• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Golden Gophers

JBMasterAngler

I love Pat Reusse's quote on the $800,000 in the Strib:

"If you really want to agitate a boatload of hard-working Scandinavians, give them the impression that you've taken $800,000 and basically burned it in the middle of a parking lot".

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOLDEN GOPHERS ARE BOWL BOUND!!! We'll probably end up in a better bowl game than we deserve to be in since Ohio State and Penn State are banned, but more importantly we'll get that extra 5 weeks or so of practice to benefit us in the long run. Would be really nice to get an upset in one of our final 2 games.

Nebraska would certainly be an upset but I think that Michigan State at home is a winnable. I'm not ready to crown Jerry Kill as a golden god but he's making some good steps. If they can take this year's record and add another Big 10 win next season, then we've got something to talk about.

Does it really matter?

Going to a "bowl game" with this team is a waste of time, in fact, there is no reason to have these ridiculous no-name bowl games anyway. If the program and its fans had any pride they'd decline any and all invitations, instead of sighing a breath of relief when you hit that magical 6-win plateau. Way to set the bar high.

Pathetic.

The "Our Family Bag of Frozen Peas and Carrots Bowl" sounds like a good one to go to. smirk

Seriously, "going to a bowl game" is a joke when you limp in with just enough wins (against cupcakes) to be "bowl eligible", and this entire thing is built around the mental midget thought process that everybody deserves a participation ribbon because we have to be "fair" to the kids. Disappointment is a good life lesson, too. Play better next time and earn it.

If you're not one of the top 6, 8, or 10 teams in the country, then go home. You're done. You don't deserve it.

There's too much money involved to not have all these bowl games. Even though conferences like the WAC and sunbelt are usually pretty pathetic, they still deserve the chance to play in a bowl and be on national tv. It's also a chance for NFL scouts to watch how players can perform against teams from other conferences.

That's correct...it's not the NCAA begging for all these bowl games. Corporate America is handing it to them.

Take it for what it is and go play the games. I don't think anybody takes any of them (but 1) very seriously anyway.

I read the letter he sent to Kill last night. Not sure it was a good idea for him to post that to the web. He came across as whinny, spoiled, and it appears he has a huge ego. I don't think he is operating in the same reality as the rest of the team, coaches, or training staff.

Way to tough it out you big baby......ya Jerry Kill seems impossible to play for.

Agreed and there is a reason why he is a Junior wide receiver who led the team in receptions and wasn't awarded a football scholarship. The kid said he wasn't looking for handouts but he said he would get his dad to pay for his college. Isn't that a handout that he would be receiving?

AJ's twitter feed: I think he's got a few screws loose.

AJ Barker ‏@A_Barker_82

The calm before the storm.

AJ Barker ‏@A_Barker_82

You're gonna hate him, then you'll want me, then you'll miss him, then you'll hate me....Girl I know you so well. Yeah I know your routine.

AJ Barker ‏@A_Barker_82

Word for the wise: Don't play mind games with someone who has a stronger mind than you.

AJ Barker ‏@A_Barker_82

You look really pathetic when you take advantage of people.

AJ Barker ‏@A_Barker_82

Anyone who says 'winning is the only thing that matters' needs to play more videogames or become a mathematician.I care who I beat/how I win

AJ Barker ‏@A_Barker_82

If we're fighting and you kick me when I'm down, more power to you....but don't kick me when I'm handcuffed. That'll come back to haunt you.

AJ Barker ‏@A_Barker_82

There are times when life forces you to either learn from a situation or become victim to it...Life's 10% what happens and 90% how you react

AJ Barker ‏@A_Barker_82

The Weeknd f*ckin' bangs!! #imonit #repeateverysong #getenlightened

AJ Barker ‏@A_Barker_82

She said when she takes me back I'll be in the dog house....Breaks my heart after everything I did for her. There will be brighter days.

AJ Barker ‏@A_Barker_82

Unlike you, I don't have anything to hide. I don't pretend to have any shame. #TheWeeknd

AJ Barker ‏@A_Barker_82

Im taking a stand and making it official..Im anti-serial daters...Ladies, we all know who you are. #StayHydrated

AJ Barker ‏@A_Barker_82

I miss her. Its driving me crazy.. All I think about is how im going to cherish every second with her when I get her back. I'll be her best.

I understand he worked his hinder off to get where he was. He needs to realize the team and the University owe him NOTHING!!!!

Good chance he'll never get a scholorship playing for another team. No one wants a quitting cry-baby.

He blew any chance of getting to the NFL. No one wants a millionare quitting cry-baby.

See ya later ya big baby.