• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow Changes?

the man

What does everyone else shoot for an arrow rest? Have used a whisker biscuit for a few years now and thinking about making a switch to a drop away rest. Suggestions? What kind of sight do you use and how do you like it? Just want to make some upgrades after I'm done hunting.

Thanks

I've got a QAD ultra rest hdx and I really like it, and my sight is a G5 optix xr2 has a single pin and one floater. I like the single pin out to 30 yards I really have no need for the floater, I don't ever plan on taking a shot over 30 yards where that floating pin would come into play. It's fun to play with practicing at longer ranges though.

I switched from a whisker biscut to a QAD ultra-rest with Lock Down and love it. It improved my accuracy to the point where I am rubbing arrows at 25 yds constantly. It has been the most noticeable improvement to my bow after I had done new arrows, broadheads, sights, and vibration dampening accessories, and it has made the biggest difference by far. Highly recommended from me!

Can't go wrong with either a Ripcord or QAD, I have the Ripcord and love it... my buddies all have the QAD and love theirs... so...

Sights, well there are a ton of options out there as well, I really like the Black Gold sights and that's what I have tied on my bow. Spott Hogg is another great line of sights, my buddy has the 7 deadly pins model and it's a fantastic sight. Spendy, but sweet.

As you can see from the responces, there are many good drop-aways out there. I shoot a Trophy Taker myself, but whichever one you decide on, just make sure it has full containment. That means you can tilt your bow in any direction, even upside down and when it comes time to draw, the rest will still pick up your shaft.