• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gonna miss ya girl

Duffman

Tough weekend, had to say goodbye to our little girl. A guy couldn't have had a better fishing buddy. Take care Chestnut, you were a top notch hound.

full-552-14283-img_001.jpg

full-552-14284-img_0027.jpg

full-552-14286-img_0503.jpg

full-552-14287-img_0852.jpg

full-552-14288-img_1438.jpg

full-552-14289-img_1151.jpg

full-552-14290-img_5002.jpg

full-552-14291-img_5500.jpg

The last pic is from late Sept, it's the last time we would fish together.

Duffman, sorry to hear about your loss. You have some great pictures [and memories] to remember her by. I especially love the two sunset pictures. Chestnut was a great looking dog and it looks like she lived a great life. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for goldens.

My condolences. It is the hardest things us dog lovers have to do. As a fellow Golden Lover Thanks for sharing your memories with us. How old was she. I have 2 my oldest is 10. I can tell she had a wonderful life! Sorry for your loss RIP Golden Girl.

Shes truly a beautiful Golden Retriever... from your pictures, she sure had a complete life... the life a Golden should, unquestionably, live and lead, and she had it all...

Heartfelt consolences goes out to you and your family, but know this, shes safe, pain-free, and happy over the rainbow bridge with countless other Goldens, including the one I lost little over 2 years ago Copper Jr (09/03/09), waiting to see you again someday...

Its been little over two years and the pain doesnt go away... it does get easier... Best advice I can give you would be to open up your heart whenever you are ready to another Golden, share your love and life with another Golden... I know this... I now have another Golden named MacGyver... I brought him home 3 weeks after Copper went over the rainbow bridge and I can say that he has been a HUGE blessing on my family and I... I initially had hard time thinking that I was trying to replace Copper but realized that it wasnt the case... I just cant live without Goldens... Theres just something about their brown eyes and amazing personalities...

Again, my heartfelt consolences...

Very sorry to hear of your loss duffman. I remember seeing your dog in your avatar looking like she was having a ball. I've been a dog guy a long time and there were only a few years during college where I didn't have one. While I've never owned a golden, I am exposed to them frequently when making calls out in the country. Goldens are consistently the friendliest dogs I run across. Am always relieved when I see one in a farmer's yard because I know what to expect. Unfortunately, I also know what to expect when we've lost one of our own furry friends, co-workers and companions. It tears our hearts out. As someone pointed out, the wound never completely heals and they can never truly be replaced. When the time is right though and we're healed sufficiently, I've found we can get another one. Hope that happens for you. My deepest sympathy.

Thank you folks for all the kind words, Chestnut did have a great life, I'm just glad I was part of it. The house is quiet, and I don't like it, as soon as the snow melts this spring I'm going to find myself a new little girl. And I can't wait to introduce her to you guys.

Mmmmmmmm puppy breath

Thanks again

Duff

Thank you folks for all the kind words, Chestnut did have a great life, I'm just glad I was part of it. The house is quiet, and I don't like it, as soon as the snow melts this spring I'm going to find myself a new little girl. And I can't wait to introduce her to you guys.

Mmmmmmmm puppy breath

Thanks again

Duff

Just put my lab down yesterday. Went home for lunch today and quiet is the correct word. Not fun. I hope you can find comfort in the memories of your girl. At the end of your time, I believe she will be waiting there for you...tail a'waggin.

Boy that's a tough one Duff....as I sit here with my 13 year old mutt laying at my feet it's hard not to get a little misty. I too remember a few of those pics from years past and I remember thinking what a happy looking dog you had. The quite must be deafening, but hopefully the memories help drown out some of the silence.