed better than Vikings fans might remember. That season, the former Florida State Seminole passed for 2,935 yards, 18 TDs, and 12 interceptions, with a 62.1 completion percentage and an 81.2 rating. Most importantly, he produced a 10-6 record and a playoff berth

bridgewater ponder.jpg