• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2012-2013 Gophers

Scott M

Tubbys all time record in the big ten- 44-58. Hes never finished higher then 6th place. Those are facts and they speak for themselves. Not hard to get to 20 wins when more then half of them come in the nonconference schedule against the South Dakota St's of the world. Keep talking like hes the best ever. I suppose its all the players fault though, huh?

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask Blake Hofbauer how good of a coach he is. Move one of the best shooting guards in the country to point. Instead of wrecking one position he decided to wreck two positions. If he didn"t have at least one guy on the bench who could bring the ball up the court after Nolen got hurt, thats great recruiting. Thats all a player would have to do is get it into the front court.

Midway through the second half in todays Iowa game. We start out on fire. They make an adjustment by going into a zone. We fold. We are done. We have no clue how to handle the zone. Yet Tubby keeps running the SAME thing that DOESNT work. HORRIBLE coaching. He is getting terribly outcoached. I dare you to try and defend today's coaching. I mean, I understand this zone thing is new and nobody has really ever seen one before....or wait....has it been around for decades??? remind me again.

We were up by 16 and are now down by 10 with no clue how to attack a zone. Go ahead and explain how this isnt Tubby's fault. Even the announcers are puzzled why we dont attack it instead of thowing the ball around the perimeter. THAT DOES NOT WORK...HELLO! Time to try something else, eh?

OHMYGOSH. What a pathetic display. As soon as they went to the zone, we had no answer. My frustration is starting to turn to apathy. at this pace, we will be NIT first round losers. I seriously think St. Thomas would beat us handily if they played zone. I wonder if in this day and age if other teams scout us at all? (sarcasm) Cuz if they do, we wont win again unless we drasticly change our approach. Fire Tubby and find someone with a clue.

Anxiously awaiting to learn how this wasnt Tubby's flop.

Say, I wanted to comment about one thing earlier. Juice mentioned that Tubby wasnt at fault for Hoffarber's ball handling. First, Tubby has 2 defections (Cobbs and Joseph). Second, Blake was NOT a pg. He was a shooting guard. Tubby played him out of position and then took the gutless way out and publicly threw him under the bus. I remember that well and I lost all respect for Tubby as a person. To publicly critize a player for doing all he could do to help a team by playing out position was absolutely wrong. Would you criticize Mbakwe if he tried to play point guard? Note also that Rodney earlier this year felt that the starters were thrown under the bus. Sampson (and no, I am not a Sampson fan) also got thrown under the bus and publicly blamed by Tubby. You dont do that and retain the respect of players and bring in top level talent.

Another loss to a team of schlubs! If they wind up missing the cut for the Big Dance (this team suddenly appears fully capable of losing to IN, Penn St., OH St., NE, and Purdue) look at this one and the loss to Northworstern as 2 big reasons why. Absotively nothing positive about their performance today. P.U.! sick

Nice adjustments by the Iowa coaching staff. They had to change things up to get back into the game, going with a full court press and what looked like a 2-3 match up zone. I'm sure the Hawkeyes were waiting for the Gophers to make a counter move but walla, they were able to stay in that zone the rest of the game. Let's face it, the best we can do now is 9-9 in the conference, but that would include a win against Purdue which will probably not happen. We may have to make a deep run in the conference tourney to secure a spot in the dance. NIT with this team after a 15-1 start is not acceptable, I know who most of us think should be held accountable DR. J.!!!

Unbelievable. Does Tubby know what a zone defense is? We stand there with 3 guys passing it around the perimeter until there is no time on the shot clock then throw it away. I did not see them have somebody running the baseline once. It was wide open the entire time they were running the zone.

Then there is Otto Osieneks. I have know idea how he is playing DI basketball. He is suppose to be a 3 point shooter, but he's shooting somewhere around 10% from behind the line, most of the misses being air balls. Then the boneheaded passes that turn to lay ups for Iowa.

I did not watch the game as I was fishing for most of the day and did not want to be glued to the radio, and I was not going to sit up until 3am watching a replay. I do know this; Iowa is a tough place to play for any team. They are not a easy win for anybody. This has got to be the strongest the big ten has been in a very very long time. All they need is 3 more wins and they're into the dance. And in all honesty who knows what will happen then.

I didn't see a lick of the game, but I read about it, and it's not surprising. Tubby coaches mentally fragile teams, leaves them woefully unprepared, and instills no confidence in them.

They will make the NCAA tournament, but it's looking like another one and done, which is a huge disappointment for this team. I predict they will lose their next 2 and win their last 3. That puts them .500 in the conference, 21 wins, a good shot to win an opening round matchup in the BTT. Still a huge disappointment. Yes, the Big Ten is deep, but they have the better talent over Iowa, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Illinois. Win those games and they'd be 13-5 in the conference and ranked. Tubby makes too much and the expectations should be high enough that anything other than a Sweet 16 should be a disappointment.

I was out fishing also and did not see the game.... fished for over twenty four hours in a buddys wheelhouse on an overnighter and caught 2 fish. Weather was terrible right along with the fishing. BUT i garuntee it was better then watching another pathetic display of basketball by the gophs. 51 points again? My god, pick the best 5 intermural all stars at the U and they could score more then this team. These guys cant throw the ball into the ocean. Ever heard of recruiting a couple guys that can actually SHOOT THE BALL tubby???? I hope Tubby is starting to feel the heat and hear some of the criticism he so richly deserves. This program has been the same broken record since he took over. Tough in non-conference against the South Dakota St.'s and American U's of the world with a couple quality wins mixed in and boderline pathetic, falling apart, getting worse as the season goes on in the big ten EVERY YEAR! He has no injuries or people playing out of position for an excuse this year either. Maybe he should think about getting rid of drunk drivin Sol and get some assistants that can actually coach and show him a thing or two.

Im not sure if i can even watch another game this year, just makes my blood pressure rise. 2 million for this guy???? wow

Watching this MSU Indiana game. There's seriously going to be 3 #1 seeds out of this conference. For the gophs to be in sixth behind Wisconsin, Illinois, and Ohio St is just about where this teams talent should be. Yeah it would've been nice to pick up 2 wins against NW and Iowa but that's the road in the big 10. It's never easy. If we were in the big 12 we'd have 4 losses and then reality would slap you in the face come tourney time. I'd rather have the big 10 conditioning and have a game against the likes of an Arkansas or Alabama 1st round rather than a 4 seed dropping to a 13.