• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

3 pound Arizona MONSTER bluegills!

mr_jman

The Pond Boss himself is pictured, Bruce Condello.

To quote a friend of mine, a fisheries management Ph.D. candidate that is working on private ponds, "you can do anything with fish and wildlife when you have private lands and the money to move mountains!"

Private ponds can be a lot of fun. Caught a several of these from a private pond in Wisconsin. Most went right around 12 inches. AaronsPhone142.jpg

The pond isn't managed to specifically grow large fish. It was stocked years ago and left alone for the fish to do what fish do.

Also caught several of these from the same pond 1-2 acre pond.

AaronsPhone094.jpg

Big women need lovin too!

I find all my huge bass in little 1 acre farm ponds where there are thousands of little bluegills(no one keeps them) and the bass are to be let go each time and hardle anybody knows about it. All these bass do is eat little bluegills and get huge!! I would find schools of bass where the smallest I would find is 6.5 pounds and I would catch them all the way up to almost 10 lbs. and many in the middle around 8. They would travel in groups and chase bluegills in the weeds and I could watch them just cruise around. I wish I could find that pond again.