• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, one yr I picked morels using paper bags and hurt the population for yrs at them spots. Since then I've used onion and potato sacks and now they seem to continue to grow in them spots better.

Unless it was just coincidence?

I agree, why take the chance for a cheap mesh bag. wink

Awesome stuff Lunker, I am jealous I've still never actually found one of those cursed shrooms. I have searched for them, although I've been told you need Elm trees, well in my area we don't have Elms... Either way, well done on the find!

jpz

I have looked all over the Brainard area as well and have never found any of them. Not saying someone may have but I wounder if the sandy soil is not the best for them to grow in up there? I have also spent some time above CrossLake off the Old Grade road because I heard someone found some up there and did not find any either? I hope you do find them as I need a new spot to check on the weekends up at the camper! wink

jpz

I have looked all over the Brainard area as well and have never found any of them. Not saying someone may have but I wounder if the sandy soil is not the best for them to grow in up there?

It's pure sugar sand here and they are growing good

uote=leech~~]jpz

I have looked all over the Brainard area as well and have never found any of them. Not saying someone may have but I wounder if the sandy soil is not the best for them to grow in up there? [/quo

It's pure sugar sand here and they are growing good

North Branch is sandier then Brainard? Huum could be a toss up. Have fun trying to dig an outhouse hole up there! laugh

I have picked plenty in the Brainerd area, near Crosby, Aitkin, and in the Cross Lake and Hackensack areas. They are there, JP!!!

If all else fails, find an old apple orchard in the woods. You can pick a mix of yellows and blacks in the same area??

Nothing in the Bemidji area as of Sunday, as for last night and this morning... I will have have to wait and see! I'm headed out in about 20 mins.!

None. I have been out once, in the Bemidji area. I did find about 30 ticks though!

Trip this a.m. got trumped. Going tonight instead. This sun after all of that rain should really get things kicked into gear!