• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

gold rush season 2

broken_line

Was anyone else frustrated that the new episode this week was a "behind the scenes"? I like the show, but it's more about the process to me than anything else. I agree that Discovery has a ton of $$$ into the operations and want to see them succeed. You gotta think that "consultant" isn't cheap. He's worth every penny if you ask me, but I bet Disc is paying for that, and the offseason scouting, and other things.

The biggest question of the show is this though, yes gold prices are through the roof, yet so is the cost of operating. I think really the gold prices/costs ratio haven't changed much. To even break even...they need more gold than they can even imagine! And to get rich...that's just a dream. They have a better chance getting rich buying lotto tickets in town. The ND boys have a much better wash-plant for running loads upon loads!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the rate they are going yes, they wont be getting rich. But to be honest with you, the reality is that in one single scoop of the loader, they could easily get a pound or more of gold, and find a huge deposit, in which is what keeps the drive for all of these guys. I think there will be atleast one of these teams that hit the gold mine, so to speak.

At the rate they are going yes, they wont be getting rich. But to be honest with you, the reality is that in one single scoop of the loader, they could easily get a pound or more of gold, and find a huge deposit, in which is what keeps the drive for all of these guys. I think there will be atleast one of these teams that hit the gold mine, so to speak.

They keep showing someone holding up that big nugget in the credits.

I'm assuming one of the teams will find that.

Gotta remember that we dont'y even see an 1/8th of what really goes on. Discovery makes it that way with editing. I bet they are going full bore all the time. Disc makes it seem like they work one day a week.

You cannot be serious?!?!?

This show is so fake/staged it is crazy.

I could take 5 guys and 300k to Alaska and find so much gold I would have to give it away.

Count me in. I found a $20 in an old winter coat the other day, so I'll pitch that in.

I hope they change the way this show has been going. It's getting boring watching them break down and not find any gold each week. I wonder what the viewer ratings are like for this second season?

Not to zombie up a thread, but there was a marathon today and I thought I'd check it out. What a waste of a show. Even with the artificial dramatization given them, it was just sickening to see them not have a plan when playing with others money. And even if there was some sort of hashed together plan, it would get abandoned before it had a chance to work.

Dakota Fred and the Hoffmans need to work together, work one site, and not get their pride get in the way of filling their wallets. Abandon the Porcupine site when they worked all of the previous season to get to where they wanted to be, and then for to a new claim? Fools. Plus, when they went to the new claim, they went away from where the virgin ground was only to find out that the gold was were they were told to go in the first place? Duh.

If I had a nickel for every time the narrator talked about the fuel used when working, I think I'd have more in my pocket than most of them. "$1000 dollars a day in fuel..." over and over and over. Does no good to have them sitting idle, and honestly if you could run them 24 hours a day instead of 12 you'd have a better return on investment as far as equipment goes. They don't need to break to sleep, operators do. What a joke.

Give me back my Deadliest Catch. It may be man smut but I think its the best man smut out there. All others pale in comparison (I'll watch Ax Men for a laugh though. Those southern log theives reclaimers are a hoot.

yeah Friday night was another night of nothing happening i like watching the show but nothing happens, the first 10 min are a repeat from the week before and the rest of the show is Todd Hoffman saying fricken and him giving his hey the gold is there guys lets pull together blah blah blah

They are a trainwreck, that's the only reason I occasionally watch it. They'll screw up/not have a plan, then just say "there's gold here guys" and the sheople keep following along.

One plus about season 2..... about 500 less "glory hole" references.

"Drop-dead fantastic" has become the overly used phrase by Jack this year.

Todd's got a second career in politics for how full of cr@p he appears to be. The whole "We live in the greatest country in the world..." worked into his blue schist speeches has gotten old. I laugh every time i hear "fricken" or when something bad is happening "Oh FRICK". I am waiting for him to bad mouth some one and call them a "scally wag".

Did I do my math right, or were they hoping to clear $50,000 for the whole season and then split it 5 ways? $10,000 each? Don't know if the risk is worth the reward there. You would have to have Discovery money to make it pay.

DD

Did I do my math right, or were they hoping to clear $50,000 for the whole season and then split it 5 ways? $10,000 each? Don't know if the risk is worth the reward there. You would have to have Discovery money to make it pay.

DD

I thought they wanted $150,000. I could very well be wrong about that though. They all seem like big idiots though, so if they are willing to spend waste an entire summer making $10,000, more power to em.