• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dish Network & Fox Dispute!

Shack

Quote:

DISH Network loses Fox channels over contract dispute

The DISH Network has lost on Friday some 19 regional sports networks owned by Fox because the two sides have failed to forge a new agreement.

DISH said that News Corp., the parent firm of Fox, “is demanding a new contract with an unprecedented rate increase of more than 50 %.”

“DISH Network is not going to allow Fox or any programmer, to bully our customers into paying such an unconscionable price increase,” Dave Shull, senior VP of programming for DISH Network, said in a statement.

Scott Grogin, a spokesman for Fox, reacted by saying that the figure cited was “patently false” and a “gross overstatement.”

Fox made an offer five months ago but DISH did not act on the proposal, according to Grogin.

“We have attempted to negotiate with them virtually every day since then and they have not been willing to come to the table with any kind of reasonable suggestion,” Grogin said.

The DISH Network said that they will broadcast sports channels like NBA TV, ESPN Classic, NFL Network, and others as replacement for the Fox channels which were cut.

As a subscriber to Dish Network and a sports guy, I am caught up in this. On one point I just want to bail and get Direct. On another I do not want to have to go threw the change, enjoy the cheaper service DN offers and understand they are trying to keep prices and cost down. Spent another day researching what I should do and I like the updated offers Direct offers, but when combined with having/paying for Netflix, having Dish Network is still $30 cheaper per month. I figure just going two months with what I have I can save the money and buy the best external HD/Digital antenna on the market and get my Fox 9 and the games they broadcast. I have bought really good inside antennas and have failed so far. That involves running cable outside my house and mounting, but in the end will save me money.

Just wondering if anyone else is in this predicament? Only benefit us DN subscribers have is (unfortunately frown ) the Twins have lost out. If they went to the World Series, the crunch would be too much. Right now I am just worried about the Vikes games. Besides that Fox does not have much else I care to watch. The National Geographic Channel is a bummer to loose though.

I am trying to find a way to dump my Dish. Losing FSN was bad enough, as it is one of the most watched channels in my house. I like Minnesota sports and tend to watch whatever is on. Also the fishing shows. Problem comes in a I am in a 24 month contract that I signed on after I got my HD TV. Customer service is crappy to say the least, there is an e-mail to which you can send your message to the CEO. Will be sending one in the next couple of days!

the big difference on why i don't want to switch is Dish is the only company that I know that i can take my reciever with me to the cabin and out in the fish house and get my channels and that is a big thing!! Does direct have this option?

I looked at the channel lineups on DTV but they only have the NFL Red Zone channel if you buy the Sunday Ticket (which is highway robbery), so I'm staying put at Dish. Plus, Dish has better picture quality and HDTV channels anyway.

It'll work itself out. It always does.

the big difference on why i don't want to switch is Dish is the only company that I know that i can take my reciever with me to the cabin and out in the fish house and get my channels and that is a big thing!! Does direct have this option?

i know guys that have direct and do that i dont know if they bought extra dish or boxes or what but i know people that do it

The radio propaganda ads I heard this weekend are saying that if it's not resolved soon that Fox will pull Fox 9 too. Of course this means no more Vikings and other Fox sports, Nascar, baseball and so on.

That would really put the heat on somebody.

DD

Direct is easier to tune in when your using it portable,Dish uses 2 satellites getting both tuned is tough! Direct uses 1 sat.Much easier to get all chanels with Direct,well unless you have a tuning meter at a cost of 150 or so.

I just switched to Direct, if the T wolves start playing like they are in pre-season, maybe I'll get back into b-ball on FSN.

Went into Best-Buy and talked to a direct TV guy there, they will give you $250 gift card to switch to DTV if you buy a TV worth $499 or more, cant use it towards the $499 TV, but in a month I'll be able to get a nice LCD for the bedroom smile

Anyways the package they have going now is $20 shipping fee and you get 2 HD DVRs and another reciever, one of the channel packs, for like $55 plus taxes etc... I was paying like $75 for Dish.....price good for a year, then goes to $70...

direct is not currently having the problem cause their contract isn't up.....I called dish for the third time and finally got them to give me $10 off a month for a year.....at least it is better than the 2 free movies they offered!!!

direct is not currently having the problem cause their contract isn't up.....I called dish for the third time and finally got them to give me $10 off a month for a year.....at least it is better than the 2 free movies they offered!!!

We just finished the $10 off/month for a year promotion from Direct, so I called in today and they offered me $5 off /month for a year. Told me they couldn't do $10 again because we just had it.

You can get deals, you just have to ask.

here is a copy of the email i just got...

Dear Pushbutton,

DISH Network is pleased to announce that we have reached an agreement with FOX and that your FX and National Geographic channels have been restored. You may have also had a FOX Regional Sports Network channel removed and this programming has been restored as well. The new agreement also ensures the continued carriage of all your FOX local channels.

We appreciate your patience during this time and regret the inconvenience this may have caused you. Starting now, you can enjoy a variety of great programming that will be offered as a free preview for a limited time:

Sony Movie Channel — Enjoy HSO, uninterrupted and remastered theatrical movies. Available on channels 386 (HD) and 387 (SD)

NBA League Pass — Catch the excitement of your favorite NBA basketball teams—right from your living room. Available on channels 560-572

For more detailed information, including dates in which these channels will run in Free Preview, please visit www. dish. com/preview or tune to Channel 102.

DISH Network thanks you for your loyalty and for standing by our side.

Sincerely,

DISH Network