• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who is still goin

Twins 57 Fan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The warm weather makes for a comfortable sit, but there is not much deer movement now in the area I'm hunting near Cannon Falls. We need some snow and some cold weather, but the weather report looks like we're going to continue to have warm daytime temps and no snow.

Still hunting, though, until the end of the month!

Eng, I am just north of you in elko. Ben watching deer out my window on the neighbors farm every night from 4 till dark for a few days now. No permission on that one though. My permission is across the road so we will see what happens, haven't ben out in a while.

I had tag soup last year, didn't taste so good.

Yuck! Tag soup is terrible!!!

I've got a MN and a ND tag still- I'll get in a tree every chance I get from now until the law says I can't do it anymore!

I have 1 or 2 hunts left in me before I dine on buck tag soup new years.
Lou helped me prepare my soup with my rifle tag, I call it Corn-icelli chowder smirk If I don't get one with a bow, it will be on me. Jim-balaya smile

I have about 8 more times in the stand, including Christmas morning.I still have high hopes, even with the balmy weather.Good luck to all.

I'll be out and about and am extremely excited. This is my favorite time of the year (besides the rut) and I get to get away from state land around the Metro area and go back to my hometown with familiar and reliable late season grounds for X-mas through the New Year. Christmas eve day, late morning in particular, has been a freezer filling day and time for me on 5 out of 11 years on those grounds. Its also the same land, day, and time I took my largest scoring buck to date, so I'm still optimistic. Good thing my family celebrates on X-mas day and not on the Eve grin!

Good luck to those still going out, and happy holidays to all!

Quote:
I'll get in a tree every chance I get from now until the law says I can't do it anymore!

I see that you refer to the Mrs. as "the law." What a coincidence--mine goes by "the Warden." grin

Fortunately, the Warden has been very accommodating this year. All the inmates have left the prison. Rumor has it they will be returning for meals and gifts later this week.

I see that you refer to the Mrs. as "the law." What a coincidence--mine goes by "the Warden." grin

Fortunately, the Warden has been very accommodating this year. All the inmates have left the prison. Rumor has it they will be returning for meals and gifts later this week.

LOL laugh Yes, "The Law" or "The Ways and Means Committee", either one describes the lady of the household around here.

Mine's been very accommodating regarding hunting time this year too- I think she's finally realized that life's easier when I'm not here to get in the way! Glad I still pay a big portion of the mortgage or she'd have probably already upgraded... smile

I have 4 in the freezer and ice on the lakes,it's time for spearing now wink

I'm wishing I would have stuck one of the does that I passed on earlier so I could be out on the ice - but also love being in a tree stand when the sun is hitting the horizon, either in the morning or evening!!! And I still want to make it out pheasant hunting a couple more times!!!

Not enought time in life sometimes - especially when you have to work too!!