• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"The Field is unplayable"

DTro

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um...it's a bit early to jump to any conclusion on Webb. As the 3rd-string QB, he has taken next to no snaps in practice, and has only a few minutes of game time under his belt. What have we seen in that limited time? Great mobility and speed, throws a good deep ball, needs working making reads.

Sounds like almost every other rookie QB ever (except he has the wheels to run).

He played exactly 2 plays in his debut and came up lame. LAME. YAWN. BORING. I do have a crystal ball, and he is nowhere near a pro football QB. Another Childress decision we will be complaining about in a couple years. See the T Jack thread. Wait I have to edit this- I am the guy that thinks Rodgers is the most over-rated player in the NFL, btw. Webb had a chance, albeit to return kicks to show us all in his debut what he could do and played on 2 plays and left the game. Come on. 2 plays? Wait until Clay Matthews or Suh or Uhrlacher rolls him up for 4 quarters.

AMEN--- Montana

these players today are candya$$ compared to the past. bigger and faster, yes,, but come on. they are paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to play one game,, and they complain. College players would relic it. New England come Jan will be worse and anyone complaining ,,, Belichek will not allow to play I can tell you that.

also-- heating the field before taking the tarp off will cause worse condtions in the snow (ice) if they just let it fly commando.

Tonight well bring out the real football players. Heck, anyone can play in dome conditions.

hahahahaha that's for sure. Werder seems to just write stories for the sake of writing stories, and hope people forget about his whiffs.

As for Webb, do I think he's the franchise QB? No, not yet. But I think we haven't seen nearly enough of him to say. I see little chance for him to succeed tonight - few QBs not named Brady fare well under such conditions. But I won't close the book on him yet.

Still, if MN loses the rest of its games (we can hope...) it shouldn't matter WHAT Webb does the rest of this year, they need to draft a franchise QB.

Still, if MN loses the rest of its games (we can hope...) it shouldn't matter WHAT Webb does the rest of this year, they need to draft a franchise QB.

And they need to sign or trade for a vet that franchise QB can learn from for a season or two. McNabb is NOT that guy, but I can see the Vikes going after him, even tho Chillys gone.

I like Favre but it's time to take a seat and shut your pie hole. This game means nothing to the Vikings, not like we need this win to make the playoffs or anything. Only reason Favre would even want to play is to go down in more history like "the Ol' NFL game at TCF Stadium in blizzard conditions after the dome roof collapsed, Brett Favre came back to play the game after losing his streak when everyone else was afraid of the field because he's such an iron man!!"

the weather conditions aren't going to let anyone see what webb can or can't do. if favre plays it will be the last time a nationwide audience can see him play before he retires. every time he plays on monday night the past couple years it's espn's highest ratings.

This is Webb's pre draft scouting report on Rivals.com.

He isn't a natural passer and struggles to read coverages. Webb lacks the ability to go through his progressions. He doesn't display a confident throwing motion, has a tendency to short arm throws underneath and fails to keep his feet under him when asked to drive the ball downfield. He has a tendency to fall off on a lot of throws and is squeamish in the face of pressure. … He lacks ideal accuracy and touch on all levels of the field. He has a lazy delivery and will drop his elbow. Webb fails to generate much power from his lower half. He isn't a strong-armed passer and lacks the touch and anticipation skills to fit the ball into tight areas. He fails to diagnose coverages, will force the ball into traffic and isn't safe with the ball.

It has an uncanny resemblance to someone the Vikings just put on IR last week. The Vikings do not have anyone in the organization that can become even a serviceable quarterback. They need to draft one or go after Kevin Kolb from the Eagles. End of story.

This is Webb's pre draft scouting report on Rivals.com.

He isn't a natural passer and struggles to read coverages. Webb lacks the ability to go through his progressions. He doesn't display a confident throwing motion, has a tendency to short arm throws underneath and fails to keep his feet under him when asked to drive the ball downfield. He has a tendency to fall off on a lot of throws and is squeamish in the face of pressure. … He lacks ideal accuracy and touch on all levels of the field. He has a lazy delivery and will drop his elbow. Webb fails to generate much power from his lower half. He isn't a strong-armed passer and lacks the touch and anticipation skills to fit the ball into tight areas. He fails to diagnose coverages, will force the ball into traffic and isn't safe with the ball.

It has an uncanny resemblance to someone the Vikings just put on IR last week. The Vikings do not have anyone in the organization that can become even a serviceable quarterback. They need to draft one or go after Kevin Kolb from the Eagles. End of story.

+1,000,001

That's B.S. on Favres injury. He received a concussion or got his bell rung because a 300 lb. lineman slammed his head into the ground...wouldn't have mattered what field he was playing on...the result would have been the same.

ya good grief the dome is blactop for petes sake

these guys are hardly slipping on the field the snow woulda stoped the frost from getting real deep

they had it heat for 36 hrs or so

i just cant believe farve even played

i thought alittle more of frazier till tonight he shouldnt have

let him play

web all pumped all week then benched thats sucks

That was a fun game, the purple were ugly, but the game was fun. Seeing Bud Grant in a short sleeve shirt was great, the shots of the crowd whooping it up was great. A whole generation has missed out on that outdoor NFL action in MN, looks like they were making up for lost time. I even think it was a decent way for Farve to go out, he's done now.

Having said that, I hope the Twins go deep into October next year and the Wild and Wolves get off to a great start in the fall. The purple just ain't gonna cut it next year. smile