• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Golden Gophers

JBMasterAngler

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Called being realistic Big Dave, I do not live in fantasy world hoping the Gophers can win in the Big 10. Yes, we can win those other games when we play less of an opponent but when it comes to the Big Ten, we suck.

Let's talk when the Gophers can at least be a .500 team in the Big 10.

That will be a few years for sure. Keep living in your fantasy world.

Called being realistic Big Dave, I do not live in fantasy world hoping the Gophers can win in the Big 10. Yes, we can win those other games when we play less of an opponent but when it comes to the Big Ten, we suck.

Let's talk when the Gophers can at least be a .500 team in the Big 10.

That will be a few years for sure. Keep living in your fantasy world.

Harvey you better read my post again. I was saying that your prediction of 2 wins in the big 10 is a bit optimistic. My prediction would be 0 wins in the big ten. I am certainly NOT living in a fantasy world, my favorite college football team happens to be #1 in the BCS polls this week.

Gophers athletic director Norwood Teague graduated from the University of North Carolina, so he is well aware of his alma mater's reputation as a basketball school.

Apparently, Teague and Jerry Kill operate under the assumption that the Tar Heels suddenly are a football powerhouse, too.

The Gophers backed out of their home-and-home series with North Carolina in 2013-14 in favor of trying to find a lesser opponent. The kicker is even more of a doozy: The Gophers paid North Carolina $800,000 to cancel the series. That's right, an athletic department that struggles to make budget every year is forking over $800,000 to avoid playing North Carolina.

That would be comical if it weren't so pathetic.

We're not talking about canceling a game against Alabama. Or Southern California. Or even South Carolina.

No, somehow Kill has convinced Teague that for the good of building his program, it's wise if they avoid playing a road game against an opponent that presumably resides in their weight class.

Unreal.

The Gophers paid North Carolina $800,000 to cancel the series. That's right, an athletic department that struggles to make budget every year is forking over $800,000 to avoid playing North Carolina.

I'm pretty sure the gopher athletic dept has been coming up about 1 or 2 million short for a while now.

Well, the Gophers have found out that North Dakota and South Dakota are over their heads too so they can't play them anymore. They might be able to find a couple of high school teams in the Minnesota River conference they could beat. grin

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I don't know about that LMIT...the Lions had all tney could handle on their home turf to boot. laugh

OK,

let's get it back on topic....

paying 800,000 to dodge any game by the Gophers is absurd.