• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BBD.....Big Buck DOWN!!!!!

Meat-Run

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no idea on weight but I think he was on the same Ripley diet because it took everything we had for two guys to drag him. My guess on hoof #200, gutted #170 maybe, I'm a poor judge of weight. There was some ground shrinkage but I'm very pleased with the outcome. This buck definetly will set the bar a little higher for next year, hope I didn't disappoint you guys?

thank you all for the kind words.

mr

sure nuff!

That's the Epitome of a MN Deer Hunter

very, very deserving of a beautiful animal.

The picture by the water says alot. It makes me

thank God so much for what he provides. It really sets the mood of solitude, peace and tranquility.

Congrats MR and I hope you see many more,

he's an awesome trophy to say the least.

Hey M-R I couldn't help myself, I had to spice up your avatar for ya. smile

Thanks a bunch Dtro. Now that I have something to us for my avatar I was going to make that my weekly project. I have to say that most if not all you guys on here have been responsible in one way or another for my success this year. All the tips, comments, the fun bantering has kept the flame going strong. I can't thank you enough for the support recently and it didn't (sarcasticlly) help that Stick N String finally scored on a big pig that helped drive my desire even more. SNS has been a great mentor along with all you guys but that story that he posted earlier was very inspirational.

From one archery brother to another GOD BLESS and be safe!

Regards,

Meat-Run

thanks guys. I think I might need to invest in a jerky kit because I still have a bonus tag in my pocket and my father-n-law says theres a bunch of does in his back woods since the corn was just picked a day ago......MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, goooooood eats!

Hawghunter, seen any good size deer this year, anything close to that pig you got two years ago?

mr

I have a picture of one about the size of yours, he's outsmarting me thus far, passed on a huge bodied basket rack on Halloween night that I’m sure to regret. I wish the corn would come down, it seems to be a preferred bedding area right where I’m at. Not sure what Mr. farmer is waiting for???

I tell ya though, the private land I have to hunt has been untouched by others this year for the first time since I received permission 5 yrs ago. It’s unbelievable the difference in animal activity. Deer are not totally nocturnal, Turkeys, Fox, and grouse up the wazzo… makes every sit interesting..

My first outing this year at another public land spot I know, I was kept in my tree by a HUGE bear for about 30 after dark!!!! It actually laid down 15 yards from my tree with me screaming at it, whistling and shining my flash light at it. finely it slowly walked off down the exact trail I had to leave on… so ya, its been an interesting year to say the least.