• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who is still goin

Twins 57 Fan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still have two tags to fill. One management and the regular archery tag. Put two in the freezer rifle season as I was hunting in an intensive harvest area east of Hinckly. However, my bowhunting spot is in 338 and having to have 4 points on one side takes a lot of bucks out of the equation. Last year it was frustrating, but this year I have seen a 10 pointer numerous times. I probably wouldn't have hunted last Saturday and Sunday, but I have scrapped pheasant hunting except for taking my daughter out one time, and all duck hunting since opener just praying that this guy will make the mistake of getting within 30 yards of me or less. I have never considered myself to be a trophy hunter because historically in 25 years of hunting this spot we rarely ever saw a buck bigger than a 6 pointer. Maybe there is something to be said about the new rules. Might turn into a branch antlered buck hunter now that we are starting to see them. Hopefully the next couple of years will be even better. I only have one more chance to go out on Monday the 26th in the evening between now and the end of the season. The "boss" and I am not talking about the one at work has been great this year. I am keeping my fingers crossed but I now that this buck didn't become a 140 inch ten pointer by being stupid and I know the odds are against me, but everytime I see him in the woods I get excited like a kid at XMAS! Good luck to everyone who is still playing the game! I wish you all a ton of luck and a good holiday season!

saw 9 does today!! pulled back on one it was running and yelled at it... the doe stopped behing a pine tree another one was with it. then before that three does came in... had to pull down my face mask to put the kisser button in place. i was breathing so hard the doe i was going to pull back on got nervous and flagged away with the other two. came back 5 min later, came behind me pulled back again no shot. I was sitting in my stand in the pine with light snow falling this morning and it was so pretty!!

I filled all 3 of my tags and was tempted to purchase a MN archery tag as I have some good river bottom land with access to hunt.

The temps have been so nice I would have loved to have archery hunted for the past 2-3 weeks but I did not want to be a deer hog and take 4 deer but we do eat them all.

Got a few eyes and perch this morning and sat in the stand this evening-Blew it on a giant doe-apparently my bow has about 150# draw weight on the first cycle in the cold. Thought a cable was off or something so let down, examined and redrew-too late-arrgh..

Was out yesterday morning in SE minnesota until about 11am. Would have stayed longer but nothing was happening and close to no sign in the area. Might try one of the evenings this week for one last sit in the tree. Good luck to those still out there!

Sat out Friday eve, didnt see anything, went for an unproductive walk yesterday, then sat for the last hour, there was a nice doe bedded down right in the ditch behind where i was going to sit, didnt even have an arrow knocked when it got up and ran away, then saw one running through the woods like something scared it, about 15 min later an elderly couple came walking down the trail(neighbors), right during prime time of course. i'm going to get out once more, hopefully twice. Hoping that elderly couple will unknowingly make a drive for me through their woods since it seems like the only place to hold any deer at all around our place. Good luck to those who are still going.

Well, I put in a good sit today about 50yds off a food plot where the deer have been hitting the trophy radish and some of the turnips. Unfortunately the neighbor decided to drive his dodge diesel to the corner of the field, cut a tree down, drag it into the field and then spend the rest of the daylight cutting it up. That started just before 4pm. ARG! mad He was 100yds from the food plot.

Oh well.

I've got all of thursday available and most of friday and then I have to hang it up. Those two tags are burning a hole in my pocket. I'm hoping to get a hot lead because nothing else is real consistent right now.

I have been out the last three nights. Monday night I had a chance at a doe, but my arrow nicked a branch. That sucks...the next night I saw two does about 100 yards away. They came down to the river to drink and then right back the way they came. Tonight nothing. I might get back out on Sun, that way I wont have any competion. just kidding maybe on sat night. good luck if your still going.

One more sit tommorrow morning. Can't go in afternoon. I know mornings aren't as good as evenings but it will still be fun strapping on the snow camo for one more sit. Hoping the fresh 3 inches of snow puts them on there feet a little.

How much do you think the deer will be moving today with the temp in the 40's? It's the last day, so i wanna get out, but I'm not sure how effective sitting all afternoon will be. I may have to get out and slowly walk the property and hopefully stumble on a deer or two...