• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

On Sept 9, my Dad-John Thomas Howard, age 77, passed.

Aside from losing my father and best friend, I lost the man who taught me how to fish. Over the years my Dad and I shared lots interests, from cars to camping, but nothing brought us closer than spending time on the water with fishing pole in hand. Dad and I spent an average of one day per week fishing since he moved to Minnesota seven months ago. Fishing open water will not be the same without him. Dad accomplished two "personal bests" this year a 30" Northern Pike and a 9.5" Blue Gill. Although the dates have not yet been set, some of Dad's ashes will be spread across two of his favorite lakes in Minnesota. One lake we would frequent often and spent six openers on in southern MN, and one up north at the cabin. I trust Dad is now with Mom in heaven, and hope he will look down on me from time to time.

Rest in peace Dad...I love you!

It's amazing the similarity, because I lost my Dad on July 11, and could say the same things, especially the time on the water. I trust he too is now with my mom.

We took him on a couple bigger trips the last 10 years or so, and I am glad we did. A word of advice for everybody - don't put off trips like that, because you just never know.

DD

On humble knees I pray I can be the dad mine was, and my memories of him make me a better man. Funny how a hook and worm can change a young man's life. Sorry for your loss, but I hope you know God's grace is shining on you and your loved ones in your time of loss. God Bless the Simple Men who are called Fathers.

I am sorry for your loss fellow fisher friend! I know what you must be going through as I lost my father in 1990(2 weeks before my high school graduation). He was 58 and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss him. Time will heal but hold onto the memories cause they will last FOREVER!

GOD BLESS!!!!!