• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Swamp People

LMITOUT

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was using a .22 like the others, then I would have no worries about shooting a gator in the boat....especially if it was a 12 footer that was still kicking on the bottom of my boat. shocked

A pea sized hole leaking water would be the last thing I'd be worrying about. smile

Maybe they like the extra distance the rifle gives them, it would be safer sticking the rifle barrel down to the gaters head than a handgun.

That does make sense. A little extra distance is good.

I think why they do that is because handguns are illegal to take game in a wma in Louisiana though.

I would have no problem slapping one of those on the head with my 357 though. I bet if it was legal to use handguns that would be choice cause it takes up less room and would be quicker on the draw. Even a .22 handgun would be better in a boat.

The Guy who give his dog little Debbie's uses a 12ga so I don't think its a huge deal to put a little bigger hole in them.

The guy with the cake eating dog is the one that could use a pistol. That looks like a tough job hunting by himself.

Holding a line that has a 10ft gator on the end of it with one hand and shooting a rifle or shotgun with the other hand just doesn't look all that safe to me! eek

Yeah, it's definitely something different and I've been DVR'ing it every week. When those gators are up on the bank and they get out of the boat to chase them down it'll make the hair on the back of your neck stand up a little bit!

its not a speech problem its there accent, if we went down there they would think we have a speech problem
Ya sur you betcha! If dem gator boys ever eat some good old Lutefisk theyd nevr go after dem gators again. Don'tcha know! laugh

grinlol...he got bit by a small gator on 3-4 of his fingers and I thought he was gonna have a baby? Screaming like all get out for his daddy! I bet them swamp girls look at him a little differently now!

It probably hurt, I have no doubt, but no worse then getting bit by a big pike or muskie? I seen my brother get bit on 4 of his fingers by about a 10 pound pike and he didn't scream? He swore some and let out a couple of "Ow, ow's" when I was taking apart the pikes head with a pair of pliers, but he didn't scream bloody murder?

Same with my son, about an 8 pounder latched onto his hand when he let his gaurd down and he didn't scream? Grimaced while I took the pikes head apart, they just won't let go.

When I was a kid, I seen a friends dad reach into an ice hole on Mille Lac and haul out a huge 20 pound pike that broke off at the top of the hole, with his bare hand...again, some "ow, ow's" but no screaming.

In all three instances, there was lots of blood though, lots of it!

Those gator hunters are something else! I wouldn't do some of the chit they do, thats for sure and I would make sure the gun/s was loaded at all times. I would also have a loaded side arm and a good sharp knife on my belt!

We used to trap and sell snapping turtles years ago and them things are mucho stinky.... but I bet a boat load of gators in the hot sun would have most people splashing the hash!

It would be an experience to do that no doubt....it would be hard to get excited about a 5 pound walleye after catching something like that!