• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Meat Sales

Do I haveta??? OK, only for you foodies. :grin: After cutting up the steaks in 1 1/2" sq chunks, I just mix about 1/2 to 1/3 cup (depending on how much steak you have, this covers about one lb of steak chunks) Teriyaki glaze/sauce with about 2 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce, and a couple of dashes of soy sauce. Marinate overnite in the 'fridge in a Ziploc bag, with the air forced out. Turn occasionally. After threading the meat, peppers, onions, 'm'rooms on the oiled skewers, I baste them in Zesty Italian dressing and let sit covered for another hour.Baste with this while cooking also. That's it!

The last stuff I ate where the cook was pretty well marinated was on Beaverhouse and was pretty much inedible.  

Oh, and momma prefers tenderloin since she leans towards  well done type meat.  Me, if it done on the outside... that's close enough.

Edited by delcecchi

Cub this week has baby back ribs for 2.99 lb. !!!!  Boneless pork chops for 2.99 lb.  Perdue chicken drums or thighs for 88 cents lb.  Perdue bnls skinless breast for 2.99 lb.  Beef boneless bottom round, eye of round, or sirloin tip roast for 4.99 lb.  Boneless  pork center cut roast  2.49 lb.  and Atlantic salmon filliets for 5.99 lb.

County Market has a bogo on Boneless pork country style ribs.  Boneless beef strip steaks for 9.99 lb.  Boneless pork sirloin chops for 2.49 lb.  Boneless pork sirloin roast for 2.29 lb.  Boneless eye of round roast for 4.69 lb.  3 pound frozen bag of Farm Fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts for 6.99 each.  good luck.

I'm going to get a Costco card tomorrow.  Time to get case price pork butts and a few more loins.  I missed a great coupon deal at Cubs for this week.  85% lean ground beef in 3 pound tubes for 9.99 each  limit 2.  good luck.

We have cards to both but find ourselves at costco most of the time. Sam's carry certain things we go after,  but all in all we prefer costco....even though it's usually twice as busy.

Royce is lucky, if you don't have a major mall or Costco close to you, you're living in the right place.  I half live in the right place.  If I leave my house and drive West I can go ten miles in ten minutes.  If I got East I can go 3 miles in 10 minutes and the Costco in Maple Grove is still a pain to get to.

Cub this week has a great price on bone-in strip steaks.  $6.99 lb !!!   Bone in pork country style ribs are $1.99 lb.  there is a bogo on Hormel seasoned pork fillets also.  Bone in center cut pork chops are 2.99 lb.  93% lean ground beef in 3 pound tubes are $4.59 lb.  Beef shoulder or boneless chuck roasts are 4.99 lb.  Chicken thighs or drumsticks are 1.49 lb.  Beef cube or stew meat is 4.99 lb.

County market has a weak ad this week.  Pork boneless pork chops for $2 lb limit 3 packs.  Boneless beef top round roasts for 4.99 lb.  Boneless top round steak for 5.49 lb.  Boneless bottom round steak for 3.99 lb.  Atlantic Salmon fillets for 6.99 lb.  good luck.

Cub this week has beef T-bones on for 7.99 lb.  80% lean ground beef for 2.99 lb. [sold in 3 lb. tubes] or Jennio 90% lean ground turkey for 2.99 lb sold in 3 pound amounts.  8 pcs. mixed or 10 pcs. all dark fried chicken from the deli for 5.99 each. Beef bottom round roasts for 4.99 lb. [good cut for jerky].  Baby back ribs for 3.99 lb.  Perdue whole fryers are 1.29 lb. and boneless half pork loins for 2.99 lb.

County Market has boneless pork chops on for 10 for $10 [ around 40 oz.].  Mix or match on 24oz GoldnPlump drums or thighs 4 packs for $10.  Fresh pork ribs 4lbs. for $10.  2 lbs. of boneless beef bottom round roasts or steaks for $10.

Hy Vee has whole bone-in pork loins for $1.49 lb.  These whole pork loins are normally 15 or more pounds whole.  The ad says to ask them to cut them up for you.  Unless you have the equipment I would have them cut them up for you for sure.  Make sure you tell them to chime the bone for you prior to cutting them into roasts or chops.  I would have the sirloin end for a roast and the rib end for a roast and the rest into chops.  They also have pork tenderloins for 3..48 lb.  Boneless beef sirloin stk. for 5.99 lb. and bottom round steak for 4.99 lb.  good luck.

Cub this week has 3 pound frozen boneless chicken breasts for 4.99 each on coupon.  Bone-in center cut pork chops or half boneless pork loins for 2.59 lb.  Atlantic salmon fillets for 5.99 lb. and beef boneless chuck roasts for 4.99 lb.

County Market has beef boneless chuck roasts for 3.98 lb.  Fresh bone-in pork butt roasts for 1.48 lb.  Pork boneless pork country style ribs for 2.29 lb.  52 oz pack of GoldnPlump cut up 8 piece chicken for 5.99 each.  24 oz. selected varieties. Boneless skinless GoldnPlump seasoned chicken breast fillets for 5.99 each  16 oz. Essential everyday sliced bacon for 3.99 each.  good luck.

Cub this week had a nice roast sale going on.  Bonless USDA Choice chuck roasts, arm roasts, eye of round roasts, bottom round roasts, and Sirloin tip roasts all for 3.99 lb. !!  85% lean ground beef sold in 3 pound tubes for 3.99 lb.  Cub chicken drumsticks or thighs for 1.29 lb.  And a great buy on Bone-in Choice Strip Steaks for 6.99 lb.

County Market has a great buy on Choice boneless strip steaks for 6.99 lb.  Coupon for Elliott's bacon for 2 for $7.  Hormel always tender pork loin fillets for 6.88 each.  Bogo on 20 oz boneless skinless chicken breast.  Choice T-bones for 8.99 lb.  Assorted pork chops for 1.99 lb.  Center cut pork chops for 2.29 lb.  Boneless Eye of round steak for 4.99 lb.  Pork spare ribs for 2.49 lb.

I haven't been to HI Vee yet.  I 've looked at their ad's.  Wondered what their "prefered Angus" grade of beef is.  I don't know this as I said, however I had a buddy tell me that has shopped there that the prefered Angus is "Select" grade  They have choice in their service case but select in the meat case he told me.  Wonder if anyone can confirm this but I tend to believe him.  For example they have boneless bottom round roast in their add for 5.99 lb. which is Cubs regular price unless it's on sale.  That's no deal.  Then in the same ad they have bottom round roast in the "prefered" grade for 3.99 lb.  That makes me believe that it is Select.  So I will go there soon to check it out but if true then their case meat is no different than Walmart and not worth advertising.  My buddy asked the butcher at Hi Vee about the prefered grade and the butcher told him it was select but the best select.  LOL, In my opinion there is nothing best about select except for grinding.  good luck.

We shop at HiVee because my wife likes it.  Yes, that is my understanding about the meat, it is choice in the case and select in the packages. 

As for walmart, I think their meat all comes packages from who knows where with the packages filled with Carbon Monoxide or something to keep the meat looking good.  I have had a few bad experiences with Walmart meat, so no longer buy it. 

Cub is OK, but sort of inconvenient for me.  Costco and Sams are both good. 

Oh, Kwik Trip has 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast for 3.99 a package.