• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Meat Sales

They are!!  Now, if we can get Del over that way to get some....:lol:

Way across town and it is just me any my wife.  She doesn't eat much, and I shouldn't...

And there is always costco.  I don't see how they can sell those rotisserie chickens for that price.  And they are very good.  4.99 for a big chicken, cooked.  

And on that note, here is another recipe, using a rotisserie chicken.

Chicken Fajita Soup

1 whole Rotisserie Chicken

2 T vegetable oil

3 Carrots, sliced

1 Onion, chopped

3 stalks Celery, chopped

1 Jalapeno Pepper, chopped

4 cups Chicken broth

28 oz can Stewed Tomatoes

15 oz can Black Beans, drained and rinsed

1 cup Frozen Corn

2 Tbsp  Fajita Seasoning (to taste)

1/2 tsp Thyme

Cayenne to taste. 

Pick meat off chicken.  Discard skin and bones. 

Heat the vegetable oil in big pot, and cook carrot, onion, celery, and jalapeno until soft. 

Add rest of ingredients and simmer for awhile to blend flavors. 

Penzeys Fajita seasoning has salt in it so you may not need any extra. 

Serve with sour cream, avocados, fritos. 

Notes: 

Penzy's Fajita seasoning is best, but I used Ortega last time and it was fine.  I also added a little water because the soup wasn't soupy enough. 

No real changes in the ads this week which is typical for holiday ads.  Turkeys are still 98 cents a pound  at Cubs with no additional purchase.  They did ad bone-in strip roasts for 6.99 lb and bone-in rib roasts for 8.99 lb.

Same with County Market.  They still vary in price on turkeys with additional purchase depending how much you spend.  They added boneless ribeye roasts for 10.99lb.  good luck.

Might have to hit that on Saturday. 

You'll get hooked on SL. 'Course, I've been going there since the mid 60's...used to ride my bike down there for breakfast cereal.  Still "smells" the same to me.  I remember delivering the early morning  papers down by there, and the bakery smells would be rolling out at 6:00 am....maybe it's nostalgia. :grin:

Maybe....."with age comes wisdom". When I went to Mayo this summer for a shot, the nurse asked me twice how old I was, and explained she did because "you sure look a lot younger than that!" I think she wanted a date. Musta been the sculpted body. Flattery will getcha nowhere. LOLOL :grin::grin:

Edited by RebelSS

Yep, Erdmans.  It just came to me.  But you beat me to it. Long before 85 I was living where I live now in SW, and wife was shopping at Barlows.  And sometimes Just Rite. She still remembers old Mr Just, from back in the day. 

Daryl Erdman, If I recall correctly. 

Maybe....."with age comes wisdom". When I went to Mayo this summer for a shot, the nurse asked me twice how old I was, and explained she did because "you sure look a lot younger than that!" I think she wanted a date. Musta been the sculpted body. Flattery will getcha nowhere. LOLOL :grin::grin:

as we get older it seems the compliments from the ladies get to be a rare thing.  About 14 years ago the nurse at my son's pediatrician I always seemed to see when he was there asked me one time if I had a twin brother, since I was married.  Obviously that one I still remember since I'm telling it today.  God love nurses!!!