• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Meat Sales

wait a minute...my post got hosed and showed up before yours at a page break.  I think I'm getting censored finally.  I will cut and paste.

yeah, fill us in Reb!  Don't post anything when she's there but fill us in right away when she leaves!  Get her picture too, tell her its for your screen saver on your phone.  

One tip, if you have any of her cookies left that you didn't like throw them away.  Tell her they were so good you ate em all.  

Also, if she's pro-slavery like you feed her a shrimp cocktail to start.

Remember the movie Sleeping with the Enemy?  I'm envision Reb as the curly haired guy who Julia Roberts moved in next to.  She makes him a pie and the rest is history.  This is like a HSO soap opera.  Keep the espisodes coming Reb.

Edited by leechlake

If JULIA ROBERTS moved in next to me, pie or no pie, the rest would be history. Turn the heat up, a bowl of chilled large shrimp, a few clear ice cubes, some melty chocolate, a bit of bubbly, a little Santana playin in the background.....uh, I better stop there. :whistle:  Wonder if I should plug in the red lava lite.....naaa, I'll light the balsam-scented candles...

Dang it! Look what you and Smurf have started now!!!   :angry:    Back to the thread!!! Meat sales!

Edited by RebelSS

I was so proud, we had the simple Meat Sales thread heading right into the basement and then you caught us.  Back to meat sales, what's in the Sunday ads?

I bought  Butterball for 99 cents at Target today, the other brand was 79 cents but they didn't have one big enough for what I needed.  Aldi has Prime Rib Roasts for $5.99 a pound but none in stock so they are actually going for nothing! 

"Aldi has Prime Rib Roasts for $5.99 a pound but none in stock so they are actually going for nothing!"

Are you currently taking any prescription medications?   Uh oh....Vern!!!!

Edited by RebelSS

rh, the skills are there, believe me. If my body/legs hadn't of gone to heck in the last couple, it would be far easier for me to head north again every weekend, get out there and get those snotrockets. And the Waldos and perch....made a lot of pickled chunks outta those hammer-handles :/.

2pyce3s.jpg

qy75uw.jpg

2ms0rv8.jpg

ff31hx.jpg

Edited by RebelSS

Sorry to hear that.  The pike in the bottom pic are great size for this.  Really would love for all of us on this forum to be closer so we could at least share fish to those who have a rough time getting out.  I am hoping for a Grindstone GTG this winter. Probably wont be until February for that lake freezes last in the area because it's so deep.  Like to meet you and the others there.  good luck.

Ya, me too, thanks, rh. Body/legs got pretty trashed. Three spinal surgeries. I don't yap about it. Be glad for what you have and can do. It can change in a minute. Had to sell that shack, auger, Showdown last year. Felt like someone kicked me in the guts. BUT, I did keep the ton of rods, reel, tackle, gear, blah blah. Just need someone to go with...and MNCPRGUY on here got a hold of me, we live about 8 miles apart! Sounds like we'll have something working out...I've got the big 4x4, he's got the shack and ATV's......here's hopin'! :grin:

Cub has a big ad this week.  Smithfield bone-in ham portions for 1.49 lb.  Bone-in beef choice rib roasts for 8.99 lb.  Beef bone-in choice NY Strip Roasts for 5.99 lb.  Cooks or Cure 81 spirial bone-in hams for 1.98 lb.  Beef boneless chuck, shoulder, eye, bottom round or sirloin tip roasts for 4.99lb.  Wild snow crab clusters or wild frozen sockeye salmon fillets for 6.99 lb.  Leg of lamb 5.99 lb. and boneless skinless chicken breasts for 2.49 lb.

County Market has a coupon for Farm Fresh bone-in smoked half ham for 98 cents lb. with $25 purchase.  Choice beef boneless beef rib roast for 9.98 lb. Boneless top round roasts for 3.99 lb.  Boneless sirloin tip roast for 3.99 lb.  Boneless top sirloin roasts for 4.99 lb.  Boneless fresh pork loin roast 2.49 lb.

The smithfield bone in hams are actually $.88/lb by me as they are price matching.  need to have a $25 purchase.....which was easy for me....as I also purchased one of the NY Strip Roasts.  That will be rubbed in Tatonka and then smoked to deliciousnes....drooling as I'm typing.

Cooks or Cure 81 spirial bone-in hams for 1.98 lb......... or wild frozen sockeye salmon fillets for 6.99 lb.

These are really good deals.  We just got a cure 81 last week, and that salmon is as good a deal as you'll find for wild caught sockeye.

Cubs this week has Beef T-Bone steaks or Snow Crab clusters for 6.99 lb.  85% ground beef in 3 pound tubes for 2.99 lb.  Pork bone-in pork chops for 2.49 lb.  Farmland bacon 16 oz. packs 3.99 each.  Atlantic salmon fillets 5.99 lb.  Pork baby back ribs 3.99 lb.  2.5 lb. frozen bags Tyson boneless chicken breasts 5.99 each.

County Market has Beef boneless NY strip steaks for 6.98 lb.  80% ground beef for 2.48 lb.  Beef bottom round steaks 3.99 lb.  Pork spareribs 2.59 lb.  Pork assorted chops 1.99 lb.  Beef boneless rump roast 3.69 lb.  GoldnPlump whole fryers 4.99 each. Pork center cut pork chops 2.29 lb.  good luck.

Down here in lala land, Silver Lake Foods has 93% ground beet for $2.99 lb, and generic hickory smoked bacon for $1.99 lb, top sirloin steak for $3.99 lb. Over at Fareway, boneless chicken breast, $1.88 lb, beer or bratwurst links, $1.88 lb, sirloin tip steaks $4.88 lb., bread and butter beef roasts $5.99 lb. Walmart still has the bags of extra large cooked shrimp for $6.99...still the cheapest I've seen.

Man what is going on!!  With prices like that you and Del could retire [Wait, I think Del is, I think].  Are those slavery shrimp Reb?  Well at least the cocktail sauce should be from the good ol USA.  Seen some of those shrimp at Walmart today.  Almost got some.  Big suckers for 11.99 for a 15 count raw.  Have to go to Walmart for my mother-in laws pads.  Only brand she likes.  good luck.

don't remind him.  He missed the news and bought two bags of slave shrimp a few weeks ago.  I think it was when the neighbor gal kept visiting him but now with the snow they can't hide their tracks back and forth.  

I'm sure the normal shrimp emloyees have a grand life compared to the slave workers.

Reb,  If you really want to impress the neighbor lady, they have whole beef briskets at Walmart for 2.49 lb.  But they are USDA Select , but 100% from the USA.  I must admit though the more I looked at those large shrimp [raw] the less I cared about slavery all of the sudden.  Besides I wouldn't feel so bad about buying them because they still had the shell on so less labor involved.  good luck.

RH, double checked, they're 12 oz slave shrimp.....still a good price, IMO. And no, I do NOT want to impress that pesky neighbor woman. Us retired guys like our peace and quiet. :grin:   Ack, select grade beef?? Alpo dog food fixin's. These are the shrimp, says "sold only at Walmart". Guess that answers the question if mbungo and his family are shelling them for 5 cents a day, or the going rate.

Cooked Extra Large Shrimp, 12 oz

Edited by RebelSS