• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Natures Calling on The Boat

amateurfishing

For those of you that are experienced/seasoned boaters, how do you plan/solve the natures calling issue when fishing all day/have smaller children/older parents on boat? Is it more specialized equip.? Breaks to shore every 2 hours? Just curious as I want to be proactive since this is all new to me and dont want to forget something special that I may need in the boat. thx.

Jimmy Johnny smile Or a wiffle bat with both ends cut off. Works great. For the girls, a 5 gallon bucket with a snap on toilet seat, looks just like a bucket cover, works great and prolly the best bet if going to shore isn't an option. (Bucket is also good for "emergency situations" on #2, haha! Folks have either had this happen, or they WILL have it happen sometime, haha!)

Or what my wife does is just sit down over the splash well and go, or if not using the livewell, just lift the lid and use that, then "flush" with the aerator smile

Also, one thing guys will always go to do, is stand up near motor and try to pee out into the lake so they don't hit the boat... dangerous as falling over is easy to do. Just have them stand in boat and pee into the splash well, then hit reverse for a bit and it flushes out. It also doesn't look like you are peeing from other boats view points wink

Enjoy the boat this summer!

For males in the boat,I carry a 1 quart gatorade bottle - you can close it with the cap and take it shore ,if you don't want to dump the contents over the side into the lake. It has a wide mouth (easy to use)and it's cheap!

None of the females that ride in my boat would settle for anything less than a trip back to the cabin.

Well seeing as though this is a issue with me since I had my Gull Bladder out I use a 5 gallon pail and some good garbage bags. Always have a bunch in the boat and ice house. I also make sure to take some amodium before going out on tourney days or when I know Ill be off shore all day like on Lake Superior.

For when my bride is with me, I keep an ice cream pail, some garbage bags, and tp in the boat. If we are fishing in a crowd, or someone else in the boat, I bought one of those big, cheap rain ponchos that she slips on before doing business. Works great.

Dean Thorn

When the family's in the boat we go swimming a lot smile

The ladies use the livewell or baitwell. They like it better if we don't turn the pump on until they're done laugh

The boy uses the livewell too, he feels more comfortable there than standing by the side of the boat.

I also keep a bunch of plastic grocery bags or tall kitchen garbage bags in the boat. I like to keep the trash picked up, and they also work to line the baitwell if needed for #2.

And we'll make a run to shore if needed. Boat launches, swimming beaches, marineas, parks etc. usually have some facilities. The key thing to remember is you want them to have fun and enjoy themselves, you don't want them to be uncomfortable or embarrassed when they're in the boat with you.

" If we are fishing in a crowd, or someone else in the boat, I bought one of those big, cheap rain ponchos that she slips on before doing business. Works great."

+ 2

I have the gals use the top half of my rain suit as a skirt, then a ice cream bucket.

I haven't had one lady complain about sitting on the edge of the boat...and these aren't Amazonian women either! Kids are a different story. I would go the gatorade bottle route as well. I doubt that I'd use a bag as it seems a bit of a waste to constantly use bags when a good rinse in the lake will cure most.